IGNORED

Gunboat,TxVenture,Kbay all ok

lonestarmedic

Called and checked. DonH. (TxVenture) has a few tree limbs off and still has power. Said the internet was working. Cable out all except the shopping channels. DonC. is good. Has a small hole in the roof from a pine tree lim. Said about 3 gallons of water, nothing to really worry about. Kbay lost a couple flags and his ornamental windmill is over. He has relatives in from Galveston. Including some horses. Said the fire pager only had one call last night. Didn't get an answer from Mavrick, but he is outside the main area towards Dallas. Rattlesnake evacuated out of Refugio about Wednesday. Put his bikes in the fire station. Didn't try Hipshot. San Antonio has about 4000 refugees in so far. Houson got its backside kicked pretty good. Galveston may be fairly flat. San Antonio is sunny, breezy and about 75-80 this morning.

JB

Glad to here you are all ok guys n gals.

I am in San Antonio due to the requirements of my job to maintain the oil and gas pipeline. My wife and grown son are at my house on Northside and are all well and the house has no damage. My fence and yard has damage but, that was to be expected. I have another house in Srping Tx but, the storm is jut leaving that area so I don't know how it fared yet and my son live in it and he is anxious to check it out but I told him to wait until Sunday to try to get there. Looks like I will be back perhaps Monday. My office/datacenter has 27 windows out and damage to building so I guess we rebuild my office.

I wish all those northe east of us well as the storm progresses.

jburrell

I got up at 0130 yesterday AM and drove over to Lufkin,Texas to get my 83 year old Dad..after much kicking and hollering he decided to come back to my home here in Blanco,Tx..Hes glad he did now as it is 35 miles SW of Lufkin as I type! Safe in Blanco.

i tried to post earlier, but the internet wasn't going for it. page just froze, on the screen.

we are fine. didn't lose 1 limb, in the whole town. didn't get even one drop of rain. pretty much just a "hurricane drill". now i have to un-board my winders!

lol

just jt

Glad to hear you all made it thru this OK!!:banana:

Still waiting to hear from my Mom and sisters, they went west to a friends house on Friday morning. I talked to them Friday afternoon and they arrived there safely. But I haven't herd anything since then.:confused24:

I'm sure they are OK, but may have power out, with no phone service.

I have a house full of kin-folks from Galveston.

They have been glued to the TV looking at the news coverage of the Galveston/Houston area.

I sure wish the newscasters would drive through neighborhoods to show the folks that has left the area what the real damage is. Of course the TV wants to show the worst of everything and it does not help the poor folks that have left their homes and are wondering how things are after the aftermath.

They just keep showing the same pictures over and over of low lying areas.

No to make light of this storm as it was/is a very big storm and did a lot of damage but again, the TV seems to want to show the worst pictures they can find to keep people on that channel.

Glad to here all of you that have responded are OK.

We have not have even a drop of rain here just North of Austin and very little wind.

The sun is out and I may even take a little ride this afternoon

Glad to hear everyone came out without major problems. We got back this morning with the new ride, it is the black cherry colored and has 18,400 miles on. It's not showroom quality, but definitely the closest I ever seen for a 22 year old bike. I rode it for about 30 miles to check any problems and had Barnetts Harley Davidson look at it. Unfortunately their mechanic couldn't be any help except to try to convince me to sell it to him

Wilkie:cool10:

Got a voice message from Gunboat at about 12:30 and he said all is well. They lost power so he wont be on till he get himself some juice, but all the Houston crew is doing OK

:thumbsup2:

Might be just me, but it seems that this cane crapped out fairly quick. I have seen them sit in 1 spot and tear everything up :yikes:

How did you all fair yesterday? We only had wind (65 mph) and light rain at the house, but my moms over in Decatur Ill. and haven't been able to talk to her. I know it sat over your house for awhile last night, Brad, and hope you guys are OK.

Dan

How did you all fair yesterday? We only had wind (65 mph) and light rain at the house, but my moms over in Decatur Ill. and haven't been able to talk to her. I know it sat over your house for awhile last night, Brad, and hope you guys are OK.

Dan

Were good Bro, seems as if it skirted south of our place, never lost power or anything. I do hope the folks that have lost power will get it back quickly. Lonna still hasn't heard anything from her mother and sisters in Texas so she's a bit anxious.

Were good Bro, seems as if it skirted south of our place, never lost power or anything. I do hope the folks that have lost power will get it back quickly. Lonna still hasn't heard anything from her mother and sisters in Texas so she's a bit anxious.

Brad. almost the ENTIRE city of Houston, is SNAFUED". fema can't get their act together.

centerpoint energy, is working around the clock, to restore power,to the fire depts,police depts, hospitals, etc. GASOLINE, is the main roadblock. most of the stations, have no power, and the ones who are open, are NOT publicising their locations.

i have a son, there who has been in the dark, with no water, or groceries for three days.

if he can't find a gas station this morning, i'll have to go to houston and rescue him, from his own house!

lol

just jt:doh:

Brad. almost the ENTIRE city of Houston, is SNAFUED". fema can't get their act together.

centerpoint energy, is working around the clock, to restore power,to the fire depts,police depts, hospitals, etc. GASOLINE, is the main roadblock. most of the stations, have no power, and the ones who are open, are NOT publicising their locations.

i have a son, there who has been in the dark, with no water, or groceries for three days.

if he can't find a gas station this morning, i'll have to go to houston and rescue him, from his own house!

lol

just jt:doh:

JT,

My brother is with the Army National Guard, and they are handing out water and food in some places. If you need me to I can call him and find out where the closest place is, he can go to!? Let me know where he lives, and I can get the closest place! No reason why he should go without!

hi all

at work right now (it's 03:30 am wedensday moring) had to borrow another co-workers internet acess. we are blessed no one hurt at my household. sarah sleeped thru the storm. power still out, been using a generator for power since sat. moring. city water came on about 8:00am monday. gasoline is fun to get been lucky only had to waite in line 2 hours, i have heard of up 4 hours, some other parts of town. maybe will have shore power to house soon. have heard of 2- 4 weeks for some parts of town.

sarah now knows what rabbit ears for the tv look like. she also found out that pool water can be used for flushing toliets. life is good.

best reguards

don c. :178:

Glad to hear from all you guys. We faired pretty well... shingles, fences, trees...

Power back on last night. Anyone needing water, hot shower, hot meal, wash some clothes, a cold beer or help at your place, just let me know. You are more than welcome here.

As JB said in first post, we are fine with no damage. It is now Wed. 11:30 A.M. and people still can't get back on Galveston Island. The devastation there and on Bolivar Peninsula are unbelievable! Houses completely gone, nothing left, no debris or anything.

I think people can get into downtown Houston now, but there was a lot of damage in the downtown area. The Chase Bank building which is the tallest building in Houston at 75 stories had 44 floors of windows broken out on the east side of the building. Other buildings had similar damage but not on the same percentage. Lot of roofs tore up, and limbs down, power lines down, etc.

We live on the west side of Houston about 20 miles from downtown and we were fortunate that we were on what is called the "clean side of the storm" which is the northwest corner as the storm spins counterclock wise. The northeast corner is the bad, or "dirty" side.

So, we were blessed and suffered very little if anything to what some people are going thru.

Don H.