IGNORED

So, did the 1st gen have a rev limiter?

Beau-Kat

In another thread, I had asked if the 1st gens had a rev limiter, but didn't get a responseyet.

Since I am hearing how fast they must be (never ridden one myself...yet), I was wondering if any of them through the model years had rev limiters.

Just wondering if you folks that have them are able to "spin 'em up" a bit more than our 2nd gens, which do have limiters.

Thanks.

In another thread, I had asked if the 1st gens had a rev limiter, but didn't get a responseyet.

Since I am hearing how fast they must be (never ridden one myself...yet), I was wondering if any of them through the model years had rev limiters.

Just wondering if you folks that have them are able to "spin 'em up" a bit more than our 2nd gens, which do have limiters.

Thanks.

I read in an article somewhere about the 1stGens having one up around 10,000rpm...or maybe that's where the valves float... :):whistling:

Not really sure for the 1st generation Ventures. But, 2 days ago as I was trying to beat the rain clouds:250: headed home from work...I managed to hit 110-115 mph on my Venture. It was smooth as silk travelling at that speed and I stayed at that pace for a good 3 to 4 minutes and then backed down to 95 mph on the speedo.

I guess sometimes, it is ok to put the bike at WOT...just be very careful on the straightaway.

No Rev-Limiter on any 1Gen.

You Guys should stay away from Revs more than 10,000. Because at that Piston Speed, not only the Valves are in Danger, but the upper Eye on the Con-Rods will lengten and a ticking Noise will be heard. Louder and louder over Time. Happens a Lot on the Vmaxes, mostly actually by "Accident" there, or by missing a Shift. Not funny.

Not really sure for the 1st generation Ventures. But, 2 days ago as I was trying to beat the rain clouds:250: headed home from work...I managed to hit 110-115 mph on my Venture. It was smooth as silk travelling at that speed and I stayed at that pace for a good 3 to 4 minutes and then backed down to 95 mph on the speedo.

I guess sometimes, it is ok to put the bike at WOT...just be very careful on the straightaway.

110-115 my first gen would be in third with two more to go!!!!!!!

What is this word "slowly"????? This word clashes with riding a 1st gen, especially a '83 Mk1......
:think: :think: "Cruising Slowly" is synonomous or equal to "Riding a 2nd Gen". I knew I would have to explain that to all 1st gen riders. :rotf::rotf::rotf: