IGNORED

OMG - I did it! My 2nd Bike 1900 CC's

Christo

So for the last 3 years I have been wanting a 2nd bike. I LUV my RSV - I have been waiting and waiting for Yamaha to rev the damn thing and they haven't - BUT that is ok. I got mine pretty much the way I like it - she runs good, she gets double-takes, all the comforts of home. But I wanted something to have "fun" with. Something to make loud and tool-around on. So I have been looking at RSTD's, the Roadliners, and in my wild dreams - maybe someday a Stratoliner. Well after I looked over that 2006 RSTD that had 300 miles on it - was completely disappointed. In this thread I got some good advice from RSTDog, and he was right on the :mo money:, the gas tank was all rusty, the chrome was pitted and rusty, and it did not run. Damn shame, that bike was practically new - it needed some TLC, but that is NOT what I was looking for. I know some of you guys are good with the grease and a wrench - my life deals with people and 1's & 0's, so tinkering was not part of my game plan for a second bike.

So I got a call from a guy who has a bike listed on this forum - he said that if I did not like the RSTD I was going to look at today that he had a 2006 Stratoliner that he would make me a good deal on.

So this got me thunkin and thinkin. I spent the entire day yesterday from about 2PM until 2AM, looking and researching the Strato's. I decided that his bike was nice, but I want to keep silver in the family - my fav color, and I wanted an "S" model.

So I found 3 of them through various places like ebay, CycleTrader, Craig's List, and private sellers. Right color, decent prices, etc, etc. Spoke with the people selling them and got a feel for who they were and are and what they REALLY wanted.

After all the research, I pulled the trigger and made an offer on one of them this morning. It's all good, should be here in about 2 weeks I am guessing.

http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/3a/d5/aa82_3.JPG

2006 Stratoliner S, 1,600 miles, excellent condition, one-owner.

I am excited like a little kid on X-Mas!

:thumbsup2:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I was thinking they may use it as the next Venture platform, rather than have to design a whole new bike around the vmax motor. I'd be tempted.

I could see that - the bike rides smooth, lots of power. There is some noise form the airbox that I think Yammie needs to work on and make that quieter. But I could so see this as a tourer. As a matter of fact on the Delphi forums for the Strato - lots of guys and gals have done just that. Very nice jobs of it too! Full on paint matching hard bags, trunk, and fairings. Amazing looking!

• 11 months later...

So while my RSV is getting a new clutch and springs, tune up, some touch up paint, and other "stuff" done to it so it is ready to ride later this month to OH, I thought I would share some pictures of my other scoot - very very very fun bike - great for tootin round town and just day scoots. My RSV is STILL the Cadillac of choice for me.

Christo, you now have a problem that I have. When I go out to the bike garage in the morning I have to decide which one to ride. The Statoliner or the Venture. I almost sold the Venture the other day but thank God the guy decided to buy a new one.

Christo, you now have a problem that I have. When I go out to the bike garage in the morning I have to decide which one to ride. The Statoliner or the Venture. I almost sold the Venture the other day but thank God the guy decided to buy a new one.

I figured out an easy process, if I am taking my 5 yo girl out, RSV, if I will be out for more than 4 hours, RSV, all other riding is the Strat. Which means I find all kinds of errands to run while she is in school! ;-):whistling:

Awesome looking ride. Yamaha now has the strat with a fairing. In my opinion getting ready to replace the RSV. If it came with a trunk I would be in talking price already.

Oh you can get trunks! Tons of guys have transformed their Strats into excellent looking and very functional full touring bikes - really amazing. BUT I think the RSV is a more comfortable and smoother riding/running machine. I can't give it up, never thought I would EVER become a 2 bike man....