IGNORED

Saddlebag mounting Screws

trooper

I recently saw a used RSV at the local dealership, the previous owner had replaced the saddlebag mounting screws with screws that had knobs on the end, thus ending the need for the allen wrench everytime you want to remove and clean behind the bags. I haven't found them anywhere.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Trooper

Bought the ones on the ebay site from vroc member hillis and they are great. Even ordered another set for a friend. You can probably make them a little cheaper but these are done and work great and you don't have to go try to find the parts.

Bob The "Fish-n-Musician"

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_2_110.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxmk788QSUS

Guest msegelle

Buy them off ebay Mark something worth the money.

I tried to make them from the sites directions and probably me but they did not turn out very well for me.

Godd Luck.............

Mark:Cartoon_397:

Hey Guys,

I have made a set of these and had them installed for several years now. I would have said something earlier but it looked like there was already had a solution readily available for these knob/bolt replacements. But after I saw that folks were still asking about them, I did a little research and I can make them up (w/stainless bolts) and sell them for $25 including shipping to anywhere in the US.

There may be a few of you folks from the early days that remember Tri-Star Industries that built accessories only for 1st gen Ventures. Well, I was 1/2 of this company along with Dave Henderson where we were both Charter VTS members. Anyway we started this venture in 1990 and closed it down in in 96 after Yamaha dropped the Venture in 94. And one of our products was a set of seat bolt knobs,built with these same style knobs, where you could take your seat off without any tools. In fact some of you may still have these knobs on your bike?

Anyway when I developed the leveling links, I wasn't really interested in getting back in the accessory business and talked Allen Hall into carrying them. In fact I tried to talk him into building and selling these saddlebag bolts, and even sent him a set to try. For whatever reason, Allen didn't feel like adding this item to his product line. But now I'm retired and it looks like I'm moving back into a small business helping folks out with my Butler Mod and Butt Butler seat modifications.

So if there is any interest in this, I'd be willing to start making these for you all. But I also don't want to step on R-Mark's toes either, but this is a capitalistic free-market country right?

Rick

If you guys owned a 1st Gen. 83-85 you wouldn't need them. LOL!

Interestingly I have an XS11 set up for touring with KC removable saddle bags and they have the same type bolt /knob arrangemenet to attach and detach the bags from the frames.

When I bought the bike it was a rusted mess and I actually had to break the knobs off to get a pair of vice grips on the bolt and with a can of WD-40 slowly work the bolts out to remove the bags. After a thorough cleaning I reattached the knobs and they're like new.