IGNORED

Drink Holders

Ken Parker

I use an idea I stole from Squidley. I bought a couple of Scwinn bicycle drink holders (about $5.00 ea.) and mounted them to Kuryakyn clamps. The saddlebag lid clears the bottom easily and the bottom of the front holder clears the tank.

Ponch

I use an idea I stole from Squidley. I bought a couple of Scwinn bicycle drink holders (about $5.00 ea.) and mounted them to Kuryakyn clamps. The saddlebag lid clears the bottom easily and the bottom of the front holder clears the tank.

Ponch

which clamps did you get? (style/size) I have one for me but would love to get one on the rear.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the total cost for the bicycle water bottle holder and the Kuryaken P-Clamp was $25 for each passenger, plus shipping for the P-Clamps. Total of $50 plus shipping.

Didn't do it for the money. I just liked it better than other drink holders I have tried before. I had the swivel type and had a cup of coffee blow sideways and drench me while going down the highway. I saw Squidley's brackets on his 99 and thought this would work for me. He did not use the Kurakyn mounts. I believe he mounted them to the mastercylinder mount on the front. I don't recall if he had one on the rear.

Ponch

P.S. Bought the clamps at a local M/C shop. No shipping.

Here's some shots of Squidley's 99 drink holder.

Edited by Ponch
Typo, added P.S.

Didn't do it for the money. I just liked it better than other drink holders I have tried before.

I just waned to make sure I had the price right before I went down that path.

I do believe that if it works for you, you did NOT spend to much money.

A VStar 250 will get me down the road, but I bought a RSV, for the comfort factor!!!!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but the total cost for the bicycle water bottle holder and the Kuryaken P-Clamp was $25 for each passenger, plus shipping for the P-Clamps. Total of $50 plus shipping.

I got the bicycle holder for about $6.00 and just mounted it to the master cylinder for me. so that would mean it will be about $31.00 for the passenger if I decide to go that direction.

I currently have the Kruzer Kaddy holder on the rear and it swivels too much in the wind. The passenger has to hold it from topping over. already lost a coffee mug on the interstate

• 2 years later...

We have the leather/chrome Kruzzy Kaddy cup holders and love em. Mine mounts on the left handlebar. Joyce has her's mounted on the right side and securely attached to the arm rests I make. I have both of them locked down with a washer so they won't swivel and on the rear one I also added a stainless steel strip "L" shaped to provide additional support for the holder. Lost one once due to flexing and cracking around the attachment point. We have had the slim empty water bottles lift out and blow away but nothing else has gotten away.

Larry

I have owned and tried more than a half dozen cup holders INCLUDING the Kruzer Kaddy, Ram Mount Cup Holder, Barefoot Willies, and even a custom made leather cup holder. NONE of them ended up being satisfactory to me.

The Kruzer Kaddy cupholder although nice and chromed took up WAY too much space in the cockpit. The custom made leather holder although nice, was just too flimsy.

I decided on the Chubby Cup. I saw it at the Wild Hog Music Rally in Helena, AR last year and put on there... It is BY FAR the most usable drink holder I have had on any bike.

What makes it so good? It mounts by quick release (that does not get loose), so it can be permanent or can easily be removed. It is a very secure mount. And...get this...IT'S ONLY $20!!!

It holds many kinds of containers (although cans will require a huggie). It's non-obtrusive so it doesn't "stick" out like the rest.

The disadvantages are: It's not chrome, it requires a huggie for cans. That's about it!!

Here is a link for it...

http://www.chubbycups.com/Quick-Release-Drink-Holder.html

Wally

P.S. I have NO AFFILIATION with this company, but I have bought some of these to give away to my members on my website.

Ponch

Great install, Ponch. Glad to see you got your bell hangin there, too; keeps the evil spirits out of wifey's coffee!!

m