IGNORED

Seat mod update

Leadwolf56

A couple of weeks ago I sent my seats off to Rick Butlerto do his "Butt Butler" modification to them. Mariner Fan had asked me to let him know how I like them now.

We were on the St. Judes ride this weekend. Rode a total of about 1310 miles.

170 on Thursday, 491 on Friday, 220 on Saturday and 430 on Sunday. I can tell you there was a big difference from when we rode Labor Day weekend and put on 900 miles. Neither of us had any pain from tailbone pressure whatsoever. In fact, before we would be ready to stop and rest our butts well before we needed fuel. Now, we rode from fuel stop to fuel stop with no problem and weren't sore after the long days. I would highly recommend this seat mod to anyone looking for more comfort for longer trips. It's well worth the money.

My 06 Black Cherry has Midnight seats not pillowtops and we were quite comfortable for all day long. Rick is a pleasure to deal with, turns the seats around very quickly and his price is very reasonable. He has an ad in the classifieds if you're interested. Until having this done we were considering buying a set of pillowtop seats but we both feel we don't need to look into that any longer. Besides, the studs on these seats look cool with the other chrome this bike has on it.

Kevin,

Thanks for the nice words and I'm glad you like what I did. Like I have said many times, I'm mostly doing this to help folks out to make these seats better for the long haul. I've lost count on how many times I've had to go into a new seat of my own to make it last at least 2 hours for a pull. And I'm really pleased as to how using memory foam on top of the foundation foam really makes for a nice feeling and riding seat. But the real secret, is first shaping the foundation foam to better fit the butt. Then the memory foam on top just makes for a nice comfortable finishing touch.

I've been fairly busy recently, but I suspect as soon as the snow starts flying I'll get busier :smile5: But that's ok.

Rick

Rick did mine a few weeks ago. We rode 800 miles this past weekend to the TX Stampede. Mine was great! Great improvement over the stock saddle.

LilBit had problems with hers though. She's a litle bitty thing and apparantly the new position of the padding pushes her forward a little and causes some back discomfort.

I'm not complaining. Rick did an excellent job. He went above and beyond what I asked him to do without additional charge. We just need to fine tune the fit of the passenger saddle a little.

Ponch

Well 1310 miles was certainly a good test! I'm convinced that the mod is money well spent. The only thing I was wondering about was the passenger seat since it is flat. I'll be sending mine in soon for the modification.

Thanks Kevin!

Hey Bob,

No problem. Sue noticed quite a difference in her seat too even though it is flat. Much more comfy for the long rides. Went by the other day but we were running late and couldn't stop to see you guys. Maybe we can get together one of these days soon.

• 4 months later...

Well, I took the bike out for the first time this year. The weather was good so I was able to get a couple of hundred miles in. :Venture:

The seat felt different for sure. Funny thing was that I didn't even think about squirming around trying to find a comfortable spot.

Well done Rick! :thumbsup2:

EMAILED RICK THE OTHER DAY, I KNOW I'M CONVINCED..HE'LL BE GETTING MY SEATS SHORTLY....:thumbsup:

I did send my seat to Rick..Took it out yesterday for its first trial run..Great job Rick..you can certainly tell the difference.. I recomend this mod to anyone...Rick is a great guy to deal with and the turn around is very fast.. thanks again Rick...:clap2:

All

I have read somewhere on Ricks posts that people have been asking what the charges are for shipping from Canada to Rick's address in Texas. I inquired at UPS and they said that it was shipping charges plus brokerage fee's of 10 to 20 % of the value of the shipped material (in Canadian that would be $80 to $160 "each way"brokerage fee's ( sorry but couldn't get a straight answer after talking to 9 different people at UPS). To ship using Canada post it was $60 to you but would take about 2 weeks to get there.

I am fortunate that I live in a border town and was able to go over the bridge and ship with UPS from the states for $94 dollars return. (if returned to a US address)

I would watch out for these brikerage fee's, I have been caught on this before. An alternative is to have Rick (if he will) use US post to return it to you. The post office fee's are included in the shipping costs. UPS and any other couriers do not include these in there pricing until you recieve them or pick them up.

Hope this helps

Rick

I need to chime in here also. Rick did my seat a month or so ago and i got the bike out today for it's first good ride, about 200 miles and i have to say that it is much better than when the seat was stock. I had no complaints before on the comfort and did it mainly to get my feet flatter on the ground which it did, but the seat is also more comfortable then ever. Rick is also one of the nicest people i have ever dealt with in my entire life and his prices are just great. If this world was full of Rick Butler's it would be a much better place.

Thank you Rick, i sincerely appreciate what you did for me and your helping out of the other members of this forum.