IGNORED

Can't believe I did this

ediddy

I trailered my bike to Tallahassee Powersports this morning for the 40,000 mile service. I unloaded the bike and unhooked the trailer and left the bike and trailer at the dealership. I made some sales calls around town and came back at 3:00 and hooked to the trailer again. I started up the ramp into the trailer and in the blink of an eye the tongue of the trailer went straight up into the air and then came down and busted the back glass and damaged the rear of my lincoln aviator. I thought I was going down with the bike but managed to keep it straight. Ruined my day. I can't believe the trailer wasn't attached all the way. But as the saying goes, stuff happens. Could have been worse I guess.

Now that really could mess up your day. At least you kept you and the bike safe. What kind of latch do you have on the trailer tongue? Is it one of those you have to screw down? I've sworn I would never use on again as I've had two trailers come loose even though I just knew the latch was tight. No damage, but geez.

I trailered my bike to Tallahassee Powersports this morning for the 40,000 mile service. I unloaded the bike and unhooked the trailer and left the bike and trailer at the dealership. I made some sales calls around town and came back at 3:00 and hooked to the trailer again. I started up the ramp into the trailer and in the blink of an eye the tongue of the trailer went straight up into the air and then came down and busted the back glass and damaged the rear of my lincoln aviator. I thought I was going down with the bike but managed to keep it straight. Ruined my day. I can't believe the trailer wasn't attached all the way. But as the saying goes, stuff happens. Could have been worse I guess.

I am sorry that you had the episode with your hitch. Ive always had exactly that fear when i ride my bike into the trailer so Ive always put the jack stands under the back everytime i ride the bike in or out. Sometimes i feel kinda finicky for doing that, but I feel better now, so I gotta thank you for being a stand up guy for posting this,. ..A lot of guys wouldnt....I hope the repairs dont cost too much and I am so glad youre ok.

Brian

Hey you can probably get that all repaired under your insurance Comprehensive, which doesn't effect your premium. Falling objects are covered and The trailer FELL on the Lincoln and you ALMOST fell. Glad you didn't. It's a good lesson for anyone that uses a trailer. My Enclosed has a tongue you have to fold over and if it is not all the way on it will not go down, then I put a locking pin in. It helps me remember.

You do realise that you dont have to actually wreck stuff to prove your from Rector dont cha?? Sorry,,,,,, I just couldnt resist...:innocent-emoticon:

Sorry about your misfortune but very glad you were not hurt.. I have a real close friend of mine that did almost that same thing and fell with the bike on him and he ended up breaking his shoulder!!!

Hope your repairs go well!!

Puc

You do realise that you dont have to actually wreck stuff to prove your from Rector dont cha?? Sorry,,,,,, I just couldnt resist...Puc
...Now that wouldn't be a little dig at rural Arkansas, would it?? Almost sounds like you've been to Rector. Can't believe a fellow 1st genner did that to me!! :95:

Dont feel bad.... I did the same thing the first time I loaded my bike into my enclosed trailer, but I didnt have the hitch hooked up to anything...duh....

Just wasnt thinking at all, and when I rode up the ramp door to the point where half the bike was in and half was out the ramp door went down against the driveway, and the entire enclosed trailer went up in the air and almost flipped over backwards on to me.

I could not back out of the trailer because the part over the top of the ramp door was against the "rear side" of my windshield and the front tire was on about a 40 degree angle UPWARDS, The tonge of the trailer was pointed way the heck up in the air..

Talk about being stuck... I gave her a whole lot of throttle and let out the clutch and rode the bike all the way into the trailer until the front tire hit the front wall..

The trailer tonge slammed down against the drive way and I thought my bike was going through the plywood floor...

I hit the kill switch as soon as the tire hit the wall, and realized the bike, trailer and I were all right..

My wife stood there in shock at first then laughing like hell at one stupid man..

From that day on, I always put jack stands under the back every time I rode the bike in or out.

And as one above stated: Sometimes I felt kinda finicky for doing that, but I knew it was a whole lot safer..:thumbsup2:

Now for the insurance claim, U know that little kid down the street the one

that U hate the parents real bad , Go tell them he threw a rock at your SUV

& because of your superior driving skills the kid missed your bike & broke the window

Get a duplicate repair bill , One for insurance company, One for kids parents.

Parents pay bill , then invite all ventureriders to your house for a party

Just set a date & we will be there.

Gambler:rotfl:

Dont think he will be doing that seeing as how he is an insurance agent................:bang head:

Now for the insurance claim, U know that little kid down the street the one

that U hate the parents real bad , Go tell them he threw a rock at your SUV

& because of your superior driving skills the kid missed your bike & broke the window

Get a duplicate repair bill , One for insurance company, One for kids parents.

Parents pay bill , then invite all ventureriders to your house for a party

Just set a date & we will be there.

Gambler:rotfl: