IGNORED

Gran Torino movie

Venturous Randy

Just saw the movie this evening and thought it was a classic Eastwood movie. I thought it was a pretty good.

RandyA

Had me in stiches and think it was a great film. The rumor that says this will be his last movie makes me sad, but at 78 years old and all the money in the world, you might as well enjoy it while you can. As is, I get the impression that he is aging faster than the normal person as it shows, "sorry Clint". Very good story, but the ending was a toss up; but some good did come out of it, go see it everybody, I don't think you'll be sorry if you do. :thumbsup2:

I plan on seeing it probably on DVD... I can't make it through a movie house movie without falling asleep... I think it's cuz I smoke..

BTW I think the best movie Clint directed was Mystic River .. One of my all time favorite movies... If there's anyone that hasn't seen it yet it is a must rent...

Haven't seen the movie yet, but love the car.

Gran Torino

i had a 76 Torino limited ed. it was a nice looking car but the Gran Torino front Grill sucked i got mine new off the show room floor and had it for 3 months liked the looks of it but what a peace of JUNK !!!

I would buy another one today though and drop a GM Motor and Tran's in it make it run right!

Dray

Gran Torino

i had a 76 Torino limited ed. it was a nice looking car but the Gran Torino front Grill sucked i got mine new off the show room floor and had it for 3 months liked the looks of it but what a peace of JUNK !!!

I would buy another one today though and drop a GM Motor and Tran's in it make it run right!

Dray

I bet it had an 8-track instead of cassette :rotf::rotf:

I thought it was a good movie over all but some of the acting was a bit cheesy and the ending just flat out sucked and i was pretty dissapointed. I am a huge Clint Eastwood fan though and was glad to see him in action again. He still is in good shape and doesn't look his age at all. I would like to see him do another Western.

Gran Torino

Dray

Limited Edition? Was that the Starsky & Hutch Limited Edition???

http://www.automallrichmond.com/p129492_large+1976_Ford_Gran_Torino_Limited+Front_End_View.jpg

Not sure what engine you had but I owned the similar 1976 Lincoln Mark IV with 460/4BBL and 4 wheel disk brakes than ran super for a Luxury Liner... I could set the Cruise Control at 100+ MPH and just glide down the road...

If you had a small block in 1976 they were detuned so bad with smog stuff they couldn't get out of their own way... It was a smog thing not a Ford thing

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.com/images/oldschool4001.jpg

Limited Edition? Was that the Starsky & Hutch Limited Edition???

http://www.automallrichmond.com/p129492_large+1976_Ford_Gran_Torino_Limited+Front_End_View.jpg

Not sure what engine you had but I owned the similar 1976 Lincoln Mark IV with 460/4BBL and 4 wheel disk brakes than ran super for a Luxury Liner... I could set the Cruise Control at 100+ MPH and just glide down the road...

If you had a small block in 1976 they were detuned so bad with smog stuff they couldn't get out of their own way... It was a smog thing not a Ford thing

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.com/images/oldschool4001.jpg

it had the 351-M and i could beat it all day long with a 250 straight six chevy

the one in your pic aint a limited and mine was silver with a landu top or the half vinyl the easy way to tell the limited was it had a extra peace of glass in the back quarter

it had the 351-M and i could beat it all day long with a 250 straight six chevy

the one in your pic aint a limited and mine was silver with a landu top or the half vinyl the easy way to tell the limited was it had a extra peace of glass in the back quarter

I beg to differ... While there was no actual "Limited Edition" labeled Model... The 1976 Ford Gran Torino Starsky and Hutch was a Limited Edition because of how many were made... "Ford built 1,000 replicas of the "Starsky and Hutch" car in the spring of 1976. Production of the replicas began in March of 1976, and all were produced in Ford's Chicago manufacturing plant. This limited production package was essentially a special paint option, but required the deluxe bumper group and dual color-keyed sport mirrors as mandatory options"

As far as yours... "opera windows and landau roofs were now available options for all 2-door models"

You probably had a 1976 Ford Gran Torino Brougham of which 3,183 were made... Other than the Starky and Hutch model this had the lowest production numbers...

Guest BluesLover

went to see it tonight with the better half and our 25 year old son. All three of us loved it, and even though the ending was not what you would normally expect, it did make a lot of sense.

Clint is getting old though ... look at his throat, his arms and you can see the loose skin and all. But he's still pretty damned fit (physically and mentally) for almost 80!

Cheers,