IGNORED

What are the current odds?

yamagrl

Yamagrl,, I thought that was an AWESOME read!! You are an amazing person to tackle an undertaking that a lot of people would deem undoable!! YOU GO GIRL :happy65::happy65::happy65::thumbsup:

Amazing, just amazing!!

Spinning wrenches is fun BUT it can get overwhelming,, stay focused, believe in yourself (as you obviously do) and you will end up with something really special!!

Best wishes!

Puc

I want to say to all, Heather, that you have amazed me with your grit and understanding of this and I have absolutely have NO doubt that you are going to have a very good running, dependable 1st gen when you get it back on the road.

I'm proud of you and want to meet you in person sometime. Maybe you can take a few days after you get it finished and come up to Asheville in August.

RandyA

My bets are on you, and I think you're the house favorite too. I did the same thing you are doing a few years ago, I never had pulled apart a bike this much and surprise! it's still moving on it's own now. Altho I wish I had the space and tools you have.

I think it's very likely you'll come out with a very reliable bike once you finish. Keep us updated.

-Andrew

I have put over 25000 yes 25k on Big Red since I bought him in Oct 2012. Been up to Freebird's in Oberlin, back thru the Virginia's and Carolinas. Did 8 states in one day. Two trips to the Kreggerdoodle's. Central Florida... All on Big Red! I sure love him!

Yep. Bet you won't pull the front wheel up when you get Big Red back out on the road....

I used to pull mine up when the back seat wasn't with me....and take the head slap when I did it with her on

Yep. Bet you won't pull the front wheel up when you get Big Red back out on the road....

I used to pull mine up when the back seat wasn't with me....and take the head slap when I did it with her on

Might just take that one myself[emoji12]

Sorry to thread jack, but can you tell me what month big red was made in. It is on the VIN sticker by the brake pedal. I am looking for a 2/84 and I want to find at least one to let me know that Yamaha made bikes that month. Right now a 2/84 is a unicorn for me.