IGNORED

U.P. of mich. for a day.suggestions needed!!

j_berg

Keweenaw Peninsula, If I had only a day to ride it would be all day there. Take 41 North out of Houghton-Hancock to 26 towards Eagle River and ride along the shore line to Cooper Harbor. (best road in Michigan) then back down thru the woods on 41. Plenty to do and see.

Keweenaw Peninsula, If I had only a day to ride it would be all day there. Take 41 North out of Houghton-Hancock to 26 towards Eagle River and ride along the shore line to Cooper Harbor. (best road in Michigan) then back down thru the woods on 41. Plenty to do and see.

Jeff, this is the place I mentioned Saturday. Really nice ride. Another decent place is on the Lake Michigan side. Fayette State Park is at the end of the finger extending from Manistique. There is an old (Civil War time) steel mill that is being restored (it may be done by now). Really cool to walk around. Views are nice too. The roads aren't as fun as the Keweenaw Peninsula, but it's not as far either.

If you really want to give your bride a thrill, take her across the Mackinaw Bridge.

RR

Anyone have any suggestions on where to ride in the U.P. of Mich.Only have 1-1/2 days to ride tho.Not looking so much for stops but nice roads and views. thanks

Which end are you starting from, Lower Peninsula or Wisconsin? I went from Mackinaw to Keewenaw in a day and a half and felt rushed.

Dave

/ Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Which end are you starting from, Lower Peninsula or Wisconsin? Dave

He'd be coming from and returning to Wisconsin I believe.

Dave, in case you didn't know, if you press and hold on somebodie's post on Tapatalk, you get a list of options, including author profile with location data and everything else.;)

Copper Harbor......:thumbsup2:

Are you sure the snow has melted up there!!?? That part of the country is in my bucket list. One of these days...

Grump & I stopped in at Yooper's, on our way to Ontario, prior to Big Tom's & your place.

If you do Copper Harbor don't miss Brockway Mountian Drive.

Ya that too. Awesome view there.:thumbsup2: Check out Lake of the Clouds in the Porcupine Moutains Wilderness State Park off of highway 107 as well . That view is as good or better as Brockway Mountain and getting there is a fun ride too.

Larry

Edited by Carbon_One

Which end are you starting from, Lower Peninsula or Wisconsin? I went from Mackinaw to Keewenaw in a day and a half and felt rushed.

Dave

When I lived in Marquette, I rode from Marquette, around the keewanaw and back and felt rushed! (Granted the temperature started off at 60 and continued to drop until about half way through the ride when it started to snow... The chickie at the time didn't really like that all that much :snow2:)

My recommendation would be that ride - no doubt about it. You do not have to ride all the way around the perimeter though. You could cut off a big chunk of time by riding up on US 41 then back down around one of the edges (or vise versa). BUT, either way, it is QUITE nice.

I was always partial to Lake Superior and that shoreline over Lake Michigan. That crystal clear water, the big waves and the fact that it is oh so fricken warm... Yeah - good stuff :) :thumbsup2:

You;ll be in Yoopers Part of the country give us a call i was just close to there last Sat went to the Calumet pasty contest, Connies was the best and b $ 4.00 good deal. Beds here also, Rod & Rocket were here thought Rod was going to take my lazy boy from the garage with him when they left. Venture riders and Venturers are always welcome to this home and we got good cook with the summer off of work when shes happy both of us are happy. Yooper has his 3rd anual Yooper rally here in Ish on Aug 4th to the 7th all are welcome from both sight, Freindships are priceless. 73 Yoop----# 906-361-0309

In 1979 we (my wife-at-that-time and I) took my brand new XS1100 from Toledo up through the UP, over to Wisconsin and looped down through Illinois and Indiana back to Toledo. We went the last week of July and the first week of August.

1) Wish I still had that motorcycle. Eventually traded it for '84 VR that I rode 'till 2004.

2) Stayed overnight in Marquette (remember the time of year?) and it got down to

32 deg. F overnight, frosty in the morning.

3) Lake Superior water was so cold that we waded out up to about our ankles then

got the heck out of the water.

4) It was a beautiful trip. Visited Copper Harbor and Taq. falls, saw lots of wildlife, black

bears, etc. As I remember it, the Taq. River is brown colored due to tannic acid from

some trees in the area.

One of the more memorable trips of several made back when a motorcycle was just a motorcycle. Enjoy your trip!!!

we may have to take you up on that.wont know till next week what i'm actualy going to have off for work. Hoping to leave sometime friday july 22 and get up that way. ride all day saturday and need tobe home by 3:30pm sunday.