IGNORED

2 Up?

wolfman1

I've been reading a lot about the Dark Side, however not much is out there about riding 2 up and/or pulling a camper. Any one out there with some good info? Alos what's the most milage anyone's gotten on the rear for a car tire?

Thanks,

Steve

My wife loves it. She says that the bike feels more stable to her and the ride is softer.

Don't know much about mileage yet. As far as I know, only one guy has worn one out so far. The rest of us are still going. I have maybe around 8000 miles on mine now.

Hey Wolfman,

You can look at mine in Spring Green, but you won't find a back seat.:080402gudl_prv:

Steve

Cool Steve. I'll see you there. Didn't know you were a dark sider. I want to know I'm making the right decision before getting one with Kim riding everywhere with me. If it were just me on the bike, I'd already have one. I know Lowell also rides on them. I just want to be extra careful when it comes to my Kim. I've got an E-3 on the rear now and it has 13,000 miles and still tread left. It just costs do darn much! I change tires right now 1-2 times a year. Too much money being spent, if I really don't need to.

Cheers,

Steve

i now have over 21,000 on my bfg c/t. installed it on april 06 '08. went to the 08 international rally in canada. towed a fully loaded trailer and my daughter sarah, round trip was 4,238 miles. handles great i mostly ride 1 up, tire still looks good. i think i will go up one size to a 165 and give it a try when the 155 wears out.

best reguards

don c.

I was all set to slap a CT on my scoot and I mentioned it to the wife last week. With the help of the Parts Dept. at my local Dealer she ordered 2 front and 3 rear's of the Michelin Commanders for the scoot..........

Looks like its gonna be a while before that CT makes it to my bike......:rotf:

Boomer........who's happy that someone on this planet is concerned enuff about him.....and I hope's to hell she don't find my sipping whiskey and girlie mags in the saddlebags. :whistling:

OK - I'm totally confused --- dark side ? CT tire ?? Is this a Venture tire ??

LOL! Darksiders are those who have chosen to put CT's (car tires) on the rear of their Ventures and other scoots.

Boomer......who can't get to the Darkside.....yet.

I dont scape the pegs on my bike. It has floorboards!!!! :rotf:

but anywho, here's what the bottom of my bike looks like while running a car tire.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=309569&postcount=19

Seems to me it would be cheaper for you to stay with a MC tire. Not only do you have to replace tires, now pipes and floorboards. :hihi:

Ditto what the other guys are saying. I run a Kumho PowerStar 758 in 165/80R15. The M/C tire has a load rating of around 900lbs. The Kumho has a load rating of 1202lbs. Just one of the reasons that I like it. Handles just like an MC tire but grips better.

I'm usually riding 2 up at 72-75mph. Me 300lbs and the 'boss' is just over 100.

My Venture will never see an MC tire on back again... and when the front wears out I will have a reversed rear MC tire on the front wheel.

Ditto what the other guys are saying. I run a Kumho PowerStar 758 in 165/80R15. The M/C tire has a load rating of around 900lbs. The Kumho has a load rating of 1202lbs. Just one of the reasons that I like it. Handles just like an MC tire but grips better.

I'm usually riding 2 up at 72-75mph. Me 300lbs and the 'boss' is just over 100.

My Venture will never see an MC tire on back again... and when the front wears out I will have a reversed rear MC tire on the front wheel.

Cool. Thanks for the info. It's been helpful.

Steve