IGNORED

Question for the 'nam Vets

Black Owl

Just sitting here listening to a call in show on the radio taking calls from in-country 'nam vets. During the calls, a common theme developed which got me curious.

How many of you still carry a P38.

I still do and would really feel naked without it.

:15_8_211[1]:

Black Owl,

I am not a Viet Nam Vet, served just afterwards. Active duty 1977-79 USMC, SD Army National Guard 1980-93! I still have a few around yet. I do have one in the tool kit on the bike. A very handy thing to have around.

Semper Fi!

Dave

I served in the Army during Vietnam. I was stateside the whole time. I was in charge of G3 range control at Ft. Bragg, NC. There we were responsible for the training of artillery, small arms fire, parachute jumping, jet fighter close air support training, helicopter training, etc before they went to Vietnam. The restricted area was R5311 and was the busiest restricted area east of the Mississippi River. During my basic training at Ft. Polk, LA I was issued a P-38. That was 1972 and it has been on my key chain ever since. I also carry my dog tag in my wallet.:thumbsup2:

Kept one for a long time but couldn't carry it into Prison. C-Rats Ham& Lima beans. Every body hated them and I loved them. Worked out GREAT!! Steel pot and about three cans of those and I was good to go!!

The only C-rat I definitely could not, would not eat, were those eggs. YUK! 73-87RA 89-96ALARNG.

:D