IGNORED

Afternoon ride Pictures - Iceland

StarFan

Finally I got some time and weather to go for a short afternoon ride here in Iceland. Rather chilly but was nice though. So good to feel spring coming :cool10:

I FEEL GOOD !

Thought I´d share a couple of pictures :)

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/Ride%20pictures/MusicHallReykjavik_zps28e662f0.jpg?t=1397425591

National Music Hall in Reykjavik

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/Ride%20pictures/SeasideReykjavik_zps67f27fb2.jpg

Reykjavik Seaside

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/Ride%20pictures/OutskirtsReykjavik_zps0a20fa77.jpg?t=1397425678

Outskirts of Reykjavik

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/Ride%20pictures/Home_zpsced8bf23.jpg?t=1397425636

Red Barons Summer Home

Finally I got some time and weather to go for a short afternoon ride here in Iceland. Rather chilly but was nice though. So good to feel spring coming :cool10:

I FEEL GOOD !

Thought I´d share a couple of pictures :)

National Music Hall in Reykjavik

Reykjavik Seaside

Outskirts of Reykjavik

Red Barons Summer Home

Is all the chrome edge guard? I like how it's all outlined and highlighted

Is all the chrome edge guard? I like how it's all outlined and highlighted

Yes, the chrome outlines on the bags, trunk, lower fairing, gas tank and fenders are plastic chrome channels that you warm up a little and then press on. One has to be careful not heating them to much - I heated the surface of the places I was putting this on a little more and this thing stuck really hard. Really highlightes the bike.

Bet it felt great to get out. The Baron sure is shinny...Guess I better get to polishing up Max for you.. Don't want you to have to ride a dirty bike in August. We are all anxious to see you again...Give a big wet kiss to the BOSS from me...see you soon...:fnd_(16):

Yes, the chrome outlines on the bags, trunk, lower fairing, gas tank and fenders are plastic chrome channels that you warm up a little and then press on. One has to be careful not heating them to much - I heated the surface of the places I was putting this on a little more and this thing stuck really hard. Really highlightes the bike.

I did this to my 2008 RSTD and it really set it off. If you decide to do this the hardest part is getting it on the lower fairings/leg shields. Their edges are thicker then the fenders or bags. Do it on a warm day and let the chrome sit in the sun for a while. It will go a lot easier, or use a hairdrier to warm the chrome.

HEY JONAS - WOW!!! Absolutely beautiful!!! I wanna ride Iceland really really bad!! :backinmyday::backinmyday:

Just so you know,,, we just got 2 inches of fresh snow,, have a BUNCH of folks without power from a major hail/windstorm that came thru yesterday... Dont you think all that is a little backwards seems how YOU live in ICELAND,, NOT me?? Sheesh those are gorgeous pics!!!:thumbsup::clap2:

RIDE ON BRO!!

Pucster

Beautiful pics, wish I was there! Kim and I took a nice ride on Sat. it felt great.

Craig

Hey Buddy.

Well, I am sure your wish will be granted. Give Kim a hug from us and Christine and Billy to :)

Nice pics. We miss you. Can't wait to see you in August

I´ll be there Frogger and looking forward to meet you again :)

Bet it felt great to get out. The Baron sure is shinny...Guess I better get to polishing up Max for you.. Don't want you to have to ride a dirty bike in August. We are all anxious to see you again...Give a big wet kiss to the BOSS from me...see you soon...:fnd_(16):

Make sure you get the rims good :stirthepot:

Don´t know about the wet kiss though - have to think about it :whistling:

I did this to my 2008 RSTD and it really set it off. If you decide to do this the hardest part is getting it on the lower fairings/leg shields. Their edges are thicker then the fenders or bags. Do it on a warm day and let the chrome sit in the sun for a while. It will go a lot easier, or use a hairdrier to warm the chrome.

The trick is to warm the chrome channels mildly with a heat gun so they get just a little flexible and then warm the area pretty good that you are gonna install them on. Just don´t overdo it because of the clear coat. Then it is easy. I took the parts off the bike that I installed these on except for the fenders.

Jonas...I love the pictures...I miss Iceland! Can't wait for you to get here...HURRY UP! :cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

I´ll be there sweetie and can´t wait :bighug:

HEY JONAS - WOW!!! Absolutely beautiful!!! I wanna ride Iceland really really bad!! :backinmyday::backinmyday:

Just so you know,,, we just got 2 inches of fresh snow,, have a BUNCH of folks without power from a major hail/windstorm that came thru yesterday... Dont you think all that is a little backwards seems how YOU live in ICELAND,, NOT me?? Sheesh those are gorgeous pics!!!:thumbsup::clap2:

RIDE ON BRO!!

Pucster

Thanks Puck :) Actually Iceland should have been named Greenland. But the guy who found Greenland was obviously a business man - Not so much the guy who found Iceland :)