I've heard 30 mpg, 35, and I've heard of a Venture getting 40 mpg.

Before the ignitech, I was getting 33-35 MPG. Now its 28-31 MPG with the ignitech. I haven't purified my Air Cleaner--again, its also a K&N. But what else? Is it something the Ignitech TCI is doing?

I KNOW 100% I am running RICHER than I should be, as I can hear the popping and firing in the H-Pipe in the lower RPMs (2-2.5) it cleans up, but I noticed I got 32 MPG ridding her in the high RPMs, vs the lower RPMs yesterday. I rode from Hanford to Madera, and coming back I had enough gas to 2 up my sister from Hanford to Tulare, filling up on Huston and 99's Shell Station.

I'd like to have my 35 back, or heck the 40 would be nice. I'm not going to take apart my carbs and chk the diaphragms, or sliders just yet... not until I've got replacements. Just in case they're the issue. Though She is running better now with the SeaFoam. Or am I hoping too much from the ol' Gal?

28~31 is pretty low for a stock 1300.

I sent you a PM, email me your file that is programed into the TCI.

I would think you should be in high 30's if you are riding it conservativley.

I got 35 out of mine on a fairly reasonable run last week, but it has a Vmax final drive & rear wheel, both of which will lower the MPG's. Several other things in there also that don't help mileage, but that wasn't what I was looking for as I was building this scooter.

Gary

My '86 is stock completely as far as I can tell....had some issues of late but running much, much better now....anyway....historically...I could count on aroud 42 mpg if I wasn't clowning to much and riding decent...I was kind of hoping it could do better than that...maybe 50...?:)

It also depends on the condition of the carbs, I replaced my Carb slider diaphragms and did a tune up and sync, and my gas mileage went up drastically. (plus the bike has not ran this good in the history of me owning it.)

Honestly, if you have never replaced the Slider Diaphragms, they have a good chance if needing replacement. Mine did not have any visible holes, but replacement made a huge difference.

My wife and I just got back from a 3500 mile trip. With the cruise locked on an indicated 75MPH (72 MPH on GPS), I usually got 40 MPG. On a couple of tanks when I was running slower in the Smokie mountains, I got about 45 MPG. The last tank on the way home, we picked up a strong headwind, and we got about 38 MPG. This was on my 89 Royale with 54,000 miles on the clock. I haven't checked the diaphrams yet, but they may have been done when the bike came out of storage 4 years ago (or maybe not). My 83 probably was a touch better on mileage, especially at lower speeds, but then I'd say that was because of the YICS and most everybody else says that it didn't have any effect.

Frank D.

My 84 is used primarily for a work commuter. 30 miles each way highway ranging 65-55 mph speed limits and about a dozen stoplights along the way. I have plugged idle jets and run the idle high (1500-1600) to run on the main jets and i'm getting 36-37 mpg regularly.

Guest Rev'n Ahead
My '86 is stock completely as far as I can tell....had some issues of late but running much, much better now....anyway....historically...I could count on aroud 42 mpg if I wasn't clowning to much and riding decent...I was kind of hoping it could do better than that...maybe 50...?:)

I'm riding a completely stock 84 1200 and got her out for the first run weekend before last. We did 1000km (620 miles) over the 3 days and averaged 43mpg (4.75 litres/100km). If my math is correct.

We ran consistently at 80-90kmh (55mph) at just around 3000rpm. I haven't checked since I'm back but it is much worse in and around town - that is for sure.

DOnt know if the first Gen and second Gen motors are all that close, but I had to "relearn" how to rid MY 09 RSV. I can off a v-twin and you could short shift it. This thing I had more than a couple people tell me to let it wind up especially from 3rd on up. Get some RPMs and it helped the fuel milage. I get around 37mpg on my 09.

I have an 83 with 153,000 miles on it that I don't baby and if I don't get at least 42mpg two up, I am disappointed. I put new diaphragms on a couple of years ago and did the washer mod on the needles and with the YICS blocked, I have gotten as good as 48mpg riding two up. I also don't have the rich smell like I did before the washer/shim mod. I am still running the stock TCI and could probably use a tune up.

I think that if you are getting in the low 30's and not routinely running 90mph, you have something wrong.

RandyA

Doing the nice and easy approach... got me 31.3 MPG. I just got a new IGN map for the Igni from Gary, thanks. Just uploaded it.

And yea, those Curves are much different, though didn't check that VMAX curve >.> those are VMAX curves >.> I haven't VMAXed the bike ;) but I'll check in a bit, laptop didn't seem to like visiting outside.

Just road the bike to work with the map Gary sent me and man it was a BLAST. Utterly SMOOTH, heck smoother than the stock tci when it came to bringing the engine up to speed.

Before if I revved heavy she'd stall somewhere something would catch up and there I go. Now its butter. I'm wondering if this maybe had a effect on the fuel intake

I do have a new question, Gary, when I loaded the Venture ign you sent me, the IAP bar stopped being filled, when I switched back to the one they sent, the bar fills O.o, the NUMBERS do change, but that bar IAP does not fill. I am using the one they sent me I can email THAT program tonight.

when i got my bike .. i went to boass al. i rode it home and i ran anywhere from 85 to 90 and i got 52 mpg

Took a me day on Sunday and went for a ride from Ottawa to Carleton Place to Renfrew to Bancroft and back to Ottawa via #7. Around 522km. Fist fill up in Eganville I got 50mpg or 5.65L/100km Very nice!! Second fill up I got 46.59 mpg or 6l/100km Nice!

Two weeks ago I took my wife and our rather large camper trailer to Kingston and back and got something like 38mpg I got better mileage on the secondary roads going 80 to 90km/h in 4th then doing 100-110 in 5th.

Gota love the Venture!

• 2 years later...