IGNORED

I wish it were snowing....

Condor

Suns out, blue bird sky, warm, and I wish it were snowing. Then I'd have a good excuse not to fire up the scoot and go for a ride, but here I sit with my throttle hand wrapped in dressing from surgery last friday. It's not supposed to be this nice, that's why I scheduled the Carpal for January..... ARRGGGH!!! :bang head:

YES what Slick said.....

I had both of mine done several years ago.. The left one gives me a bit of trouble every once in a while but the right one is like brand new.. I can live with a bit of tingle but the falling totally asleep thing was becoming really ugly... :think::think:

A couple weeks and you'll be good as new!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2: You won't regret the short lay off....

Edited by Gold Rush

I am glad youre doing so well that you even want to go for a ride, but i feel your pain that you have all that nice weather and cant go for a ride!!!!

I am glad you got it outta the way now though, it would really suck to hafta sit thru the spring riding season.

Brian

Suns out, blue bird sky, warm, and I wish it were snowing. Then I'd have a good excuse not to fire up the scoot and go for a ride, but here I sit with my throttle hand wrapped in dressing from surgery last friday. It's not supposed to be this nice, that's why I scheduled the Carpal for January..... ARRGGGH!!! :bang head:

Feel sorry for you..just packed a boxfull of snow for you..should be there in a day or two...enjoy:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I hear ya Condor. It got into the high 40's today after a week of below zero weather, snow, sleet and nasty cold wind chill. So I dropped the battery back in the bike and fired it up. Haven't got the pipes on her yet but she was sounding good.

Then I started to chip away the 2 inch layer of ice from my garage to the street. Yeah boy that was a project. Made it within about 6 feet of the street and figured I'd take my chances. Ya know what? Avons suck on ice! The bike changes directions really really fast! So I got the main street and all the cars that are going by are white. A nice salty white with crusty trim. And spraying what tasted like ocean brine up behind them.

Well I got the bike turned around and it gave me a reason to finish the ice removal project I started eailer. Got her rinsed off and wiped down and back under the cover.

Maybe I should schedule my CT surgery soon. Keep me from making a fool out of myself. A ride would have been nice. :bawling:

I hear ya Condor. It got into the high 40's today after a week of below zero weather, snow, sleet and nasty cold wind chill. So I dropped the battery back in the bike and fired it up. Haven't got the pipes on her yet but she was sounding good.

Then I started to chip away the 2 inch layer of ice from my garage to the street. Yeah boy that was a project. Made it within about 6 feet of the street and figured I'd take my chances. Ya know what? Avons suck on ice! The bike changes directions really really fast! So I got the main street and all the cars that are going by are white. A nice salty white with crusty trim. And spraying what tasted like ocean brine up behind them.

Well I got the bike turned around and it gave me a reason to finish the ice removal project I started eailer. Got her rinsed off and wiped down and back under the cover.

Maybe I should schedule my CT surgery soon. Keep me from making a fool out of myself. A ride would have been nice. :bawling:

Hey. can't blame you for trying. The state salts the road so much in front of my house the road is pure white some days. They say NY is in trouble fiscally but you couldn't prove it by me on the amount of salt they use. Condor if you need snow come on over we have plenty. Carpal-tunnel syndrome is a bummer you'll be glad you fixed it when you heal.:D

Maby I should fly down to LA. and go for a ride on the 03 Springer. Been thinking about that.

2 weeks in So. Cal. rent a car, visit a few relatives, and a couple old friends, maby a drive up the coast to Santa Maria, stop at my favorite Sea Food Resturant in Malibu.

Might do that next month. Airplane tickets are cheaper now then gas for the motorcycle. ( sorry to say ) Thats a kick, ain't it. :think:

Hang in there. It'll be better before you know it.

I had my first C.T. surgery done one year and one week ago and I road 13,000 miles this past year and I was pain-free the whole time. Today both wrists have completely healed and I have had zero problems. You'll have a little soreness when it comes to putting direct pressure on exact spot where they made the incision for a number of months (like when you push yourself up from an armchair, or when you are sitting on the floor polishing your bike, and you go to push yourself up off the floor with one of your hands), but it wasn't ever a problem riding. I had my first wrist done in Jan and the other done about six weeks later in Feb. And, I was back on my bike riding by the first of April. In the meantime ... let's hope for an early spring.

Pete.

Hang in there. It'll be better before you know it.

I had my first C.T. surgery done one year and one week ago and I road 13,000 miles this past year and I was pain-free the whole time. Today both wrists have completely healed and I have had zero problems. You'll have a little soreness when it comes to putting direct pressure on exact spot where they made the incision for a number of months (like when you push yourself up from an armchair, or when you are sitting on the floor polishing your bike, and you go to push yourself up off the floor with one of your hands), but it wasn't ever a problem riding. I had my first wrist done in Jan and the other done about six weeks later in Feb. And, I was back on my bike riding by the first of April. In the meantime ... let's hope for an early spring.

Pete.

It's only been 3 days and I'm back to typing with two hands. Soreness is mostly gone except when applying a lot of torque to the wrist. I've always been a fairly fast healer. So maybe I'll be able to ride sooner than expected....and the rain and cold weather will return.... :whistling:

Jack, find your favorite recliner, have a bottle of your Namesake beside you, take one of those little white pills the doc gave you, take a sip from the bottle, lean back and enjoy the ride!!

Dan

Those little white pills were making me loopy.... Took me two days before I was able to work the dang arm on the side of the recliner. Had to put a vac extension over it to reach it with my left hand....:rotf: