IGNORED

Electronic Guru needed

Ok guys (n gals too) I have a CB that is now staying on 09 all the time. It was working fine up until a couple of days ago. Acts like the red button is pushed or stuck but I checked that and does not appear to be the case. I know that there is a fuse that keeps the memory working so when the fuse is gone the CD reverts to 09 and that has happened before but this time I can't get it off 09 at all... I also noticed in the top right corner of the glass is another small 09 which occassionally disappears.

Any ideas?

This may be waaayyyy out in left field but....

Back in the day when CBs were really hot, many manufacturers would add a function to switch directly to channel 9 as the emergency frequency. I remember some Johnson and Lafayette radios that had a button to go straight there, also others had a combo of buttons to put you on the emergency channel. Some radios also had a monitoring function that would watch channel 9 and if the squelch opened it would go straight there. Anyone got a programming/operators instructions for this antique??

Like I say this could be waaayyy off...

:detective:

Uhhh, swap it out with one of the spare CB's I have???/QUOTE]

Once again, I am so impressed at Bongobob's quick response to help out a fellow VentureRider. What a man! What a member! I think he deserves recognition!

I would suggest it's either the red button,,, keep playing with it, or one of the 'step' buttons is stuck. Poke away at them, add some contact cleaner and see what happens. And NO, we're not going to be on Ch 9.

That reminds me, mine don't work so good either,,, another thing to do on a rainy day.

....That reminds me, mine don't work so good either,,, another thing to do on a rainy day.

Looks like today is the day !

Or... drive over to the Yamaha dealer up the street from you and work out a deal on a new Venture ! Take Wayne with you too !

:rasberry:

Thats because you were not looking for the right model. The one you were looking for they stopped making almost 24 years ago

Brad

Thats right ... What Brad say's is very true ......They weren't selling enough repair parts so they had to come up with a newer model ...the second gen apparently fits the bill.

They weren't selling enough repair parts so they had to come up with a newer model

Yup your right had to give the parts away, can't charge someone for poor designs.

Give it up you old folks like to drive around on old things, makes you feel young. :backinmyday:

:stickpoke:

Brad