IGNORED

First project completed for 2009

petekadish

A little while ago, just after completing the install of a power-amp in the trunk, I got to wondering what it would look like to line the inside of the trunk and make it look like the inside of the trunk of a car. So, I asked a friend of mine who used to build custom speakers boxes if he had any old speaker-cloth sitting around. He did and he provided me with a few yards for this project. The attached pictures are the result. What do you think?

Pete.

Just so I'm not overcome with undeserved praise, I didn't do the actual work myself. I had a guy who I have had do previous work on my accent lighting do it for me. But thanks, he did do an awesome job. It took him a few hours, a razor knife, a lot of patience and a big ol' can of spray adhesive. I just supplied the idea. I have lots of those, just not too many skills.

Pete.

Just so I'm not overcome with undeserved praise, I didn't do the actual work myself. I had a guy who I have had do previous work on my accent lighting do it for me. But thanks, he did do an awesome job. It took him a few hours, a razor knife, a lot of patience and a big ol' can of spray adhesive. I just supplied the idea. I have lots of those, just not too many skills.

Pete.

Might I suggest the top also. That would prevent helmet scratechs from the mounting bolts that are there.

Question. Is it stuck down permanently so there's no access to the bolts in case they loosen and need to be tightened or you need to take the trunk off to get to the CB? You know, that kind of thing.

I assume you stuck the covering to the foam pad for the bottom so there's acces to the bolts.

The install looks very nice and neat and does not take away a lot of space in the truck. I wish I can hear how the final product sounds. With the extra load on the electrical system, do you notice any dimming of lights at night? Just curious.

Looks great. I was planning to do that with mine too. I did that on my '87 and I made a "false bottom" that was easy to lift out. I also made a small divider that goes from the front to the back, held in place with velcro, leaving about a 4 or 5 inch wide "pocket" for those smaller things, keeping them separated from anything else.

Sorry, no pics.