IGNORED

It took almost a year

murph35640

Well I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later and it did. Was leaving for a quick trip to the store and noticed that my trunk was not closed, so being the bright person that I am I stopped in the driveway and instead of getting off the bike to close it, I decided to turn around and just close it without putting the stand down. Needless to say my left foot slipped just a little and by the time I could turn back around she was going down and was too far over for me to stop. The engine guard did its job and nothing was hurt except for pride, just so happens the nextdoor neighbor and his son were outside and saw the whole thing. Hopefully it wont happen again for awhile.

MURPH

Your very lucky

the day after i bought my bike i took my new pride and joy to my dad and he asked to ride her of course i said (he taught me to ride) he went for a short ride and when he got back he went to turn it around and over she went .. he tried to hold it up before i could get there it was on the ground and he pulled the tendon that goes from your shoulder to your elbow off the elbow needed surgery to repair it he's better now but mom says his rideing days are OVER lol i told him he can ride when she's not around.. glad your ok.... Ron

I do believe there is a $5 donation that needs to be made here.

RR

In case you are trying to figure out that cryptic remark, Jason, you can find the answer in this thread: The Official "I Dropped My Bike At Vogel" Thread

Or the sequel: Dropped Bike = $5.00...........AGAIN! (or When I Stop Traffic, I STOP TRAFFIC!)

And welcome to the club!

Edited by 86er

It's a really big club. Once it's starts to go over... that's pretty much all she wrote. While getting to know mine... and me, with no right knee cap, it seemed every 10th time I'd put my right leg down... the muscle would buckle... down we would go. My ability to abandon ship became fairly keen early on with the her! Honestly, one time in a parking lot... she went down with the windshield flush with the pavement... and the backtire three feet off the ground. Ironically, not a scratch on her... or the windshield. She is a tough cookie like her mommy. My hubby should have had a camera on his Hog to catch all of the action... he always laughed, citing that I hit the ground before the RSV... well, naturally, as once you know it's headed south... it's best to go East or West in a hurry. I would reply... "You're going to get a hernia before my leg realizes I'm not giving up!" Not to say, I won't do it anymore... but I've not in a year.

You just can't/shouldn't juggle over 800 lbs. between your legs while you're reaching backwards! Sounds like you should just pay the $5.00. Glad I didn't join until recently... I'd be a broke something, something. When and if the time ever comes... I'll have to bury my RSV... poor thing, she was dropped so many times... I'd be scared to ever sell her, the stories she could tell!