IGNORED

My Truck has a Boo Boo

SilvrT

Nina (my wife) was stopped at an intersection, waiting for the light to turn green.

She was heading West.

It turned green.

Before she had a chance to go, two vehicles collided in the intersection, one of which plowed into our truck.

What happened is, a person travelling south was stopped at their green waiting to turn left. They were not out in the intersection but still at the crosswalk.

The light changed and they proceeded to make the left turn. Totally illegal ... they should not have moved but rather, stayed at the crosswalk.

At the same time, another driver was heading north failed to stop for the red light and plowed into the left turning vehicle.

The impact caused one of the vehicles to careen into our truck... my wife... who had not even moved yet.

Point being I guess is, sometimes there isn't a damned thing you can do to avoid being hit.

So, y'all be careful out there at those interestions.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73085&stc=1

As long as Nina is safe

Unfortunately, she froze... stiffened up ... braced herself for the impact .... and now she's stiff and sore in a lot of places. Not the best thing to do but how does one know if you haven't been "schooled" (so to speak).

Thankfully it wasn't any worse. Don't know about the other two drivers but their vehicles sustained a considerable amount of damage ... I would think that one of them is a near write-off.

I am glad to hear that Nina is ok, but you had better be pampering that girl until she feels better.(Plus, its a good chance to build up those brownie points a bit for a later time....:) )

That sux about the truck, but it is easily fixed.

Brian

Truck is already at the body shop. Babe is relaxin to my massages ... and we're ridin in a new Kia Sorrento in the meantime! ... wooo

Really glad to hear that ya'll are okay.

By the way, where the heck do you hide your truck? I swear I do not remember seeing anything except for the tan Civic(?) [Cass's car] out front :think:

Admittedly I was pretty out of it so maybe I walked around it when I walked up your driveway...

Really glad to hear that ya'll are okay.

By the way, where the heck do you hide your truck? I swear I do not remember seeing anything except for the tan Civic(?) [Cass's car] out front :think:

Admittedly I was pretty out of it so maybe I walked around it when I walked up your driveway...

The garage has a hidden area that is well camouflaged ..... :whistling:

LOL.. actually, we park on the street in front of the house so that the downstairs tenant can get in or out with her car to the parking spot at the side of the house.

Considering you were "out of it" :stickpoke:, you probably can't remember that Nina wasn't home at the time you arrived (she was out shopping and had the truck) LOL

The garage has a hidden area that is well camouflaged ..... :whistling:

LOL.. actually, we park on the street in front of the house so that the downstairs tenant can get in or out with her car to the parking spot at the side of the house.

Considering you were "out of it" :stickpoke:, you probably can't remember that Nina wasn't home at the time you arrived (she was out shopping and had the truck) LOL

:doh::doh::doh:

So I did see it on my way out but I had not made the connection to it being yours. Nice looking truck!

Guest tx2sturgis

Those dang magnetic fenders!

:p

I'm glad shes ok...or certainly will be. Did she see a doctor yet?

Makes you appreciate the loved ones when you realize what could have happened.

:happy34:

Nina is not only good looking but tough, she has to be to put up with Rick. :whistling: Glad she is OK. When I got my new to me truck it did not have a mark on it. One week later a guy with a flatdeck put a crease down the right rear fender while the truck was parked. A couple weeks later a delivery truck put a dent in the same fender while the truck was parked. A couple months after that a woman nailed it on the same fender, while it was parked. About 4 months later some truck put a big scrape down the same fender, while it was parked. It has been about 8 months now and I am thinking I will get it fixed next spring, if nothing else happens.

Nina is not only good looking but tough, she has to be to put up with Rick. :whistling:

Ain't that the truth! :whistling:

When I got my new to me truck it did not have a mark on it. One week later a guy with a flatdeck put a crease down the right rear fender while the truck was parked. A couple weeks later a delivery truck put a dent in the same fender while the truck was parked. A couple months after that a woman nailed it on the same fender, while it was parked. About 4 months later some truck put a big scrape down the same fender, while it was parked. It has been about 8 months now and I am thinking I will get it fixed next spring, if nothing else happens.

Maybe you need to be driving it more... :stickpoke: :Laugh:

When we were looking for a van for Janet we test drove a lot of vehicles, most of which I could not even fit into. We were standing on a lot in Victoria when a Kia Sedona came in as a trade. We tried it out and it was great. I got a good deal on it as it was end of month and it had not even been on the lot for more than a few minutes, fast turn around. It is good quality and Janet loves it. Have had no problems with it.