IGNORED

Let me know what you think

Marcarl

Now here is an opportunity for you all to have some real input. Wayne (Wizard765) has designed a new web site for us. This site only focuses on one little portion of our business, in this case being pet food. I would like your comments on the design, setup, information given or anything else that might come to your mind. Don't go easy, let fly now. It's only in the design stages and there's room fo changes but we need to know where or what they should be.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/higson/

The site as a whole looks fine to me. The one thing I do notice is the font used in a couple of places is a little difficult to read. The part about the development is what I am referring to on the about us page. The letters kind run together. Just the way I see it. KURT

Yum , Yum Chow Chum . Sounds delicious and cheaper than human food . I might order some for myself , as it states I can take less baths ! ( These benefits for your pet bring with them the advantages of fewer smelly messes to clean up, less or no need for weekly shampoos,)

When can I order some ? :crackup:

Honestly the site looks great . I had no problem learning about or understanding the the product . How are you going to set up the ordering page ? Our company uses E-Commerce for our online shopping cart .

BEER30

Hey Carl,

Congrats on your new site! Since you asked us to be Honest here, I have a few comments.

1st, The font needs to be changed/larger, and if you could break up the endless string of text with a few smaller "action" pics of "happy" dogs eating your product or being groomed. In other words, show some happy owners interacting with their happy dogs so the reader gets the idea that this food promotes happiness with their animals.

2nd compress the description of your product so it doesn't seem like you are rambling on about the product. You don't want your reader to become "bored" with the consumption of the information.

3rd, figure out a way to move the larger pics of the animals into the view that is first seen by anyone that comes to your website. If there isn't a "Hook" to get a person to scroll down to the rest of the information on the web page, they won't!

4th, Reduce the size of the Table of contents on the right side of the page, and use the extra space to "promote" your product more effectively as stated above, If you "hook" the reader with the information and pics about your product, then they will take the time to find the order page.

Another "trick" you may want to use is the addition of "key words" at the bottom of your home page, so anyone doing a search will hit your site.

I have found that there are so many web sites on the INTERNET that I often use a trick from nature itself. As do many animals and plants do to get attention, make your website colorful and exotic and you will draw more "suiters"

Please take these comments in the spirit they were intended, only to be helpful.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays,:080402gudl_prv:

Earl

I love the comments so far, especially Earl's. That's what we're looking for,,,blast away,, have fun cutting up the local 'butcher'. I do so much of it it's time to read all about it. Actually it's mostly Wayne and his daughter's ideas so it really doesn't hurt me personally a whole lot:whistling:,,,I'll just have to pay more for all the great comments.

We'll make some modifications in the next few days and then come back for the semi-final approval. If this works out as planned I'll even make a donation to the VentureRiders site, which brings up that subject again so that we're all reminded that it does need doing from time to time.

Thanks again guys, and if there are any girls than can give input, that would be great as well.

Carl

Just 3 things for me

1, maybe im the only one with a old skinny monitor but Id move the Logo to the left as all i see of it is CHU and have to scroll right to read it.

2, Chum makes me think of Chumming when fishing kind of a turn off to me.

http://ic.ucsb.edu/~praxis/icnic04/part1/013%20-%20Cooking%20(The%20horrible%20chum%20bucket%20for%20the%20Fear%20Factor%20game).JPG

3, where how can i buy some , only at the adress of your shop?

I like it, the only problem I found was one of the descriptions of the product:

Government Inspected Meat Products

Scares the crap out of me!!!!

Dan

I can agree with you there, Dan. I have a very long story on that issue, and we're still in the middle of it being developed, fact is development took a direct turn SOUTH and things are set to change around here, big time. It good to know at times like this that the future is not in our own hands, but is guided by our Creator who knows all and sees all. Some day when the story is complete I'll share it but not for right now, I want to be unbiased when I report the happenings.

I would agree with Earl's comments. I've managed several design and build several sites and "microsites" for large Fortune 100 companies. In general, too much text, not enough color and graphics. People will go to specific pages that contain more text if they know and want to read longer descriptions. Just trying to help.

Mitch