IGNORED

1st Annual Gettysburg M&E Results!

halfwitt

33 Bikes

48 people

and............$350 dollars raised for the Freebird Fund!!!!!

What a great day. Couldn't ask for better weather or better company. It was so good to meet so many people. Pics coming soon.

We'll do it again next year!!!

Edited by halfwitt

WE just got home, it was a great day, nice to see old friends and have a chance to meet lots of new ones. Thanks to Randy and Brenda for putting it together, and thanks to all who supported it. Hopefully everyone makes it home safely. Craig

It was my first Venture event, very enjoyable. Lots of very nice people, good conversation, great bikes to look at and talk about. Mine was the white 1988 1st gen.

As much as I've been learning about the Venture on this website, nothing beats picking other people's brains with this and that suggestion.

Thank you to the organizers of this event, and everyone who made it.

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD

(Just tuned in to Fox News, and my town is in the headlines -- bad news)

Had a great ride over, 39 degrees when I left home. It must have been 70+ by the time I got there! Boy, there sure was a lot of second gens. Great food, friendly people, and a great ride home. My bike wasn't voted the best, but it wasn't voted the dirtiest or needs the most repair either! All around, a good day. I got 44 MPG on the way home, was happy about that. I still think SKID trailered his bike over, there wasn't a single @#$% bug on the front of it!:rotf:I called Jean while I was there, (she had to work today) Of course she said have a great time! ("I hate you") I even stopped at Hill Top and had an adult beverage at a Harley biker bar, they treated me great! ("Nice car, What is that a road sofa? Maybe you should park NEXT DOOR")

Have pics below,

Earl

We got home at 2 this afternoon. Had a great weekend. Started on friday when we got to Riderdukes house and lasted till this morning when we left Riderdukes house. I have some pics I'll post later. Didn't take a lot at the meet because we had Bobbie (sleeperhawk's Mechanic) there.

Margaret

Mechanic and I made it home around 2 pm today. Mechanic has around a ton of pics, but I will not get loaded until tomorrow evening.

Was great M&E, first time we have been to Gettysburg. Sledgehammer and us pulled into Gettysburg Friday evening and rode through the battlefields Saturday morning prior to the Meet, awesome sites.

Again, thanks for pulling this one together.:cool10::cool10:

BEER24/7 and I made it home around 4-ish . Had a GREAT Time and met Great People , Old and New !

Thanks to RiderDuke and Felicia for their hospitality for the accommodations , And a Great Big Thanks to the Man Upstairs for such a Safe Beautiful Day and a Great M & E . Now I have to polish the Bling-Blings I won !

BEER30

I had a good time the weather could not have been better, it will take me some time to keep the names with the faces but was great meeting every one. Me and RTR and Skid did a quick tour of the battle field seen a few sights I have not seen before. On the way home the bike was running a little ruff did a carb sync ahve to wait untll its stops rainning to test ride hope I got it right.

Arrived home about 2 pm today also. Everything was perfect;the weather, the restaurant, the location, and most of all, the people. A great time was had by all. It was a pleasure to see old friends and meet some new faces. Thanks Halfwitt for organizing this M&E. Now we need to get some of our Northern friends to come to a M&E in the South.:thumbsup:

Arrived home about 2 pm today also. Everything was perfect;the weather, the restaurant, the location, and most of all, the people. A great time was had by all. It was a pleasure to see old friends and meet some new faces. Thanks Halfwitt for organizing this M&E. Now we need to get some of our Northern friends to come to a M&E in the South.:thumbsup:

I hope we can make it! Let us know when and where. Glad you enjoyed it and thank you so much for making the ride up to join us.

Had a great time, thanks to all involved in putting on the M&E. Good to meet the gang, I'm sure MaryAnn will make the next one with me, we are looking forward to it. Got home to Urbanna about 8:30, 452 miles round trip, great ride and not very tiring because it was broken up with lots of stops to rest and talk, thanks to all.

YUP YUP,

We had a great time. The weather was perfect and the company was perfect. I don't think that we have ever had this many people stay at our house at one time. I'm gald everyone made it back with-out any problems. See you guys soon.

Halfwit, thanks for putting this together. it was a great way to kick off the spring riding season.

We had a great time and what a fantastic turn out. It was really good to meet everyone. A special thanks goes out on behalf of my wife and myself to the the VA/NC and SC guys. I got a front flat at 65 mph a little past the exit for route 15 south at Frederick MD, and man that was scarey! The Muffinman had a portable pump with him and they got the tire pumped up enough so I could hobble to the Sheetz in Leesburg Va. Got a can of tire fixit and pumped it back the rest of the way. Seems I had a slow valvestem leak and the tire just blew. They all made sure we made it home safely. THANKS AGAIN guys for all your help! The Muffinman said the nicest thing out on the side of the road, "We never leave anyone behind" What a great bunch of folks.

Kim & Karen Woodworth

We had a great time and it was nice to meet everyone. Couldnt ask for nicer weather. We got back last night right before the rain started. Here are some pics plus some battlefield pictures. I even got a pic of the barn with the cannon ball hole in it talked about earlier in this post. Great town, great people, great time. See you all again soon,

Paul & Sam

For those of you who saw Dragonrider's Gift at the PA M&E and have never see the post about it then Here it is http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29468

Remember it is a suprise so if you got a picture of it DO NOT POST IT.:stirthepot::rotf:

But Taunting Lewis is OK:rotf: So go ahead and post something up on the thread!!!!!!!!:whistling: See post #69:rasberry: