IGNORED

Hey cowpuc!

Flyinfool

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're making me happy and you making me proud of you Puc. Just be careful.

Randy

Awe,,, now your makin my head swell with pride Randy - seriously brother!! THANK YOU for all the support thru this nasty stuff = it is GREATLY appreciated Randy!! I am not much of philosipher or deep with understanding how all this stuff about choosing to battle instead of giving up works but I can say this.. The "war" is so much easier fought knowing that others support you.. I have always been a HUGE "I can do it myself" kind of person, willing to help others but take my own lumps when they come.. These last couple years of chasing the medical front wheel and now entering into the REAL war of facing cancer has somehow enlightened me as to how much we, as humans, need each other.. I didnt do Nam like you and a whole bunch of other GREAT American's did - I was just young enough that I didnt have to go and by the 73 (graduation year for me) rolled around - it was over as far as the volunteering went.. I remember vividly hearing of and seeing first hand the discussting treatment that our Vets received when they returned home from that God aweful mess.. I never really understood the deep, SICK feeling that was inside me every time, as a young puc, I heard of that stuff. Somehow, thru this mess, those "dots" have been connected and I think I got a dose of why it was so wrong for people to outcast our fellow man for choosing to follow the inner prompting to fight instead of running and hiding.. The "uplift" that we can get from just knowing we are being held up by our fellow man with comments like you made above is amazing,, certainly making the return to battle in the form of fighting small everyday skirmishes easily doable.. Bottom line,, you guys n gals were wronged back then - not much that can be done about it except for maybe, somehow, writing something like this in a hard to read, lame brained effort to encourage myself and others to always give space in our live's to be an encourager to others like you and many others have done here..

Thanks Randy!

PS = Brother = no real need to worry about the over kill - Tip n I have been married closing in on 40 years and one of the things she is good at is giving me the infamous evil eye and reigning me in when needed... Definitely on the short rope in all this my friend!!

I would bet that it takes a lot more than 10 lbs to lift Tweeks off the side stand. Just don't go blowing a gasket on all of that nice sewing work you had done. It is still pretty early.

Now you best be behavin yourself over there. Don't make me load up a batch of that 60° snow, that we had discussed earlier, just to keep you from hurting yourself.................

Ah ha,, yet another great chance to :stickpoke::stickpoke:,, and :stirthepot::stirthepot: with my bestest - closest neighbor (subtract the pond between us and Fool lives in my back yard!!!)... Lets see if we cant drag some of that fun discussion we were having about shooting a bullet in the air into this one and challenge Fool's intellect :happy65:... Fool,,,, taking Tweeks off the side stand is a "leaning" force - totally different than a "lifting" force.. It may take 35 pounds of force to get her off the stand but this can easily be occomplished by using my weight to my advantage.. I could probably macgiver a way of using the same weight advantage and apply it to the blower lift arm on the tractor but,,, :scratchchin:,,,,,, why would I do that,,,, unless you have REALLY accomplished more headway in the development of the "high temp snow" you been working on and that is highly unlikely (which I happen to know you been down too and not able to work in the shed).. :moon::moon::moon:

Thanks for starting this thread Jeff = following it has been just what the doctor ordered for an uplift when the candle light of life is a little dim brother!!!!:happy34:

I remember the 1st time I stumbled out to the garage with all those busted ribs and thought I would pick "Silver" up off the sidestand!! Ended up on the floor and had to wait til the Warden came looking to get back up!! And the worse part?? Listening to her chew on me for the rest of the day!!Made me feel about 1 inch tall!! Be careful!!:Avatars_Gee_George::backinmyday:

Comparing notes here DanL and taking all this advice about being careful seriously.. I know they had to reattach what was left of my urethea (tube that pee flows thru).. So,, yesterday I am on the phone yacking with my neighbor (phone weighs way less than 10 pounds :happy34:), get this strange overwhelming need to go.. Told him I had to hang up - NOW.. Go in the potty and pushed a little,, got fairly long stringy blood clot thingy to come out = wow was that strange.. The doc told me I may get episodes like that so really not scary but still,, ok,, kinda still scary.....

Back when I was avidly bow hunting, I would shimmy a tree, climb up there to 30 or 40 feet, pull my bow up, stand on a 2' x 2' board on a home made stand, turn backwards so the tree was in front of me so I could shoot off sided and stand with my heels hanging off the board = total confidence. Now adays with all this stuff happening - my inner balance is so messed up - having happen to me what happened to you n Silver aint so far fetched Dan... Will DEFINITELY heed the warning brother!!:happy34:

Comparing notes here DanL and taking all this advice about being careful seriously.. I know they had to reattach what was left of my urethea (tube that pee flows thru).. So,, yesterday I am on the phone yacking with my neighbor (phone weighs way less than 10 pounds :happy34:), get this strange overwhelming need to go.. Told him I had to hang up - NOW.. Go in the potty and pushed a little,, got fairly long stringy blood clot thingy to come out = wow was that strange.. The doc told me I may get episodes like that so really not scary but still,, ok,, kinda still scary.....

Back when I was avidly bow hunting, I would shimmy a tree, climb up there to 30 or 40 feet, pull my bow up, stand on a 2' x 2' board on a home made stand, turn backwards so the tree was in front of me so I could shoot off sided and stand with my heels hanging off the board = total confidence. Now adays with all this stuff happening - my inner balance is so messed up - having happen to me what happened to you n Silver aint so far fetched Dan... Will DEFINITELY heed the warning brother!!:happy34:

Oh does this bring back memories............................

Ah ha,, yet another great chance to :stickpoke::stickpoke:,, and :stirthepot::stirthepot: with my bestest - closest neighbor (subtract the pond between us and Fool lives in my back yard!!!)... Lets see if we cant drag some of that fun discussion we were having about shooting a bullet in the air into this one and challenge Fool's intellect :happy65:... Fool,,,, taking Tweeks off the side stand is a "leaning" force - totally different than a "lifting" force.. It may take 35 pounds of force to get her off the stand but this can easily be occomplished by using my weight to my advantage.. I could probably macgiver a way of using the same weight advantage and apply it to the blower lift arm on the tractor but,,, :scratchchin:,,,,,, why would I do that,,,, unless you have REALLY accomplished more headway in the development of the "high temp snow" you been working on and that is highly unlikely (which I happen to know you been down too and not able to work in the shed).. :moon::moon::moon:

Thanks for starting this thread Jeff = following it has been just what the doctor ordered for an uplift when the candle light of life is a little dim brother!!!!:happy34:

OK, You asked for it wise guy...........

Leaning or lifting does not matter force is force. To generate a specific force, the muscles will need a certain amount of contraction, this contraction generates a momentary spike in blood pressure for the duration the force is applied, the body is always trying to keep things in balance, so the muscles of the abdomen also contract so that your arm (or whatever other limbs you were bringing into the lift) can not push all of the blood out of the contracting muscle. Now if you have stitches across your abdomen you sure do not want to rip those out either while they contract to maintain an equilibrium of blood pressure.

A spike in blood pressure could pop a suture on a blood vessel to if you have any of those. You pop a vascular suture, and if you think you are black and blue now................

......................OK I really made most of that up as I typed it, but from a mechanical engineering standpoint it does sound good.............

I have seen first hand just how POed a doc can get if you mess up their original handiwork. You do NOT want a doc POed at you, who knows what horrible test or treatment he might call for.

Your welcome.

But it really was a labor of love to start this thread.

Besides, If you did dissappear, who would possibly be able to fill your big ol shoes of :stickpoke::stickpoke: and :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot: and even :photographing::cop:.

So there.........:moon: :rasberry: :moon: :rasberry: :moon:

Oh does this bring back memories............................

OK, You asked for it wise guy...........

Leaning or lifting does not matter force is force. To generate a specific force, the muscles will need a certain amount of contraction, this contraction generates a momentary spike in blood pressure for the duration the force is applied, the body is always trying to keep things in balance, so the muscles of the abdomen also contract so that your arm (or whatever other limbs you were bringing into the lift) can not push all of the blood out of the contracting muscle. Now if you have stitches across your abdomen you sure do not want to rip those out either while they contract to maintain an equilibrium of blood pressure.

A spike in blood pressure could pop a suture on a blood vessel to if you have any of those. You pop a vascular suture, and if you think you are black and blue now................

......................OK I really made most of that up as I typed it, but from a mechanical engineering standpoint it does sound good.............

I have seen first hand just how POed a doc can get if you mess up their original handiwork. You do NOT want a doc POed at you, who knows what horrible test or treatment he might call for.

Your welcome.

But it really was a labor of love to start this thread.

Besides, If you did dissappear, who would possibly be able to fill your big ol shoes of :stickpoke::stickpoke: and :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot: and even :photographing::cop:.

So there.........:moon: :rasberry: :moon: :rasberry: :moon:

As normal and as totally expected from a highly advanced intellect such as the creator of the Wisconsin White Washer - very well put Fool,,,,,,, BUT,, and in the spirit of "NOT SOOOOO FAST HERE",, so,,, from a basic gearheaded back yard mechanic type - I must reply,,,,,,,, not so fast!!!!!!!!!! Lets say I had a 30 pound box of Venture parts on the garage floor that I needed to put on my work bench and I was on a 10 pound weight lift restriction... While lacking somewhat in cognitive cause n effect techniques like you so elequently stated I do know that the doctors had to have had a pretty good reason for the weight restriction (your input sounded VERY good brother!!).. What I would do is take a small pulley and hook it to the rafter above the box, tie one end on the box and then wrap the other end around and under my butt. Then I would use my weight to "sit down" and lift the box to where I needed it. This would not only accomplish the task of moving the box BUT, by your definition, I would be relaxing - not contracting - my muscles so I should, in theory, be helping myself heal faster by moving the box. Dont feel to bad that you got outsmarted this time Fool, this is the kind of reasoning that has got me out of trouble many times with Tippy and should you ever get a chance to meet her IRL - she can verify it if needed:happy65:!!!

Will agree with one thing for absolute sure though,,, that Surgeon didnt even bat an eye when he climbed on top of me - drapped a towel over my abdomen - grab it by the ends and started messaging my lungs to inflate em - I looked him in the eyes and firmly reminded him that that HURT LIKE CRAZY!!!!! He looked right back at me and said - it's gonna!!! Would indeed not like to test his resolve of figuring out a way to give me a little something special if I messed up his work:doh:

So you are saying that you could tie a rope to Tweeks, run that to a pulley on the ceiling, and back down to wrap it around your butt and then sit on that rope to lift Tweeks up to vertical, AND then hope she stays there while you get off the rope and jump up on her back?

We need video of this....................:rasberry:

Having a blood vessel blow is not a good thing. I had one blow up in my right eye after picking my bike up off the ground several years ago. I had a massive vitreous hemorrhage that turned into a detached retina and then other blood vessel problems. Now, I have virtually no useable vision in that eye and usually wear a patch or sunglasses blacked out as the light I do see out of that eye does not align up with the vision out of my left eye and it is very irritating.

When you have had diabetes for a long time, you do not want to take a deep breath and then hold it while exerting yourself. It is not good on your eyes and probably other things.

Randy

O boy he is gonna end up getting in trouble because of a crazy fool!!:witch_brew:w

I'm thinking that the video will be mostly Tippy beating Cowpuc over the head with a frying pan to try to knock some of that elusive common sense into him................:duck::stirthepot:

Still be fun to watch................:rasberry::rotf:

I'm betting that Tippy can out run the old Pucster right now.:backinmyday:

I'm thinking that the video will be mostly Tippy beating Cowpuc over the head with a frying pan to try to knock some of that elusive common sense into him................:duck::stirthepot:

Still be fun to watch................:rasberry::rotf:

I'm betting that Tippy can out run the old Pucster right now.:backinmyday:

Wow amusement at pucs expense, I would just be amused by her chasing him with a frying pan in hand. Lets see what he can clear just trying to get away.

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

Wow amusement at pucs expense, I would just be amused by her chasing him with a frying pan in hand. Lets see what he can clear just trying to get away.

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

Well, better him than me, I have my own frying pans to deal with................:duck::stirthepot:

I bought her a nice set of lightweight aluminum fry pans instead of those nasty old heavy cast iron ones..........:whistling:

Having a blood vessel blow is not a good thing. I had one blow up in my right eye after picking my bike up off the ground several years ago. I had a massive vitreous hemorrhage that turned into a detached retina and then other blood vessel problems. Now, I have virtually no useable vision in that eye and usually wear a patch or sunglasses blacked out as the light I do see out of that eye does not align up with the vision out of my left eye and it is very irritating.

When you have had diabetes for a long time, you do not want to take a deep breath and then hold it while exerting yourself. It is not good on your eyes and probably other things.

Randy

I gotta tell you guys something about my personality type,, I really dont respond so well to Fryin Pan therapy - just never did :confused24:.. On the other hand,, OUCHY OUCH OUCH OUCH = Randy,, that story makes me :95:for ya brother = OUCH!!!! Sorry to read this but SO glad you got thru it all my friend!!! Stuff that like right there,, now THAT I learn from:thumbsup: - THANKS FOR SHARING THAT!!:thumbsup:

Strange thing about all this stuff, into week 2 of recovery and it seems like I am going slightly backwards in my progress.. No idea what that means and nothing really bad going on - just considerably sorer than I was.. Must be some kind of delayed reaction thing or something.. Tip dont need no fry pan, even without Randy's explaination of what can happen = gonna lay low for a bit!!:thumbsup:

Well I sure hope that your "setbacks" are not from us making you laugh to much. :rasberry: They say laughter is the best medicine, :rotf: But it sure can hurt at the same time. :95:

I just had a similar experience and I found that some of the soreness that came later was due to over compensating and sitting and moving in weird positions that I am not used to, to try to take pressure of of the original ouch. Just pay attention to how you are doing things to see if you can spot the things you are now doing different. And of course, make sure that you are not just simply pushing it to hard or to fast, maybe no more 2 mile walks for a while.......:confused24:

Well I sure hope that your "setbacks" are not from us making you laugh to much. :rasberry: They say laughter is the best medicine, :rotf: But it sure can hurt at the same time. :95:

I just had a similar experience and I found that some of the soreness that came later was due to over compensating and sitting and moving in weird positions that I am not used to, to try to take pressure of of the original ouch. Just pay attention to how you are doing things to see if you can spot the things you are now doing different. And of course, make sure that you are not just simply pushing it to hard or to fast, maybe no more 2 mile walks for a while.......:confused24:

Nahhh,, not problem laughing = :stickpoke::rotfl: and :crackup:is a way of life brother = keep up the good work!!:happy34:

Kind of a strange thing though,,,, more like my "surgery" pains of pretty much disappeared and I have switched over to pin point pains so to speak. Definitely possible they are linked to "over compensating" Jeff. POINT VERY WELL TAKEN!!:happy34: Hope in the end I don't have to compensate on my biking skills - I sure would hate to have to learn to ride "side saddle" = it seems like it took me FOREVER to learn to ride like a normal person - Lord only knows how long it would take to learn side saddle!!:backinmyday:

I've paid the price several times for "overdoing" it. Just drop it back a gear and conserve a little fuel. It'll take care of itself. Prayers still going up. I've had almost the same as you describe and that time I broke the hardware in my leg was just plain stupid!! I knew better. Don't push it too hard you know your limits better than any one. I've always been one to do a little more than the docs advise but I know when to say when most of the time. Major cuttings (like yours) take a little more caution. So back off on the right hand and just enjoy the view for a few....:backinmyday: Chat with us tonight! Your fingers don't hurt do they???:think::mugshot::mugshot:

Puc,

Keeping up with this thread I feel compelled to share my accumulated wisdom as a Master Dragonslayer.

1. Don't let this Dragon slay you. You be the Dragonslayer.

2. Don't rush your shot at the Dragon. Timing is everything, you have one shot make it count.

3. Baby steps, you have to learn to walk before you can run.

4. Balance, harmony, moderation, ying & yang, all synonyms.

5. No battles are won without, intestinal fortitude, courage and wisdom.

6. Prayers are good, God is great but in the end it's all about what you do.

7. Teach by example, learn by listening.

8. Pain is part of healing by telling our bodies what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong.

9. Living is the journey, dying is the destination.

10. What we say and do today changes the future of the universe for ever.

Once you have mastered those 10 lessons, you too will be a Master Dragonslayer.

That is the best ten points I have seen for old bikers. Keep on keeping on Puc, I hope and pray for the best for you.

:farmer:

Puc,

Keeping up with this thread I feel compelled to share my accumulated wisdom as a Master Dragonslayer.

1. Don't let this Dragon slay you. You be the Dragonslayer.

2. Don't rush your shot at the Dragon. Timing is everything, you have one shot make it count.

3. Baby steps, you have to learn to walk before you can run.

4. Balance, harmony, moderation, ying & yang, all synonyms.

5. No battles are won without, intestinal fortitude, courage and wisdom.

6. Prayers are good, God is great but in the end it's all about what you do.

7. Teach by example, learn by listening.

8. Pain is part of healing by telling our bodies what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong.

9. Living is the journey, dying is the destination.

10. What we say and do today changes the future of the universe for ever.

Once you have mastered those 10 lessons, you too will be a Master Dragonslayer.[/