IGNORED

new slip-on exhausts

basically this is the first add on to my RSTD. finally decided on the Barons slash cut's. The bike is still stock, but I guess that's the fun of customizing it. Have to start somewhere I guess. I hope that they aren't too loud!

basically this is the first add on to my RSTD. finally decided on the Barons slash cut's. The bike is still stock, but I guess that's the fun of customizing it. Have to start somewhere I guess. I hope that they aren't too loud!

The Baron's are loud.....and they get louder once ya burn the fiberglass out of them too.

I have them on my 06 Venture.....Folks tell me they can hear me both coming and going for a great distance.

Boomer.......who loves loud pipes.

I just bought a used set from another member (WIKD) and love them. You can remove the baffles and wrap them with fiberglass wrap to quiet them. They do not come wraped from the manufacturer from what i've read. Mine are wrapped and they are perfect. Great rumble and you can hear them for a ways off, but that is the way I like it!!!! I am told that I can wrap them more and they will quiet down, but i'm not into that yet!!!:whistling:

Big Mike....who loves the rumble of a VENTURE:big-grin-emoticon:

heck, who knows maybe it'll grow on me. Got my first motorcycle when I was 8 (hand me down kaw 90 dirt bike) and first thing we did was pull the baffle out. Maybe it'll be like old times!:)

Edited by bj66

I have a 2006 rstd that I purchased new in 2008. I am also going to purchase Baron Slash Bag Slip-ons. I have seen a couple of post on the forum where people have put Vance & Hines slip-ons on their rstd. I can't find Vance & Hines for the the rstd. Do you know what they are purchasing?

I live in Calgary Canada and can't find a local distributor for Baron. I was planning to purchase on-line from Phat Perfromance Parts for $314.95.

I tried the Bub Slip-ons but they were a little too loud.

If anyone is interested, I would sell them as they are just packed up and living in a box.

We have Bub's - I love them, the wife even likes them. I wish I could tell the difference in sound between them the RK's and the Barons. Wife says she can hear me from about 1 mile away if I am really hammering it leaving the house but I think that might be a little exageration(maybe not, I have never heard it from behind) But, if they are to loud, you can re-wrap them.

I like my Bub's:missingtooth:

Guest cyote61
I tried the Bub Slip-ons but they were a little too loud.

If anyone is interested, I would sell them as they are just packed up and living in a box.

I PM'd you.:hurts:

received my slip ons last night. put them on this morning. Yes the Barons are loud, but I put them on about 2 hours ago and I'm still grinning! I'll run them this way for awhile, if I decide later i'll pack them to quiet them down a little. The only thing I didn't like was the clamp. A chrome clamp would look better. Now all I need is for the snow to melt so I can get it out for a drive! woohoo!!!

received my slip ons last night. put them on this morning. Yes the Barons are loud, but I put them on about 2 hours ago and I'm still grinning! I'll run them this way for awhile, if I decide later i'll pack them to quiet them down a little. The only thing I didn't like was the clamp. A chrome clamp would look better. Now all I need is for the snow to melt so I can get it out for a drive! woohoo!!!

I'm glad you like them! Me too!!! When I bought them for my bike, I listened to the exhaust that was on my bike before I put on the Barons.....Fact is after 2 weeks i'm still looking like this...:big-grin-emoticon:

Mine are packed a little, but I am considering taking it out to see how they sound!:whistling::confused24:

Big Mike:15_8_211[1]:

My neighbor came over when I finished putting them on, he rides an ultra classic. He was impressed, he said the only problem was that the handle bars didnt shake enough! I told him that " thats supposed to be a bad thing?". Anyway he loves the sound of them.

it's been a week since I put em on. I probly went out and fired it up 3 or 4 times since. Still grinnin like an idiot!!! I think I made the right choice.:cool10: The only problem now is the 10 inches of snow we got today. :( Guess i'll wait a lot longer to get it out and go for a ride.

• 3 weeks later...
it's been a week since I put em on. I probly went out and fired it up 3 or 4 times since. Still grinnin like an idiot!!! I think I made the right choice.:cool10: The only problem now is the 10 inches of snow we got today. :( Guess i'll wait a lot longer to get it out and go for a ride.

Finally got the bike out yesterday, took a quick spin on it. Sounds good, loud though. I was talkin to a neighbor this morning. He said he could hear me ridin it a mile and a half away. He said it sounded good, really cackles. Also said when we go riding he's gonna be in front of me. I'll probobly wrap them to quiet them down some.