IGNORED

I have a question for the Men!

Yama Mama

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ken8143
I love motorcyling a lot. That being understood, what is the big deal about the " burn out" where you blow up your rear tire. I do not understand that at all. For practical reasons, you have to buy a new tire, you have to go through the fun of putting the new tire on.

I just do not get it, please explain.

Thank you,

Yama Mama

Well, it is like this. If you have to ask why, you wouldn't get it!

Guest BigJohnD

Got to tell ya...I am not a fan of it. You wanna do it...fine by me...but I don't feel like a lesser man cause I don't. Yer just spending cash without any benefit...

I still do not understand that because you are a man, that need to tear up a decent tire, possibly damage your motorcycle just because you are a Man.

I see that people get caught up in the excitement at rallies. But I would think that is it more of a Harley mentality. I did not think Ventures would be interested in this sort of thing that much.

It is not a big deal to me. I can accept that I will never understand it.

Just wanted some feedback to try to understand the reasoning.

I know I would not enjoy smelling the burning rubber for sure. And I would probably watch it, if I ever get to go to Sturgis sometime, however I would be standing way back away from it.

Yama Mama

It go’s with racing, Who’s the fastest. It’s the thrill of it all. Remember Running to see who would be the first to get to the window seat in the car. We all love to race. I once at the age of 17 in high school did a burnouts with my tennis shoes. I won the race and love winning. It just give me a good feeling. The holeshots/burnouts give the same feeling as racing begins. When running a race I can feel the engine with-in me. When racing a car or motorcycle I still fell the raw power from the engine, the sound the power, the smells, the horsepower and the testosterone of winning. The burnouts is only the beginning of the thrill of racing.:2cents::sun:

Well, it is like this. If you have to ask why, you wouldn't get it!

:sign yeah that:

Any "Gear Head" knows why, some of us are wired with oil and antifreeze in our veins. There is something about having lots of horsepower and the out of body experience that we get with a machine ie; not necessicarily a motorcycle, with lots of power. To me one of the biggest highs is being at a drag strip and a 1000+ horsepower machine rockets down the strip. The feeling of harnessing that power at your fingertips is something that can't be explained.

I suppose I could ask some of the women why they love to go shopping. I personally dont get a thrill of walking around all day looking at things that I'm not going to buy. It's the same question that people that dont ride a bike ask...it's not something that can be explained, it has to be experienced :2cents:

It takes your food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.

One human hair can support 3 kg (6 lb).

The average man's penis is three times the length of his thumb.

Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.

A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.

There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.

Women blink twice as often as men.

The average person's skin weighs twice as much as the brain.

Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still.

If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.

Women reading this will be finished now.

Men who read this are probably still busy checking their thumbs.:stickinouttounge:

It takes your food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.

One human hair can support 3 kg (6 lb).

The average man's penis is three times the length of his thumb.

Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.

A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.

There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.

Women blink twice as often as men.

The average person's skin weighs twice as much as the brain.

Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still.

If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.

Women reading this will be finished now.

Men who read this are probably still busy checking their thumbs.:stickinouttounge:

So, that's whats wrong with me.... Short thumbs!!!!

Diane B. I loved the "thumb thing"; that was great!

I am not really referring to racing guys. I can understand the power, and the need to show that your motor is the best. No Problem with that concept here. I do think they seems to be some famous women racers.

My point that I was trying to make was that, I do not get the pulling your bike up into a stand, sitting on it, putting it through the gears, while the burnt rubber fumes are permeating the air, and people yelling an screaming that you are ruining your tire for their enjoyment. I think the people screaming and yelling probably sell Dunlops.

But it does not matter what I think, it was just a question, and I believe on this forum we are allowed to express our opinions.

Did not mean to get into the men vs women thing. Men and women think differently and that will always be the case. I try to be too sensible sometimes.

Happy New Year.

Yama Mama

Are you talking about just doing a burnout or doing a burnout so long that it actually "explodes" your tire and you have to go buy a new tire? I have done many burnouts near your home at Edgewater since i am a drag racer but they serve a purpose and they are quite fun also. I will occasionally kick down my M109 Suzuki and smoke the back tire because i enjoy feeling the power that the bike produces, but i wouldn't even think of just melting the back tire off of it, that is just stupid.

I don't think i would even attempt a burnout on the Venture though. Can a Venture even do a burnout lol?

I don't think i would even attempt a burnout on the Venture though. Can a Venture even do a burnout lol?

Yes it can

:whistling:

Peg,

I dont think this is a man VS woman post, there are some things that others just wont understand. Just human nature, but it is interesting in reading the responces :happy34:

Are you talking about just doing a burnout or doing a burnout so long that it actually "explodes" your tire and you have to go buy a new tire? I have done many burnouts near your home at Edgewater since i am a drag racer but they serve a purpose and they are quite fun also. I will occasionally kick down my M109 Suzuki and smoke the back tire because i enjoy feeling the power that the bike produces, but i wouldn't even think of just melting the back tire off of it, that is just stupid.

Yes Who-Dey, I am talking about burning it until it explodes. Exactly. I guess I have not made my self clear.

Sorry,

Yama Mama

I was at a big Streetfighter Meeting three Years ago. (Streetfighter stands for a Type of Motorcycle, mostly stripped down and heavily modified Crotch Rockets and a Sort of Lifestyle which doesn't contain any Fighting other than fighting heavy Doses of adult Drinks).

Doing Burnouts and Donuts is an Art and those Folks managed to ruin 17,000 Tires from Friday afternoon til Sunday Evening. I can't explain it, but it's FUN !! !!

There were 3 Guys running the Tire Changers and they brought all the used Tires with them. Charged 10 Euros per Mount and Tire. It's an unbelievable Show, 3 Bikes inside the Burnout Cage, two Fire Breathers flaming their Rubber Spitting rear Tires. There are special Built Vehicles from big Streetfighter Clubs which have a Fuel Injection Port in the Exhaust an throw Flames 10 to 15 Meter wide. It's just crazy and Fun.

On an other Event, they have a Burnout Cage which is 3 Floors high. There are allways 8 or 10 Bikes in the Cage throwing Rubber all over the Place, the whole Weekend. Just FUN at it's best.

But i don't think anybody could explain this to a rational thinking, non understanding Person.