We are in the process of rebuilding our VR Assistance List. If you can and are willing to offer assistance to a member who is riding through your area, please edit your profile to include that information. Simply click on "Settings" at the upper right of the page and then scroll down to "Edit Profile". Near the bottom you will find a place to select "yes or no" in regards to offering local assistance and then a place to select services that you may be able to offer.

Cowpuc just mentioned in another thread another, and maybe easier, way to get to it. Click "forum actions" in the small menu at the top. Select edit profile. Scroll down and you'll see where to select your information.

I've got two.

One is my home number(land line),

The other is my cell. Doesn't work at home as I'm in a dead zone but works perfectly fine when I'm on the road as that's where the cell towers are.

Probably just an old timer, but I'll never give up my land line, it's far and above cheaper... lol :backinmyday:

Edited by CaptainJoe

OK...we haven't had a land line for several years so I forget that some people still use them. I have added a new field for Home Phone and renamed the other one to Cellular Phone. There is also a field "cellular carrier". I'm not sure that's even relevant any longer. That was originally done because some carriers used to have plans where they didn't charge you minutes for a call to another customer with the same carrier. I'm not sure that anybody does that now. I know that my Verizon account is unlimited calls and texts regardless of who I'm calling. So, do we still need that "carrier" field?

I've got two.

One is my home number(land line),

The other is my cell. Doesn't work at home as I'm in a dead zone but works perfectly fine when I'm on the road as that's where the cell towers are.

Probably just an old timer, but I'll never give up my land line, it's far and above cheaper... lol :backinmyday:

TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH CAPTN' :backinmyday:

Proud to join the list!

Is there a way to find the closest participating member via smartphone if one is in need of assistance without scrolling through the entire list like using a zip code for instance? Or a VR assistance tab in the tapatalk home that takes you to the members map.

And is there a way find participating member via computer by state or a specific color pin on the members map? This would solve both issues listed.

Hey Don!

yur gonna love this...:duck:

Is there away to have two instances of members map running concurrently?

One would be for everyone that wanted to mark the map "Member Map"(like it is currently)

The other would be a " VR Assistance Members Map" for those willing and able to assist.(that way you could see at a glance if lodging/help is close by)

Edited by CaptainJoe

Yes, I'm trying to pare it down to make it fit on a single page if a member wants to print it.

The information that has been removed from the members list is still available if you click on a members profile. Except that I combined Biography and Occupation so those who had a biography entered will have to write something new in the "Occupation/Biography" field of their profile.

At this time, the best I've been able to do is if you print it in landscape mode it will fit on a single "Legal" sized page. That may be the best that I can do. Now I can easily click on one button and create an updated members list as a PDF file if somebody wants a single file to download to their phone or computer or to print out.

The only remaining thing is to figure out a way to sort it by state/province to make it easier to find members in the area you are in.