IGNORED

What is everyones favorite chrome accessories?

roadwarrior

I see a lot of reference to "billet" chrome items. The only definition of this I can find is that the part in question has been machined from a metal ingot (aka a billet) rather than cast in a mold. Is this the right definition for those "billet chrome gizmos"?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea they do make chrome paint that looks like real crome a friend of mine painted his tank and fenders with it and wow!!!!you can't get it anyware must get from a high end auto paint shop ,also you can get black crome. looks great too . the custom bike builders I know have used this black crome and I like it better.:15_8_211[1]:it is very expensive about the same or more then getting part cromed. good for those plastic pieces though.

I see a lot of reference to "billet" chrome items. The only definition of this I can find is that the part in question has been machined from a metal ingot (aka a billet) rather than cast in a mold. Is this the right definition for those "billet chrome gizmos"?

Yep. Billet means virtually nothing as far as a finished product goes, especially for a part that doesn't need to have any physical strength to it at all but just hangs there and looks pretty. And once a part is chromed you don't even see any of the billet. But it sure sounds cool though.

Road Warrior

What grips,brake and shifter covers did you get from Kuryakyn?

Have you looked at the HDCH-990 3 pouch windshield bag from Sierra Elctronics for $85. I read in most places this is the best fit with no alterations for a Venture.

Well I hope I have finally cured my chrome obcession.Below is what I have put on my rstd in order of looks and function with comments:

1. Studed reshaped seats with both gel and memory foam.(Great must have)

2. Side saddlebag rails-Like the looks and protection but hard to clean behind

3. Kurkyan longhorn highway pegs-Great for long rides and look good too.Matching handlebar grips,brake cover,and heal/toe shifter covers

4. Diamond R backrest.Makes a world of differance with long rides

5. Billet Passenger floorboards and driver floorboard insert

6 Led taillights and H4 zenon headlight The headlight is a must if you ride at night(much better visibility)

7.Billet Carb. cover

8.Passenger floorboard backing plates(You really need billet floorboards for this to look right )

9. Chrome fender tips.(the back fender tip is a b**** to install)

10.K&N filter with with Billet chrome air cleaner covers

11.Chrome tail light cover

12 show chrome bullet banjo covers

13 Billet clutch cover

14.Chrome brake resivoir cover

15.Billet engine cleaner cover

16 Chrome battery covers side(I was real dissapointed they do not have a middle cover.My bike is pearl white and I am not pleased with the way it looks without a chrome middle cover).

17.Front chrome billet covers(I wish I would have bought the show chrome version which bolts on and covers more of the brake)

18.Chrome license tag frame

19 Chrome hoods for lights

20.Chrome oil cap

PS. I forgot my Wagnor grill cover which should be around # 8

Now what I want is a windshield bag and other storage bags. Suggestions????

Road Warrior

Have you looked at the HDCH-990 3 pouch windshield bag from Sierra Elctronics for $85. I read in most places this is the best fit with no alterations for a Venture.

I have the HDCH-990 windshield bag. Got mine from J&M here. It fits great with no modifications. The tail just clamps in along with the windshield. I have over 6,000 miles with mine and have not experienced any problems.

Also, the Kuryakyn Shift Peg covers are Part # 8851. See this thread for a discussion about removal of the OEM rubber and mounting the Kury peg covers. Along with the matching Kury Brake Pedal cover it really spruces up the foot area.

Edited by SteveP
Fixed a link

I like it all...Still a few more things...but so far I think the Air Filter Covers and the Radiator Cover....Bag rails....Trunk Rack....

Here's where I'm at...

Yamaha Parts Added To Date:

Headlight Visor Passing Light Visor Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Cover Billet Oil Fill Cap Billet Choke Knob Cover Turn Signal Visors (x 2) Chrome Tail Light Cover Billet Clutch Bleeder Cover (Smooth) Billet Shift Peg Covers Billet Brake Caliper Accents - Front & Rear

Motor Mount Bolt Covers Billet Carburetor Covers (Smooth) Front Fender Trim Rail Billet Air Cleaner Filter Replacement Billet Passenger Floor Board Backing Plate Covers Passing Lamps Billet Engine Breather Covers (Smooth) Yamaha Wide Leather Tank Panel - Studded Passing Lamp Mount Trunk Rack Billet Passenger Floor Boards Saddlebag Trim Rails Billet Rider Floorboard Covers Billet Air Cleaner Covers (Smooth)

Aftermarket Parts Added:

Uptopia Backrest Kuryakyn ISO Pegs & Offset Mounts (LG) GenMar Risers Custom Dynamics 15" LED Light Bar Kuryakyn Reflector Cover Grills (Large Front)

WISH LIST: Tank Cover, Billet Fuel Tank Mount Covers, Billet Front Axle Bolt Covers (Round-Smooth) Chrome Battery Cover Accents, Saddlebag Lid Trim Rails, Tinted Lower Wind Vent, Chrome Battery Side Covers, Click on Pic for larger link...Once there, use the magnification Icon next to the pic...

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_uM1h1ehTB5k/SJjl_Qh7OOI/AAAAAAAADBE/BMEoXD9cIT4/s144/IMG_0088.JPGRSV_August 2008"

George In Virginia:cool10:

Road Warrior

The grips are http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/catalogs/detail/17/134/1474/10955/1/0/0/1/4/90/68/330/universal-isogrips.aspx

My apologies but I cannot find where I bought the shifter covers and brake pads

On the windshield bag that is the best bag I have seen but I do not know if it will fit on my RSTD?Would you happen to know?:doh:

I like it all...Still a few more things...but so far I think the Air Filter Covers and the Radiator Cover....Bag rails....Trunk Rack....

Here's where I'm at...

Yamaha Parts Added To Date:

Headlight Visor Passing Light Visor Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Cover Billet Oil Fill Cap Billet Choke Knob Cover Turn Signal Visors (x 2) Chrome Tail Light Cover Billet Clutch Bleeder Cover (Smooth) Billet Shift Peg Covers Billet Brake Caliper Accents - Front & Rear

Motor Mount Bolt Covers Billet Carburetor Covers (Smooth) Front Fender Trim Rail Billet Air Cleaner Filter Replacement Billet Passenger Floor Board Backing Plate Covers Passing Lamps Billet Engine Breather Covers (Smooth) Yamaha Wide Leather Tank Panel - Studded Passing Lamp Mount Trunk Rack Billet Passenger Floor Boards Saddlebag Trim Rails Billet Rider Floorboard Covers Billet Air Cleaner Covers (Smooth)

Aftermarket Parts Added:

Uptopia Backrest Kuryakyn ISO Pegs & Offset Mounts (LG) GenMar Risers Custom Dynamics 15" LED Light Bar Kuryakyn Reflector Cover Grills (Large Front)

WISH LIST: Tank Cover, Billet Fuel Tank Mount Covers, Billet Front Axle Bolt Covers (Round-Smooth) Chrome Battery Cover Accents, Saddlebag Lid Trim Rails, Tinted Lower Wind Vent, Chrome Battery Side Covers, Click on Pic for larger link...Once there, use the magnification Icon next to the pic...

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_uM1h1ehTB5k/SJjl_Qh7OOI/AAAAAAAADBE/BMEoXD9cIT4/s144/IMG_0088.JPGRSV_August 2008"

George In Virginia:cool10:

It appears that you have a chrome trim around your gas tank that looks sharp.Where did you get that?You have a really sweet bike.:sun:

It appears that you have a chrome trim around your gas tank that looks sharp.Where did you get that?You have a really sweet bike.:sun:

I can't speak for George, but I used automotive door trim around the edge of the gas tank and on the fenders on my Suzuki Volusia. It's a flexible plastic U-channel with adhesive in the channel. Seeing his picture, I think I'll be adding it to my Black Cherry RSV.

I bought it at Pep Boys: 12' for about $10. It's best to install it on a warm day - even using a hair dryer to get it flexible around tight corners & bends.

I can't speak for George, but I used automotive door trim around the edge of the gas tank and on the fenders on my Suzuki Volusia. It's a flexible plastic U-channel with adhesive in the channel. Seeing his picture, I think I'll be adding it to my Black Cherry RSV.

I bought it at Pep Boys: 12' for about $10. It's best to install it on a warm day - even using a hair dryer to get it flexible around tight corners & bends.

If that is the case you certainly get good bang for your buck:cool10:

The grips are http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/catalogs/detail/17/134/1474/10955/1/0/0/1/4/90/68/330/universal-isogrips.aspx

My apologies but I cannot find where I bought the shifter covers and brake pads

On the windshield bag that is the best bag I have seen but I do not know if it will fit on my RSTD?Would you happen to know?:doh:

They list a 7/8 and a 1 inch bar size... what size do we have?

• 2 months later...
Guest Kurt Leopold

Got pretty well all the available accessories on my bike. What I would like to see is a trunk trim rail similar to the saddlebag side trim rails which I think would really balance things out nicely.

• 1 month later...

The thing I like best is my genuine yamaha chrome passenger floorboards. I ride a lot by myself too, and they sure look better than the dull aluminum with rubber strips on them. Plus they have the "Star" emblem on them when they are up. THEN, the next is the Polished air cleaner covers. After I put them on, I went to the local Auto Zone and got a roll of auto chrome trim (self adhesive back) the widest they had, and put acouple strips along side the chrome cover, all the way around the breather. It gives it a "ribbed" effect, and all chrome. Well, there is just a small rib where the black cleaner comes together, but you can't tell it. I have had several :clap2:comments on it.:thumbsup2:

Can't claim that I've seen it personally, but I like the idea of a chrome thong.

David

Ya just didn't look for it.

http://www.coatofchrome.com/images/victoria_secret_panties_in_chrome_H6TT.jpg And the matching accoutrements below.

http://www.coatofchrome.com/images/victoria_secret_corset_in_chrome.jpg

Can you tell the wife has been out of town for the week?

RR

I have put some chrome on mine but without seeing on the bike it is hard to see where the best bang for you buck is.I have put on the carb cover,chrome battery cover,passenger floorboards and oil cap.Kur longhorn and kur hand grips

I tend to favor my chrome plated stainless steel money clip. It has seen some serious fattening recently by me not buying trinkets and do-dads! That stuff is insanely expensive.