IGNORED

ebay PayPal bike cover purchase

spear

Just scrolled down the page to the ebay items for sale and saw an XXL bike cover (to suit the RSV) for sale for 99c - Buy It Now. So I did! Will be shipped from China (what isn't these days) and freight to Australia was $20. Now, that's $20.99 which through PayPal equates to nearly $US35. Still a bargain I reckon. What the heck.

I'm fairly confident it'll arrive safe and sound, and if it doesn't I'm protected by PayPal.

Anybody else purchased a similar item through this system?

Any problems encountered?

I bought a similar cover for a 82 cb900 that I have, and can't say that I have any complaints. It's not very heavy, and I doubt it'll give me the life of an OEM cover, but for less than $20, whaddya want? I believe mine sold for .99 plus $18 shipping.

:97:

Hey Spear, I just bought two. One for my Venture and one for my M109R. Should arrive any time now.

Bought an expensive lined one last time and it still rotted after only two years, so I'd rather go with the cheapies and at least be able to pack it in the trunk.

After buying several different covers off Ebay, some light and only good for an overnighter... if it doesn't rain :), I found a cover on Ebay from Champion Covers that is made out of a slightly heavier medium weight material, and still remains stowable. I have a couple in 24/7 use right now and so far so good. At $23 bucks plus $9 bucks for shipping it's a better deal than the lighter covers from HongKong. Plus it's warantee'd by a US company that is easy to reach if the need arises. They also have a very heavy cover for $59 that I haven't tried yet, but plan on it. FYI Any cover listed to fit the RSV will also fit the 1stGen.

Just scrolled down the page to the ebay items for sale and saw an XXL bike cover (to suit the RSV) for sale for 99c - Buy It Now. So I did! Will be shipped from China (what isn't these days) and freight to Australia was $20. Now, that's $20.99 which through PayPal equates to nearly $US35. Still a bargain I reckon. What the heck.

I'm fairly confident it'll arrive safe and sound, and if it doesn't I'm protected by PayPal.

Anybody else purchased a similar item through this system?

Any problems encountered?

I bought the same deal. about 8 or 9 days later the item showed up in the mail. I was impressed with the product seemed to be made out of decent material and was light weight and compact when folded up. The workmanship was good with no apparent flaws. All in all I thought it was a supper deal. I ended up giving it to my GoldWing riding buddy for a birthday present so I don't have any durability answers for you.

For the price I don't think you will get hurt. If your deal turns out like mine you'll be pleasantly surprised.

FYI.....

Wal Mart sells them for $15.00 and they fit the Venture fine once the antennas are put down..and it comes with a rope pull carry bag.

Make sure you get the XXL cover (mine was two tone silver)

I bought the same cover from China. 99 cents plus $17 shipping. The cover is light weight and has no windshield cloth sewn into the inside to protect the windshield from scratches. I keep checking the windshield and so far so good. It is basically a dust cover. I have never left it out in the rain and I doubt it would keep the rain out but who knows.

Harry:confused24:

• 1 month later...

I thought I better come back on this one.

My cover cost me 99c + $20 freight (rip-off!)

However, when you consider that the thing only cost me $20.99, I'm more than happy with it. Like the posts above say - it's very light and packs into a very small draw-string bag that fits in a corner of a pannier.

I use it as a dust cover, and the pillion threw my old and rotting heavy duty cover over the top again. At least it'll be very warm during the winter. Only got to 13 degC (55degF)today. Rained most of the day. And no - I didn't ride to work!

If one wants cheap , get the thin painters drop cloth sheets of plastic for just for them once in a while needed coverage . Pack extremely well , light-weight , use for any occasion from rain , to laying on the ground from getting dirty if need to get under the scoot . I've used them for emergency shelter to collecting water . Thought they look cheap , they are very practical . You might get laughed at , but hey ....scoot is protected and more money left towards the adventures and safety chrome . Plus they are disposable . Just make sure the scoot is cooled off enough before you cover .

BEER30

I have had mine for a year now and there is one drawback for these china covers..

They let Infared light in as if they were not there. When I parked my bike outside one evening because the garage was fulll of garage sale stuff, I looked at the security cameras and saw my bike. I SWORE I put the cover on. So I wander back to the garage and the cover is on it. They are Infared transparent, the cameras can see through it, and when I cover the bike on a sunny day, the grips and the bike are as hot as if it was sitting in the sun uncovered.

I dont know if they let through UV light, but they probably do. They do keep light rain off the bike, but a heavy downpour will get through it.

I just use mine to keep the dust off in the garage but I took it on a trip a week ago the keep the dew off and it rained that night. I went out the next morning and the cover was soaked. I just new the bike would be wet also. I took the cover off and it was completely dry on the inside. I was shocked. The cover cost me 99 cents plus $17 shipping. So I am very pleased with the cover. It also packs away into a very small bag.:thumbsup2:

if your bike is garaged, use old bed sheets, better for the paint and windshield and free. easy to wash. NO they won't work outside, but that is why I said "garaged"! :)

I have a cheap cover I got off e-bay, can't remember the company but it is US made, and I use it on the road. Way too much trouble for daily use in my garage.

I try to stay away from products from China these days.

I try to stay away from products from China these days.

That is probably a good idea but it is getting awful hard to buy want you need that is Made in America. The old sheet is a good idea but it will drag the ground if your not careful. I like this cover because it will not touch the ground and pick up loose trash. I use an old towel to put between the cover and the windshield. I can get heavier covers that are not made in China but you don't no where there made unless you email the company and ask. Heavier covers are also a pain in the a$$ to carry around.