IGNORED

A great buy (I think) on Maglite flashlights

Mel

I am a fan of Maglite flashlights. Never mind that I worked for them, and took my retirement from there. They are made 100% in the USA (Ontario, California) and I know how exacting the quality control is for everything from machining the aluminum to assembly of the finished product to packaging.

At one time Mr. Tony Maglica sent a bunch of lights (thousands, I think) to (hmmmm, was it Desert Storm?) troops because he had read that they didn't have adequate lights for night activities (machine maintenance, etc.). Didn't cost the military or the troops a dime.

They now have these AWSOME LED flashlights, but they are mostly very big $. Wait a minute----- check out Home Depot----- a combination LED 3D + a LED 2AA (with batteries, a non-roll device, and holster for the 2AA) for only $27.98. That's less than most places get for just the 3D LED flashlight. The 2AA LED can be more than $20.00 some places.

I got mine from the local store, also available on the internet. This link only shows it in black, but I think if you search around you might find the colors. I got blue.

http://www.homedepot.com/Maglite/h_d1/N-53xZ5yc1v/R-202550919/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

I have no dog in this fight, just sharing what I found to be a very good price on an outstanding MADE IN tHE USA product. And Home Depot still offers a 10% discount for military active/retiree/veteran.

If you might have an interest in reading about Mag Instrument's growth and history, here's a link:

http://www.maglite.com/company_aboutmag.asp

I saw that... it's not the LED one as posted by the OP. SKU's are different and so is the model #

LED item ...

Both lights offer a spot-to-flood LED beam

One you linked to ....

Both Flashlights offer a High Intensity light beam

I saw that... it's not the LED one as posted by the OP. SKU's are different and so is the model #

LED item ...

Both lights offer a spot-to-flood LED beam

One you linked to ....

Both Flashlights offer a High Intensity light beam

Thanks for pointing that out. I was going based on the item description.