IGNORED

How old are these Mobile Home Tires?

GolfVenture

I'm looking at some Mobile Home tires on craigslist for my utility trailer that has mobile home axles. The tires were used only to move the mobile home into the court. Then the tires were put in the mobile home shed and stored for years. The seller is not the origional owner of the mobile home so does not know the tires approximate age. The tires is well preserved. no cracks on the side nor in the treads. The tires looks so good that the center tread still shows the center mold line.

I looked up "How to determine the age of a tire" and the format does not seem to match.

I'm hoping that some tire professionals will see my post.

Here are the Tires codes

MF7T L5A063

MF7U L60447

Don (B2dad) worked at Goodyear tire & Rubber for over 30 years building tires. He wants to know what brand tires they are and if they have a "DOT" code number on them.

Patti

They are Goodyear Hi-Lander. Made In USA

7 x 14.5 No DOT letters found

MF7T L5A063

8 x 14.5 DOT found with "MF7U L60447" right underneath DOT. Nothing besides the DOT found.

I'm looking at some Mobile Home tires on craigslist for my utility trailer that has mobile home axles. The tires were used only to move the mobile home into the court. Then the tires were put in the mobile home shed and stored for years. The seller is not the origional owner of the mobile home so does not know the tires approximate age. The tires is well preserved. no cracks on the side nor in the treads. The tires looks so good that the center tread still shows the center mold line.

I looked up "How to determine the age of a tire" and the format does not seem to match.

I'm hoping that some tire professionals will see my post.

Here are the Tires codes

MF7T L5A063

MF7U L60447

what year is the moble home? they are at least that old. also what you hauling?

I am unsure about the USA but in Canada tires did not have to have date codes which are supposed to be a 4 digit code in and oval "window" on the side wall until around Y2K

If this window does not exist then the tire is assumed to be PRE-Y2K

I would not take them on a long or high speed trip.

I am unsure about the USA but in Canada tires did not have to have date codes which are supposed to be a 4 digit code in and oval "window" on the side wall until around Y2K

If this window does not exist then the tire is assumed to be PRE-Y2K

I would not take them on a long or high speed trip.

:sign yeah that:

The uniform DOT date went into effect in 2000. Any tire without the new coding was made before then.

I was soooooooooo close, dang.

Good luck with the tires. I would use them locally on a trailer but I would still carry a spare. You won't get any use out of them sitting in a garage so use them up. Just be aware that they may not last as long as a newer tire would.

Bubber

No offense, however it is of my opinion that moble home axles and tires are typically made for a one way trip not to exceed 1000 miles. They have found there way to lots of trailers and lots of problems. Money well spent to change / get rid of them now will pay dividends later in life. I have friends that run them and have all kinds of problems. save some heartache.

Just my opinion

Bill:no-no-no:

Thanks to everyone for the info and safety advise. I will pick them up today.

The 4 (MF7U L60447) I'll put on the 2 axles.

I only bought the trailer 6 months ago because I have a small Kubota backhoe. Thought I might one day want the capability to transport the Kubota. So far I've only used the trailer 2 times. Once for firewood and once to purchase a set of Auto Display Rack and ramps. The existing tires are almost to the Tire Wear Bars. My load expecations won't even come close to even 1/2 the 4 tires load capabilities. And I'd be pushing it to put more than 500 miles in a year. I just couldn't pass up the trailer, built like a tank and got it for $1500.00.