IGNORED

Cop rear ends bike...

pofarm

Then blames biker! Does not have adult content, as the disclaimer says. Does have some minor bad language.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Rb_3GlMTM]Cop Rear-Ends Motorcycle - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by pofarm

Mistake #1 passed a cop. Mistake #2 passed a cop on the right. Mistake #3 didn't drop bike and start rolling around the ground saying oh my back, oh my neck, oh my lawyer...

LOL I would vote for #3 as it has the best outcome.....

Mistake #1 passed a cop. Mistake #2 passed a cop on the right. Mistake #3 didn't drop bike and start rolling around the ground saying oh my back, oh my neck, oh my lawyer...

The officer is damn lucky he didn't choose option 3. I think the cop knew he himself was wrong. Most officers respect law abiding riders. That cop acted and looked like a problem cop that you can not trust. :bobby:

The so-called "officer" in this case was WRONG. The bike rider should have asked to have a supervisor brought to the scene, and should have filed a complaint against the "officer" for rear-ending his bike.

I have no problem with the bike passing the cop on the right, as he was in a legal lane of traffic, and his lane was moving slightly faster than the left lane. There is nothing in the books, in any state, that says you cannot pass a police vehicle while in the right lane of a four lane road. As far as the bike swerving slightly to the right, and then back to the left, while in his same lane, that is something that everyone of us has done at some time, because of going too slow, and a need to balance the bike in slow motion, while moving with traffic. Yes, he was close to the white/fog line. But the cop "assumed" incorrectly that the bike was pulling over...out of his lane, so the cop made the incorrect move to move over from the left lane to the right lane, directly behind the bike, and then when the bike...still in his lane, decided to give that white Nissan Altima a little room to get in...that was the car that was flashing it's blinker to move from the left lane to the right lane, the bike rider was trying to be curteous and let the white car in. Thta is when the cop rear-ended the bike.

If the bike had not let the white car in, that Bad-Cop could have easily pulled the bike over for not yielding to traffic, and allowing the white car room to pull into his lane.

Unfortunately this cop may have gotten away with it, this time. I would hope that a supervisor would view this video and have a hard talk with this bad cop. When any vehicle gets rear-ended, there is a 93.14159 % chance that the car in the back is at fault. This time, the cop was at fault, and he did what he could to blame the bike rider.

:backinmyday:

Oh, I don't deny the biker was within his legal rights to pass on the right, I was pointing out he passed a COP! I sometimes think it hurts their ego to see anyone pass them...

Also, I betcha the cop was pulling over into the right lane to follow and eventually pull the biker over. You were observant to the fact he was weaving.

The biker was definitely trying to give the hesitant car on the left some room. I have been involved in this same discussion on other much bigger motorcycle forums and it is amazing how many cops find excuses for the cops behavior. The last I heard the cop is on paid leave while they investigate. The rider handled it right by not being belligerent or he might have ended up arrested or shot.

That was a setup if I ever saw one. He passed him then he pulled way over to the right as if pulling over then swerved to the left and suddenly stopped.. He would be charged in CA and he will probably be charged in NV

:sign yeah that: Wasn't it convient that the rider had his camera running, and didn't start to split lanes even though he could have safely when all traffic was stopped. This one reeks...

Every profession has it's fair share of the worst human beings walking the face of this planet and no one can defend that, butt you can't paint one cop as all cops. I know more and more people putting dash cams on their vehicles for insurance / court purposes. In the end it's safe insurance.

:sign yeah that: Wasn't it convient that the rider had his camera running, and didn't start to split lanes even though he could have safely when all traffic was stopped. This one reeks...

Where was video recorded? If not in California lane splitting probably not legal.

Is splitting lanes legal in Nevada? I know some states don't allow it.

Set up or not, the cop would be at fault in MO because he was following to close to stop in time..

Guest HdHtr
That was a setup if I ever saw one. He passed him then he pulled way over to the right as if pulling over then swerved to the left and suddenly stopped.. He would be charged in CA and he will probably be charged in NV

Concur ... I'd run his dumb but over and issued the cite while he was laying under the squad.

I don't think it was a setup at all. I believe he was just giving the car room to move over as the traffic was slowing down even more. Traffic was slowing as they were coming to an intersection and eventually did stop.

The cop screwed up and showed his ass. I hope this is under review and the cop is being investigated. The rider was well within the lane and his only problem was having a cop behind him that was not paying attention and then tried to blame him. And, I feel the cop knew he was wrong and he tried to back away near the end of the rant.

For those saying this was a setup, I bet you would feel different if the cop ran into you.

RandyA

Cop says he could have written him a ****load of tickets....why didn't he? Isn't that what he is hired to do? He obviously was aware of his own mistake and was just too glad the rider was willing to walk away from the incident without reporting the incident, who was obviously intimidated by the cops aproach.

No idiot would do something like this on a motorbike on purpose. Setup?? yeah sure...some one might attempt such a thing in a cage, but why would they risk injury doing such a stupid thing on a bike and for what? He rode away didn't he? He might have taken action later on after consulting friends who might have gotten him to lay charges. Not sure if thats what happened or whether the police took it upon themselves to look into the incident after seeing the video on utube??

COP SUSPENDED TEMPORARILY WITH PAY! That's like rewarding the guy for his mistake..:bang head:

I hope the cop is written a '****load' of tickets and hope his insurance premiums shoot up like it does to us ornery folks.:backinmyday::rant:

First , as he is stopped is is practicing good lane control. He takes off but his lane does not move and he seems to be watching the squad and trying to get next to it. Next he is VERY aggressive to get next or in front of the squad. Once past he bolts to the right side (almost off the road) as if he is going to pull over and the squad has moved in behind him because of his aggressive/ riding . Now he wants to let someone over ?? and then swerves into the lane and locks up the brakes even though there is plenty of room and other traffic is still rolling and does not stop... I guess he could just be a really poor rider. But I doubt it.. :doh: