IGNORED

which one to keep?

Hello all, First off I just wanted to say that I hope everyone had a great christmas and a wonderful new year.

I have not posted here in a while as I have been dealing with some health issues,which I think for the moment have passed.

On another note I got rid of my last remaining motox bike, traded it off for a 87 venture royale with all the goodies. Now I have to decide which one to keep,I also have a white 88. As some of you may recall last winter I made a bad judgment call and took the 88 out for a joy ride in the beginning of february, nothing wrong with that unless you live in wisconsin and it's 10 below.

I got the 88 back to running cond. however it still needs some work. top trunk lid, a good right side fairing, head light bezel, other minor plastic repair and paint.

The new to me 87 needs a air ride controller and holder, and a few other very minor details. the po gave me reciepts with the bike totaling 1500.00 that he just stuuck into it this last spring. Which include all new carb slides and diaphragms, carb sync, valve adjustment, valve cover gaskets and seals, clutch, Tci and other misc. however this bike has 80000 miles on it wher as the 88 has just under 30000. also I really like the look of the 88.

well that is about it for now just wanted to say hey and that I missed you all Kurt

Hello all, First off I just wanted to say that I hope everyone had a great christmas and a wonderful new year.

I have not posted here in a while as I have been dealing with some health issues,which I think for the moment have passed.

On another note I got rid of my last remaining motox bike, traded it off for a 87 venture royale with all the goodies. Now I have to decide which one to keep,I also have a white 88. As some of you may recall last winter I made a bad judgment call and took the 88 out for a joy ride in the beginning of february, nothing wrong with that unless you live in wisconsin and it's 10 below.

I got the 88 back to running cond. however it still needs some work. top trunk lid, a good right side fairing, head light bezel, other minor plastic repair and paint.

The new to me 87 needs a air ride controller and holder, and a few other very minor details. the po gave me reciepts with the bike totaling 1500.00 that he just stuuck into it this last spring. Which include all new carb slides and diaphragms, carb sync, valve adjustment, valve cover gaskets and seals, clutch, Tci and other misc. however this bike has 80000 miles on it wher as the 88 has just under 30000. also I really like the look of the 88.

well that is about it for now just wanted to say hey and that I missed you all Kurt

Personally, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to sale either one of them.

Yo gotta have a backup bike.......or just a change of pace ride.....there are a few on here who have 4,5, & 6 Ventures..........and thats the truth..........I have 2 bikes, wish both were ventures........especially one like your white one.......I love that color scheme. Keep them both, and you wont regret it.:thumbsup:

Agreed. 2 Ventures isn't too many.

Are you kidding me.......I could only dream of having a Venture that looked as good as yours do.....I just bought an 86 Venture (not royal...no accessories....none of the fun stuff).

Others are right - you can't have too many especially if they look like yours.

I agree keep them bolth if you can, I noticed bolth have some chrome on the saide edges of the fairing. someone here was asking abouth this not long ago. I think Dan. is it somthing you installed or made?:thumbsup2:

Ok you guys twisted my arm I think I will keep them both:mo money:

Mike, as far as the edge protectors on the fairings go they were already on the bikes wen I got them. I have been toying with the idea of making some however.

Those are both real beauties Kurt! Glad you've decided to keep them. Does anybody have any idea where those passenger armrests on the Brown bike came from? I'd sure like to get a set to make my wife more secure. She saw some on a Gold wing and thought they were awesome.

Happy New Year to all,

Joe in Chandler, AZ

Ok you guys twisted my arm I think I will keep them both:mo money:

Mike, as far as the edge protectors on the fairings go they were already on the bikes wen I got them. I have been toying with the idea of making some however.

If you could figure a way to mass produce a few hundred sets of these I bet they would sell like hot cakes. I for one would be first in line.

Those engines run to 150K plus, don't worry about miles.

Sounds like previous Owner has covered all the bases, on Normal Repairs !!!

As to the Air Pump, If you put Progressive springs in the front, you don't need air pressure up front. And with the Progressive Springs, you get a much better Ride !!!!! Everybody agrees on that . ( also add a SuperBrace )

Then just pull out the bad Air Pump unit, and Install a line to Fill the Rear Shock with a hand pump ( ie. just like the 2nd Gens are set up ) Easy to do, not sure but I think the parts from a 2nd gen will do the job.

You save the weight of all the Air pumping system parts. Also you can now remove the Control Panel for the Air system, and free up some Space on the Panel to use for something else. Meters, Switches, etc etc.

I have not done this yet on my 89, but I looking into it, as I allready have the front forks working just fine with no air pressure.

Yes Sir!! Keep them both:thumbsup2: