IGNORED

I want this from Santa !

BEER30

http://www.gearpatrol.com/blog/2008/02/03/gibbs-technologies-quadski/

"Only" retails for about: $16k

"

What this means to you: With the ability to convert from land-mode to water-mode in about 5 seconds, you’ll never miss a change to make waves, on whatever terrain you choose. Maybe that’s why we hear they just landed a military contract.

Price: $16,000 (estimated)"

would not whant to hit any big rocks or tree stumps and crack the bottom then try the water bit:stirthepot:

Boaters insurance ! My Ins co. covers just about every obstacle you could hit and only cost $275.00 a year on a $44,000.00 bath tub . After a hurricane some years ago , the storm moved the boo-ees (sp?) I hit the getty and broke the skeg off the lower unit and prop . Insurance replaced the lower unit housing , new stainless steel prop (had aluminum) and waived my $100.00 deductible as I save $$ myself getting back to port . They even paid for overnite service getting the parts back to the repair shop , as we needed the boat for a company function the following weekend . Sometimes Insurance co. amaze me , but it's not that often !

BEER30

With so many moving parts on that vehicle, keeping up with the maintenance can be very involved and expensive IMO. It still amazes me. Time will tell, when car manufacturers will be able to apply that technology in cars. I don't mind commuting across the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. :301: