IGNORED

What bike are these guys riding?

dharnie

Looked like a Honda winged thing on the tank. At first I thought Polaris, but was that the english word Police on the front?

I have been through the part of the course where you go a set speed and then zig left or right with a point or light a couple times before in a car during a driving school.

Was most impressed with the low speed stuff standing up. Does standing up give them better balance? or just a better view.

Jimbob - you are correct sir! Guess it, or civilian version, is not sold in USA - don't see it Honda site. A bunch of Japanese sites pop up when googled. Can't recall my 750 CB ever handling that good - was top heavy - even though it run flat out very fast and smooth!

The VFR and FJR are very popular internationally recognized police bikes every where out side of the US. If you rode one you would know why. Rod

Just like my BMW RT. :thumbsup2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuaqeTL0kuc]I think this is the link to the Police competition on one.[/ame]

Cerviperus - this your 1st bmw? I got my 1st in 76 a used blue 74 with 1,800 mi on it for $2,200. Took a 2,000 mi round trip with the little lady on the back. Had a full white Vetter fairing & bmw bags & rack.

Just this week bought my 2nd bmw 1150rt police. Looking forward when it arrives in 2 weeks! :cool10:

Any decent bmw forums out there? Found a few but none are as geat as this one!

Cerviperus - this your 1st bmw? I got my 1st in 76 a used blue 74 with 1,800 mi on it for $2,200. Took a 2,000 mi round trip with the little lady on the back. Had a full white Vetter fairing & bmw bags & rack.

Just this week bought my 2nd bmw 1150rt police. Looking forward when it arrives in 2 weeks! :cool10:

Any decent bmw forums out there? Found a few but none are as geat as this one!

Not mine - just using link: http://jeffdean2.home.att.net/myrtp.htm

Yep, this one is my first. As far as forums, there are two that I frequent, but more to see what's going on than to actually socialize. For that I come here. That's not to say BMW riders aren't a social bunch, I can't hardly get away from any I meet, they just don't seem to do it on the forums.

BMW Sport Touring

BMW Luxury Touring

My name is Cerviperus on both of those as well, though I don't post too often.

Man, I was way off base. Kinda thought they were White Honda Police Bikes....:confused24: I've watched Ride Like A Pro several times and still can't get my 1st gen to do that. I also can't get it to sit up and beg but is loves to roll over and play dead, (fall over). :rotf: :rotf:

Does standing up give them better balance? or just a better view.

Yep, it lowers the center of gravity, thus making the bike less top heavy, the lower the center of gravity the less the bike will want to lay down. It also gives the rider better agility, able to shift quicker and easier from one side to the other. Easier to do with you legs than with your butt.

Not bad for a heavy "touring type" bike - from what I've read over the years, Harleys handle pretty well for their size. I think the competitors on these flicks are the above average rider.

The best bikes I've had in the past that loved to be leaned over in the turns & twisties were my 650 twin Yamaha, 650 twin BSA, boxer BMW, 750 twin Norton, 750 triple Yamaha. Bikes that I have owned that fight me to lean were my 883 Sportster, 750 Honda CB, 500 CB, and my present RSV. In between were my so so Kawaski 800 Vulcan & Vulcan 1600, & VT1100 Honda.

Man, I was way off base. Kinda thought they were White Honda Police Bikes....:confused24: I've watched Ride Like A Pro several times and still can't get my 1st gen to do that. I also can't get it to sit up and beg but is loves to roll over and play dead, (fall over). :rotf: :rotf:
Lose the linked brakes. Linking kinda ruins the effect widens the turn.