IGNORED

Can never spend too much on your a$$.

ChiefGunner

Picked up my SVTC in late December. We’ve had some good riding weather so I’ve already got over 4500 miles on her.

Decided to drop some coinage on the seat. I think it POPS!

if your interested, I’ll send you upholstery info PM. Many people ship them their seats to do.

ChiefGunner,

WOWWWWW!!!!

Lookie there!!!

That is one cool looking seat. I bet that was some serious "coinage", as you put it. I think that is cool for that bike, because the SVTC is a little bit not blingy, with all of the matte finish trim on it. I would say that is BLINGY for sure.

Big Lenny

INDEED = I would have a hard time covering something so purdy up with my backside - WOWZY WOW WOW WOW that is gorgeous! :thumbsup:

I gotta ask Chief,, what is that material? It almost looks like snake or alligator skin on the sides with Ostrich on the top or something - definitely show bike quality.. Makes me think of the likes of @StarFan 's machines... :scared:

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChiefGunner,

WOWWWWW!!!!

Lookie there!!!

That is one cool looking seat. I bet that was some serious "coinage", as you put it. I think that is cool for that bike, because the SVTC is a little bit not blingy, with all of the matte finish trim on it. I would say that is BLINGY for sure.

Big Lenny

Exactly Lenny. They kinda subdued this model and I thought it needed some BLING. Next step is to get the rims polished. 😉

INDEED = I would have a hard time covering something so purdy up with my backside - WOWZY WOW WOW WOW that is gorgeous! :thumbsup:

I gotta ask Chief,, what is that material? It almost looks like snake or alligator skin on the sides with Ostrich on the top or something - definitely show bike quality.. Makes me think of the likes of StarFan 's machines... :scared:

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s alligator with python snakeskin accent.

Thanks!

We got plenty of Pythons to skin down this way for sure. They should be payin a bounty fer them varmits

Yea,,, Tip, Tweeks and I camped one time off "Alleygator Alley" down in the everglades = WHAT A NIGHT!! Laying there listening to the screams of things getting crunched by gators while laying next to Tip under our deflated tent (perfect for keeping the skeeter out while still staring at the stars)... Tip says,, dont you think we should set the tent all the way up?,, I said = nahhhhh,, it'll get in the way of the view,, besides,, them gators aint gonna come up here and cross that two track to get us.. Then she reminded me of the ABUNDENT supply of PYTHONS down there = 3 minutes later our tent was in full bloom with all of our gear forming a barrier around the inner perimeter :big-grin-emoticon:

Add my 'wow' to the above...and...that it is different from what most choose for custom skinning. I LIKE it!

You sir, are obviously a very proud SVTC owner..and I like that as much as the seat you put on her. It shows.....

Safe rides...

Joe

Thanks Joe! I am indeed. I’ve waited 12 yrs for my dream bike & finally have it. I’m constantly getting asked where I got my seat done. It was VERY reasonable too. It’s a husband & wife team who have 7 mobile trailers set up as upholstery shops. They do EVERYTHING, and even offered to wrap my dash but I’m not that bold. They have people from all over the country ship them their seats to do.

You can see their work here: http://instagram.com/all_things_u Their phone # is: *(919) 208-1803‬

just tell them TONY the Venture owner sent you! 😉

Is this the model that gives a shiatsu massage while you're sitting in it?

LOL! No, just the regular hot butt if you have the heater on. Just an FYI: the seat & grip heaters are INTENSE! Riding in 40 degrees with heat set at (7), my butt was frying & my hands were burning THROUGH my gloves!

Thanks Joe! I am indeed. I’ve waited 12 yrs for my dream bike & finally have it. I’m constantly getting asked where I got my seat done. It was VERY reasonable too. It’s a husband & wife team who have 7 mobile trailers set up as upholstery shops. They do EVERYTHING, and even offered to wrap my dash but I’m not that bold. They have people from all over the country ship them their seats to do.

You can see their work here: http://instagram.com/all_things_u Their phone # is: *(919) 208-1803‬

just tell them TONY the Venture owner sent you!

Most seriously...I will think about that...and thank you for the links. So, they did the stock seat...and there is no custom pan, such as in Corbin, and such? Is that right?

I have snakeskin cowboy boots..and love the 'look' I get from the priest at our church where we celebrate Mass. You should see the look on his face, as I walk up to receive Communion, LOL! It's worth weekly JUST FOR THAT! Yeah I know...evil...lol.

You gotta laugh your way through Life, or Life will always get that last laugh in! Nope..that last snort will be mine, just before seeing the Pearly Gates come into view...or maybe not...lol...lol.

Joe

Most seriously...I will think about that...and thank you for the links. So, they did the stock seat...and there is no custom pan, such as in Corbin, and such? Is that right?

I have snakeskin cowboy boots..and love the 'look' I get from the priest at our church where we celebrate Mass. You should see the look on his face, as I walk up to receive Communion, LOL! It's worth weekly JUST FOR THAT! Yeah I know...evil...lol.

You gotta laugh your way through Life, or Life will always get that last laugh in! Nope..that last snort will be mine, just before seeing the Pearly Gates come into view...or maybe not...lol...lol.

Joe

Yes Joe, it’s the stock seat but the added some padding and deepened the tufting for a better “scoop”. They’re 2.5 hrs away about 1/2 hour east of Raliegh. I rode out there. Sat aroound watching movies and talking for 4.5 hrs while they did it, put it back on and rode home on it. BIG difference! The high rise back rest was a bit “bulbous” and didn’t sit right against my low back so I had them shave some of the foam off and scallop it better before covering.

I’ll make sure and watch out for the “critters WHEN I go to Florida!

Also, I’m an ordained Reverend and I wear a pair of Python snakeskin shoes at service! Yes, it gets me some looks, and when people ask about it I tell them “The Devil, that ole serpent ticked me off so I skinned him and made a pair of shoes outta him!” 🤣🤣 I usually get a chuckle outta that.

Of course seeing the guest minister come in with snakeskin shoes I can only imagine what the congregation is thinking: “”Oh boy! We’re in for a wild ride tonight!” I do my best to deliver.

youre right about the humor. Besides, it takes 33 muscles to frown & 13 to smile so why overwork? 😉

Yes Joe, it’s the stock seat but the added some padding and deepened the tufting for a better “scoop”. They’re 2.5 hrs away about 1/2 hour east of Raliegh. I rode out there. Sat aroound watching movies and talking for 4.5 hrs while they did it, put it back on and rode home on it. BIG difference! The high rise back rest was a bit “bulbous” and didn’t sit right against my low back so I had them shave some of the foam off and scallop it better before covering.

I’ll make sure and watch out for the “critters WHEN I go to Florida!

Also, I’m an ordained Reverend and I wear a pair of Python snakeskin shoes at service! Yes, it gets me some looks, and when people ask about it I tell them “The Devil, that ole serpent ticked me off so I skinned him and made a pair of shoes outta him!” ���� I usually get a chuckle outta that.

Of course seeing the guest minister come in with snakeskin shoes I can only imagine what the congregation is thinking: “”Oh boy! We’re in for a wild ride tonight!” I do my best to deliver.

youre right about the humor. Besides, it takes 33 muscles to frown & 13 to smile so why overwork? ��

What a great post..and sense of humor! LOL

I still wear the 'snakes' to church. Hey..for what they cost me...I need some walking on them! I also love wearing my Stetson's from my Arizona Livin' Easy days. Love Stetson's...

It appears that I will not be taking delivery of my contracted SVTC. Lessons learned. That's what's nice about having my Kawasaki as my back up...for this season, anyway. Enjoy yours to the max. I'll be waiting for everybody's tour pics in the Picture Forum. I hope you SVTC riders snap some!

I just ordered a custom Corbin saddle for my Kawa. Always wanted one...and now will get plenty of butt mileage out of it this summer! Glad that I bought last year, the full pack of Cortech Super 2.0 Saddle bags and matching tail bag. Very nice kit for Sport Tour touring....

Regards,

Joe

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

Picked up my SVTC in late December. We’ve had some good riding weather so I’ve already got over 4500 miles on her.

Decided to drop some coinage on the seat. I think it POPS!

if your interested, I’ll send you upholstery info PM. Many people ship them their seats to do.

What seat? All I see is that tank sticker.........Seriously cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally I got confirmation from the 'horse's mouth'...I'm getting my red SVTC...most likely next month...still at sea shortly approaching the coast of Vancouver, from Japan. Three other red metallic purchasers are also waiting for this shipment, Canada wide. We are the last to be taken stock of. All gone for 2018 already. Here in the Great White North, at least.

Joe

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

Finally I got confirmation from the 'horse's mouth'...I'm getting my red SVGC...most likely next month...still at sea shortly approaching the coast of Vancouver, from Japan. Three other red metallic purchasers are also waiting for this shipment, Canada wide. We are the last to be taken stock of. All gone for 2018 already. Here in the Great White North, at least.

Joe

I think that is SOOOO COOL that the Head of Scoots for Yam actually called you - GOOD ON YA MOM YAM!! I also can not WAIT to see what that "surprise" is that they are including (if I read that correctly in that other thread)... One never ever knows what a company like Mom Yam is capable of when it comes to correcting a mistake - personally Joe,, I hope its something really really special!!!:thumbsup:

I think that is SOOOO COOL that the Head of Scoots for Yam actually called you - GOOD ON YA MOM YAM!! I also can not WAIT to see what that "surprise" is that they are including (if I read that correctly in that other thread)... One never ever knows what a company like Mom Yam is capable of when it comes to correcting a mistake - personally Joe,, I hope its something really really special!!!:thumbsup:

Thank's Puc...it could be anything from a 'fooled you!' hand-written note, a base-ball cap, T-shirt...or hopefully, what Chief thinks...is that $1,000.00 credit to Yamma Mamma goodies...now THAT would be a salve to the wait-wound...lol. I'll let y'all know.

Chief...looking at that simply great looking saddle of yours...might I suggest that you always (when staying overnight at a hotel, motel, etc...), use a full length or at least Yamaha's mini-day cover.....for overnight parking.

Right?....

Cheers,

Joe

Absolutely! I have the Yam full cover and I use it. Had one for my 2nd Gen ‘91 as well. You don’t spend that much in a bike and then neglect it. At least I don’t.