IGNORED

It's not fair!

SilvrT

My $12 subscription actually cost me $16.17 due to CAN/US currency exchange! :crying:
The sad part is it even affects us at home. I was looking for a good used pickup but because of the low Canadian dollar pickups in the used market are overpriced. Why? because used vehicle dealers are getting better money Auctionng them off to the Americans and Mexicans then selling here at home and some wont even sell because the Auctions are final without any followup hassles.

Nuts aint it??

I remember a few years back when the Canadian dollar was worth more than the US Dollar was.. I was doing a fair amount of Snowmobiles during the winter months as well as my usual bike stuff.. I did not have a Ski-Doo franchise but I had a really close friend who did handle Ski-Doo.. We were sitting down eating lunch one day and he produced this "corporate memo" from Ski-Doo that read something like: If you hold a U.S. franchise and get caught selling your inventory to Canadian retail customers you WILL loose your franchise!! My buddy told me that Canadian buyers were coming across the border and buying their brand new, Canadian built - Ski-Doo machines wayyy cheaper than they could buy them at home because of the currency exchange and Ski-Doo was not going to allow it!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Like I said,, NUTS aint it!!

The last 7 years, the US Guvment has spent about 10 trillion dollars it didn't have. That kept the stock market going well enough to keep up the value of the dollar. Wait and see what happens when the credit card bill is due. Canada has not been deficit spending like the USA until the newly elected leader who campaigned against deficit spending changed his mind as soon as he got in office. Our next president will probably be compared to Hoover no matter what he does.

My $12 subscription actually cost me $16.17 due to CAN/US currency exchange! :crying:

The sad part is it even affects us at home. I was looking for a good used pickup but because of the low Canadian dollar pickups in the used market are overpriced. Why? because used vehicle dealers are getting better money Auctionng them off to the Americans and Mexicans then selling here at home and some wont even sell because the Auctions are final without any followup hassles.

MIne too, i just renewed mine todat as well...

I'm hoping that the CA $ improves before Americade but it's still going to hurt in the wallet.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I guess I will pay in cash when mine is due.... I will save the 2Cents anyway

At the time I renewed it came out to $17.69 Just the cost of doing business. lol

:scared:I dont know why someone (myself included) didn't think of this before you guys!!

:lightbulb:Every year we here in Michigan have this VR Rally called "Puc's Meet - Greet and Eat Meat". At these particular gatherings $4.00 Hot Dogs (they are all beef, 1/4 pound Hot Dogs) are served. Then there is the "special homemade topping" that you can put on the dogs - this topping is easily worth another $1 per dog. Then there are cans of genuine Coke products - these would be $1.50 a can if you bought them from a vending machine. Then there are bags of chips - these would also be $1 per bag from a vending machine. Then there are the Party Beads, these usually sell for $2 at any other event. Occassionally we also have cakes, candies and other little freebies..

So lets see here, lets say you came from Canada to party with Tippy, Tweeks, Puc and any other unfortunate - I mean fortunate lop eared VR varmints who happen to be in attendance for one of these events.. Lets say you ate 10 Hot Dogs, that would be 40 bucks. Lets say you covered em with the Special Sauce - another 10 bucks, lets say you drank 6 cans of Coke to wash em down, theres an extra 9 bucks. Lets say you at 5 bags of chips, another 5 bucks. Of course, your a Canuck who likes to party with new friends and old and you just gotta have party beads, another 2 bucks.. So what do we have: 40+10+9+5+2= 66.00+4.00 Mi Sales Tax = $70 (U.S.).. Now lets say you bring your precious better half or significant other,, or,, for that matter,, lets say you bring along one of your lovely children who can out eat you any day of the week!! Lets just double that 70 bucks and call it an even $140 to cover your 2 up riding needs...

Now, I am not gonna even think about exchange rate here cause, guess why? These events are FREE,, yep,, 100% TOTALLY FREE - meaning - NO COST TO YOU OR YOUR HOT DOG GOBBLING YOUNG CANUCKS - """"EH""""!!!:thumbsup:

At about this time I can just picture every lop eared VR member varmint in Canada looking about like this :Bunny2:.. Well wait till I splain the rest of the story.. We are known to hold more than one of these events per year and YOU are more than welcome to attend ALL of them!! So,, lets say ol Puc holds 10 events this year and you make all 10 - that would be $1400.00 U.S. worth of fun, food and friendship EASILY and ALL FOR FREE!!! :mo money::mo money:

About now you should be :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool: with joy that you paid that little extra and decided to rejoin this amazing group of misguided missles known as Venturerider.org Motorcycle Club members!!:Bunny:

PS - not all Hot Dogs are exactly 1/4 pound after cooking, actual weight may vary - you may have to eat 14 Hot Dogs to actually go home with 2.5 pounds of Hot Dogs digesting inside of you..

PSS - Puc and Company not responsible for ANY customs charges levied because you bragged to a Custom's Agent about how many Dogs you chowed down!

PSSS - Puc and Company not responsible for ANY misbehavior, spilled pop, grill fires, ketchup drizzles on motorcycle clothing, untruthful ride stories, lost keys, out of balance tires, weight gain, stretched facial skin from laughing or crying or any other mishap associated with ANY "Puc's Meet - Greet and Eat Meat" event!!

@cowpuc ... well !!! I'd say that puts things into a whole new perspective, don't it! (also an extremely diplomatic way of tellin a guy to quit whinin and look at the bright side ... eh :stickpoke:)

EXACTLY @SilvrT !!:thumbsup: Now lift up your chin, :big-grin-emoticon: and repeat after me: Hot Dogs for everyone and life is GRAND - eh!!:thumbsup:

Some might not 'get' this ....

:lightbulb:,,,, I got it,, IIIIIIII got it,,, Canada don't got no pennies no more!!:thumbsup: Sharper than you thought I is aint I Silv!!:missingtooth:

,,,, I got it,, IIIIIIII got it,,, Canada don't got no pennies no more!!:thumbsup: Sharper than you thought I is aint I Silv!!:missingtooth:

You sir do not belong to the group of "some" :thumbsup2: and the only thing sharper than you is double-bladed sword in the hands of a Viking! :thumbsup: