IGNORED

Since there's no vogel next year

mini-muffin

By now most of you know the Lewis and Charlene are taking a well deserved break next year. I think they've earned a break, these events are stressful to put together plus the fact that Charlene got hurt this year was tough on Lewis. So Jeff and I decided to put something together for a replacement for next year.

Now I need to know how many are interested in going. I'll have to start making some of the arrangements now. We are going to have it in Asheville NC. I'm planning on setting it up through Asheville East KOA. These are the breakdowns price wise for staying:

RV sites $25 - $35, Tent sites $22 - $29, Kabins $30 - $70, Kottage-Lodge $90 - $125

They have the kottage lodges with bathrooms. All the kabins and kottages have ac. They have wifi as well as data ports available. If I set this up through KOA they recommend you start large gathering plans about a year in advance. So if you all would let me know if you're interested I can get started. I've already checked out stuff to do in the area, and ladies you'll like the fact that they have a craft place where you can buy the stuff they make. Not sure what exactly we'll do when we get there it's still in the early stages of planning. I'm not planning a ride to the dragon, but I'm sure if you want to go someone would be willing to get you there. Here's a link to the website to give you an idea of what it's like there.

http://www.koa.com/where/nc/33116/facilities/

I've been to this KOA and they are very biker friendly.

So let me know what you all think.

Margaret

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had been looking at the KOA earlier. It looks like a nice place to have a meet. Plenty to do in the area. Think it is a go. We will try and be there. Like the idea of relaxing. Maybe riding some of the Blue Ridge Parkway, Gem mining:), shopping, Wheels of Time, tubing on the stream, etc.:cool10::cool10:

I was looking at all you can do in the area too, then I thought maybe we should make it longer if we want to do stuff and relax. :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

On a more serious note if you want to go to the Biltmore house you can get your tickets for that at the KOA office. I think they have tickets to some of the other area stuff that requires an entrance fee.

Margaret

Salty the Biltmore is nice, but if you do go I recommend taking a picnic lunch with you. The food is way too expensive, but once they get you in there you don't have a choice. They have the food in the middle of your trip through, so you have to get to the end to leave. They actually have some stuff you may be interested in.

Margaret

I guess I can drag the Mechanic and myself to this event.

We can all ride up and down I-40 and play dodge ball with the truck drivers. :rotf:

Also, there is a very nice ride from Ashville to Lake Lure (which is where Chimney Rock is located, the place where the movie Last of the Mohicans was filmed). I would not do this ride on a Saturday though, very congested there.

:cool10::cool10:

Hey Mini-Muffin,

My wife and I would be interested. Keep me posted. We have been through Ashville three times in the past two years and let me tell you, you need to have reservations in advance to get a room anywhere. All three times every place within miles was booked up. The last time we went was in June of this year. We started on the blue ridge parkway in Cherokee NC and got off in Asheville around 4:30pm. We drove for miles stopping at every motel and asking for a room. We finally got to some place in Tennessee around 8:00pm and they had a room and it was 150.00 per night. We said if we ever go to North Carolina again we will make plans ahead of time as to where we will stay.

Thanks for picking up the ball on this.........Sam and I are definitely interested if work schedules will permit, so as soon as we get a date we can give a definite answer.

as long as the Kabins have ac and private bathrooms, we're good to stay there, we're kinda funny that waym(Noo Yawkas, ya know)