IGNORED

How hot does it get where mufflers join pipes

If you're blowing out JBWeld, it may not be a temp issue. I put hi-heat Permatex copper where my slip-ons meet the manifold and that worked great. On my car, I put JBWeld where the Manifold meets the Caty, and that got me through emissions testing just fine (I let my 18-year old daughter take the car in so that the kid at the lube shop wouldn't focus so hard on the visual inspection of the car... shameless I know) so I'm thinking it may be the size of the leak, not the temp rating of the product you're trying to plug it with?

I put a pair of baron's slip on's so this is all where the muffler meets the exhaust pipe. On the stock pipes there are gaskets, on the Baron's pipes it's just metal to metal with a clamp.

So far I just smell a slight burning smell (don't know if that is normal) from the Permatex but it's still in there, between the pipes, muffler flanges and the clamps...

The stuff I put on only goes up to 400F so I don't know if that will cut it.:225:

gp

I also have Baron Slip-ons. And The Permatex copper worked fine for me. The burning smell is normal. They coat the pipes with a lubricant to keep it from scratching, and if I remember correctly, that stuff was on the inside as well. Not sure how you're going to scratch the inside... but then again if there's a way to scratch chrome, I've found it.