IGNORED

Just got my seats back from Rick

Spyder

I just got my modified seats back from Rick yesterday. I love it! Thanks Rick. I only rode 10 miles to work this morning but the seat feels great. From the first day I bought my Venture in 2006 I wished they would have done a better job in shaping the seat. Rick has it right! I can't wait to try a longer ride.

I sat on the rear seat while the bike was in the garage and can't really comment on the difference because I only rode back there once or twice for a short distance. My wife Maureen has not been able to ride with me since her car accident last August. At this point she is still not phisically able to ride yet. She will still need to deal with the emotional side of things. After rolling her car five times she is aprehensive about riding again but she is determined to do it!

Thanks again, Rick.

I would definitely recomend this modification as "Money well Spent"

Dave

Here's mine. If you don't see much difference between my modified seat and the OEM, it's because it looks almost the same. Rick Butler removes some of the stock foam and replaces it with memory foam. He also cuts out a tailbone relief. He can do more, but that's all I needed doing. He reused my existing seat cover.

Here's a link to his Classified Ad on this site.

Pics!! Pics!! Pics!!

Ok, for those of us who are a little...ummmm...slow...who is Rick? How much? contact info?

and lastly, has/can any of your give a comparison between Rick's mod and Corbin?

Thanks.

The seat will come back from Rick and visually you can NOT see that anything has been done. The seat looks exactly STOCK. Park yer butt on the scoot and hit the road....your butt will speak to you very clearly....and thank you!!

Boomer.........who has one happy butt to offset his ugly mug.

Rick did my seat over the winter and in the past week i have taken two rides and it is great...looks the same but i no longer slide forward and instead sit back and into it...very comfortable without any pressure on the tailbone...also the narrowing of the front a little now means that my legs are not constantly rubbing on the seat...

THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD COME FROM THE FACTORY...EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE RICK DO THEIR SEATS....he is great to work with and its a great deal for the price....can't wait to do a few hundred mile ride..:2133::2133::2133:

Thanks Guys,

It was my pleasure to help you out and you all have been keeping me pretty busy this winter. In fact I was only recently able to finally get caught up, where at one time I had 8 boxes stacked up in my garage waiting to be next. And I'm still working on 3 currently, but they go pretty quick once I get started. In fact the word has started getting out on me locally after I did a couple of BMW R1200 GSA seats for friends.

But Darryl,

Take a look at my classified ad, where it should have everything you need to see what I do and to send me your seat:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/1023/cat/7

Just let me know if I can help,

Rick

Hey Rick (and everyone else),

Thanks for the replies/info. I currently ride with a Corbin seat, but am always looking for more comfort. Rick, I will definitely check out your webpage and if I get some extra $$$ set aside, hope to do business with you in the near future.

Darryl...who has no cool Boomer sign-offs to share

Rick,

THANKS! Got my RSV seats back about a week ago. I have been able to ride about 3 days total time - chopped up of course - damn Midwest weather! Anyway I noticed the difference right away! I sit in the seat now and my cahonies no longer get all mashed up into the tank! I love how I sit on the bike now! You did wonders with that pillow-top! I can't wait for the first long ride to see how well my cheeks wear!

Excellent turn around, great communication. Thanks again Rick!

The "Butt"ler mod rules!

Well Brenda,

Probably, but I'm not sure that I know what a 650 custom seat looks like. Now I've done several 1100 V-Stars that came out good.

Do you have a picture or a link? It's really crazy now when I look at other bikes and my gaze goes right to the seat. And I can tell at first sight what seats are butt burners and the 650 and 1100 V-Stars are both in this class.

Let me know what it looks like,

Rick

Rick

Can you mod a 650 Custom seat the same way? Have you done one before?

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/1023/cat/7

Just let me know if I can help,

Rick

Hi Rick,

As I live over there !!:australia: Is it possible to get the memory foam from you and posted over to Western Australia (we don't have it here) Then with your permission :fingers-crossed-emo

I would show your pictures to an upholsterer I know here to fix my pillow top seats. My right leg does not bend much, so side of seat will need a mod. done to it--so might as well make it comfy for long trips too. What would you charge for enough memory foam to do my rider and pillion seats (plus postage) ??????

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly

Well Brenda,

Probably, but I'm not sure that I know what a 650 custom seat looks like. Now I've done several 1100 V-Stars that came out good.

Let me know what it looks like,

Rick

Rick

Here are a couple pics. Hope I'm doing this right.