IGNORED

Would this work?

Godlover

I remember reading a long time ago on a forum that a good way to keep the brake and clutch fluid fresh is to use a turkey baster and suck out the fluid in the reservoirs every time you change oil. Just be certain you don't pull on the levers. Did I dream that or would that work on our Royal Stars? Just wondering......

If you have a vacuum bleeder, you can suck it dry, take a lint free cloth and clean the bowl out and refill it. Then go to the bleed port and suck the clean brake fluid through and whala, your all good to go......but a turkey baster with a small tip would work.

Guest scarylarry

I have done that and yes it does work, keep in mind though the lines still have dirty fluid in them...

I will pull mind out and with a lint free cloth wipe the reservoir out...DO NOT PULL ANY LEVERS....

I posted a tip on this a few years ago explaining how I use the pump for pumping gear oil into the lower end of my marine motors. It works like a charm and by pumping through a clear plastic hose from the bottom, you can see any bubbles and pump out any air bubbles in the clutch line.

You can also make a bleeder using a gatorade drink bottle and some 3/8" plastic line. Drill a hole in the cap just big enough to push the line through with a little force. Hook the line to the valve, loosen the cap, squeeze the air out of the bottle and tighten the lid while the bottle is collapsed. Crack the valve open and the vacuum will pull the fluid. Fellow students and I used this type set up on over thirty brake jobs in a two week period. The brake fluid did not eat through the bottles either.

what ever happened to the old coke bottle method :think:

fill glass coke bottle about 1/4 of the way stick a clear

hose on the caliper place the hose into the

coke bottle into the new fluid. and get the air

out of the lines while bleeding. guess that might

take forever tho :rolleyes: