IGNORED

Interesting Rally

friesman

I saw this link on another site I visit, and thought you all would like to have a look at a bike rally from somewhere in Eastern Europe. (I think) There are some cool bikes and characters in here. there are quite a few pics,(100 or so I think) and some look like a mad max film.

Here is where they start http://picasaweb.google.com/Yaroslav.0265AK/2009#5301147076209598482

Brian

Good gawd! What a group of people! Thats gotta be a tough people to attend a rally like that. But you can't call it a biker rally, I didn't see any Harleys. I'd love to attend a rally like that. Kinda reminds me of some of the ralleys we had in the 70's.

Good gawd! What a group of people! Thats gotta be a tough people to attend a rally like that. But you can't call it a biker rally, I didn't see any Harleys. I'd love to attend a rally like that. Kinda reminds me of some of the ralleys we had in the 70's.

They are an interesting bunch that are having fun!

I loved some of the cool upgrades some of these guys did to their machines, like the guy who used part of a bigger tire as a fender for his front wheel and furs and antler on his side car. There are a lot of guys there that look like theyre running car tires front and rear when I looked at some of those pics.

Brian

That Meeting isn't in eastern Europe. That the 53rd annual "Elefantentreffen" in south Germany, Bavaria to exact, 40 km south of Passau this Year.

There are People from all over Europe there. Looks like they hadn't much of Fun this Year, almost no Snow on the Ground. Yes, i think this Folks are somewhat crazy, but those are true Riders and the Party is Fun each Year.

That Meeting isn't in eastern Europe. That the 53rd annual "Elefantentreffen" in south Germany, Bavaria to exact, 40 km south of Passau this Year.

There are People from all over Europe there. Looks like they hadn't much of Fun this Year, almost no Snow on the Ground. Yes, i think this Folks are somewhat crazy, but those are true Riders and the Party is Fun each Year.

Guten Tag,

Ich habe auf ein leben im Gronau Westfallen fur eine jahre (89) aba meine deutch is sehr schlecht. konnen sie mich verstehen

Guten Tag,

Ich habe auf ein leben im Gronau Westfallen fur eine jahre (89) aba meine deutch is sehr schlecht. konnen sie mich verstehen

Selbstverstaendlich kann ich dich verstehen. Dein Deutsch ist besser als mein Englisch. Gronau ist eine nette kleine Stadt. Meine Frau ist in der Nähe von Gronau geboren und aufgewachsen. Viele Mitglieder hier waren zu Ihrer Militaerzeit schon in Deutschland auf einer Tour. Danke dafuer.

Selbstverstaendlich kann ich dich verstehen. Dein Deutsch ist besser als mein Englisch. Gronau ist eine nette kleine Stadt. Meine Frau ist in der Nähe von Gronau geboren und aufgewachsen. Viele Mitglieder hier waren zu Ihrer Militaerzeit schon in Deutschland auf einer Tour. Danke dafuer.

Guten Tag,

Hey Moderators, is this still a PG website?

Guten Tag,

Hey Moderators, is this still a PG website?

Now, that was not nice !!! :crying::crying::crying:

But i'll translate

slick98spirit wrote ...

Even though I lived in Gronau, Westfalen for one Year in 1989, my german is bad. Can you understand me ?

i answered ...

Of Course i can understand you. Your german is better than my english. My Wife was born and raised near Gronau. It's a nice little Town. Lot's of Member's have been in Germany for a Tour during their Time in Service. Thank you for your Service.

R U satisfied ?? :happy34::happy34::happy34:

I think I saw Lowel in one of the pictures. Boy that guy sure gets around.

I just want to know how he drove all the way to Europe on that Kawasaki of his.

I bet he told the wife he would be right back, he was just going down to the store for a pack of smokes. That man puts more miles on than an over the road truck driver. LOL

Great pics and yes they are a hardy bunch to be doing that in the cold of winter.

God love em all!

Bubber

For British bikers there are two Winter Rallies to speak of. (Well there are others, but none so decidely and deliberately intrepid.) These are the Elephant Rally, which very few will get to - not least because of the additional cost and distance of getting across the Channel - and the Dragon Rally, which is in Wales and tends to get enough snow to make it challenging. There is a website about the rally at http://www.dragonrally.org.uk/ which has features and/or for most years back to 1962.

The most amazing thing about this rally is that there is so little laid on and is only for the Saturday night - most people travelling up early on Saturday, playing a few silly games, having a chat and a beer around a fire and then heading back on the Sunday after a few hours sleep.

Everyone agrees that the cameraderie is great, but I must confess to never having been.

I have travelled to a rally in Bavaria (Landshut) and to a rally in the snow (Furry Teeth) but neither would have been as challenging as these.

Work commitments mean I'm not likely to go now and, to be honest, I like to be able to stay for longer than one night if I'm going to make that much effort.