IGNORED

Harley pipes

Rodburner

Whats a reasonable price to pay for some Harley pipes and what does the bracket for mounting them to my venture sell for

Call me crazy, but I don't think there is a bracket to mount Harley pipes to a Venture on someones store shelf.

I think this may be a McGyver type project.

:think:

Gary

Got my brackets from a member here about 7 years ago but I have no clue

on who it was. some folks just make them. the road king pipes should be about 30 bucks

I have heard at some Harley dealers they throw the slash cuts in the dumpster

after the customer wants the real loud ones . look on ebay as well :080402gudl_prv:

I have a set of Road King pipes with the brackets and clamps. Yours free, all you have to do is pick them up. Looks like I'm a couple hours up the road from you.

I've tried louder pipes, but now I like the quiet. Some else got my Khromewerks cheap and these are just taking up space in my garage.

I have a set of Road King pipes with the brackets and clamps. Yours free, all you have to do is pick them up. Looks like I'm a couple hours up the road from you.

I've tried louder pipes, but now I like the quiet. Some else got my Khromewerks cheap and these are just taking up space in my garage.

Wow... what a deal. 125 mile ride and they're yours. Rob you're the man!!

First let me say this site is great. I just bought a 93 VR and im in the process of getting it running. Will the road king pipes fit it as well? Also is there anyone in north MS that works on the carbs of these bikes? I will pay for the help gladdly. I really want to ride this bike. Thanks and sorry for the tread jack:whistling:

Thanks guys a friend has some pipes he wants to sell just wanted to get an idea what they were going for, thought it was 50 or under ,and i remember someone sold the brackets on this site in the past (so your crazy dingy you asked for it):stickinouttounge: think i will go with making them thanks for all the help

Guest tx2sturgis

Just a note here.

Not ALL stock Harley touring mufflers are the same inside. Some even have different baffling on the left side than what is on the right side.

I PERSONALLY dont think its a good idea to have unpredictable restriction levels that differ from one side to the other. (Depending on the year and model, carbs, EFI, etc, the baffling may be different left to right because the Y pipe coming from the rear cylinder feeds the right side pipe along with the front cylinder, and the left side pipe only gets half of the rear cylinder output. But the factory balances the noise and the back-pressure to accomodate this, using two different baffle arrangements)

A Touring Harley (FL models) with 'true duals' should have the same baffling on both mufflers, but true duals cost money, either from the factory or the aftermarket, and unlikely to be resold cheap.

Newer models have a different arrangement and I'm not sure what is inside the newer muffers. But they are all pretty quiet with stock pipes.

But hey its YOUR bike.

I would either drill out the stock pipes OR buy some decent aftermarket pipes that are made for your bike.

Just my 2 :2cents:.

Edited by tx2sturgis