IGNORED

New project

tufftom4

When I was a teen growing up in Youngstown, there was a pretty cool van club.  It was Steel Valley, or Steel City vans....something like that.     Those folks came up with some pretty cool and unique conversion vans.

I remember a van show at least once with the vans on display throughout the Southern Park Mall.

Car GIF

I once worked with a free spirit type guy who said he had a chevy cargo van that he used as a camper.  He said he could spend the night most anywhere and no one would know he was sleeping in it.  He said he spent a night one time parked on the street in San Francisco.  Wonder what happened to that guy.  He was a character and very smart.  

On the thought of using a cargo van as a camper has become very popular here in Manitoba ...I have my name on the list at local salvage yards for one now ...There has been several made or assembled  out here , what is nice about them the back end has a good brake setup.Then add  a hitch , one ton chassis works the best  ...Guys here have pulling the gear set out of the differential along with power train , adding a brake cylinder to operate the rear brakes ..Some of the guys have installed slide outs and raised the roof about 14 inches with windows ,  for more room  when you reach your favorite spot ...Here in Manitoba we have to have Safe Vehicle inspection Certificate done .....Any 4 wheel drive with a 5.7 Litre engine will pull that unit