IGNORED

Rear speaker replacement?

I seem to remember a post about pulling off the black adhesive strips on the rear armrests to get to the screws that hold the rear pods together. Is this the way to get to the speakers or do I start by removing the screws in the trunk to remove the pods?

Thanks in advance,

I seem to remember a post about pulling off the black adhesive strips on the rear armrests to get to the screws that hold the rear pods together. Is this the way to get to the speakers or do I start by removing the screws in the trunk to remove the pods?

Thanks in advance,

If memory serves me right, that is correct.

You can take a hair dryer and heat the black adhesive strips up to ease thier removal..

You can also "page down" to the bottom of this page, and read other posts about rear speakers and you might find some good info there.. :thumbsup2:

I looked at the other posts earlier with a search but could not find the info I remember seeing sometime before. I had forgot about the hair dryer trick though and now that rings a bell. Now if I can keep from scratching things up....

Thanks again,

I had forgot about the hair dryer trick though and now that rings a bell.

You can use the hair dryer to re-install the black adhesive piece too...:whistling:

This might be of help too..

You will need to remove items: 75,59,52, 74, 35, 43, 76, 67, 70 and a couple more things which I'm sure you can figure out by the picture..

Good luck!

http://www.venturerider.org/private/RSVparts.pdf

• 1 year later...

:Venture:Does anyone else have problems with there rear speakers. I have an 07 and they always sound blown. I just had it replaced by the dealer with the exact same thing and it did not go away.

They just stuck right back on, no problem, at least this time. Hope the fronts sound better when I change them this week, the new Polks in the rear did not make a great deal of difference.

I would like to upgrade my rear speakers(probaly blown) but only if i'm going to hear the difference, I don't have the budget to do it twice . I've seen mixed reveiws on Polk, are their any other choices? Would any "outdoor" speaker the right size stand up to the wind / rain ? Don't want to try a cheap fix just to have to do it again. I'd rather not have speakers in my helmet so for now I just leave the radio off.

If they are blown, you are probably getting some buzzing so new speakers would be a big improvement. I honestly believe though that when going down the road, most of the sound you hear is from the front speakers. The Polks are about as good as any in my opinion. I'm not real happy with any that I've tried. They simple need to be BIGGER but there is no room for bigger ones.

I also have the Polk Audio speakers. They sound somewhat better, better low end (considering its a 4 inch speaker) and better high end. YOu may need to increase the volume setting a bit from where you did with stock speakers, but in my opinion they sound better. Especially the front speakers as they have a larger cavity behind them. The rears are mounted in a very small space and the cones can't move as freely as they probably should.

Hhmmm..... that gives me a bit of an idea. Wonder if I could drill some holes (ports) in a non exposed area for those rear speakers.

Spaceman

In my opinion, better speakers won't make much of difference. The amplifier is just not strong enough to provide the volume without clipping. Probably your best bet is to upgrade the front speakers and set the fader to drive only the front.

In my opinion, better speakers won't make much of difference. The amplifier is just not strong enough to provide the volume without clipping. Probably your best bet is to upgrade the front speakers and set the fader to drive only the front.

I'll have to agree with you there.. I swapped mine out for the Polks and meh.. if anything the sound is nicer when you're parked but at speeds who can notice? Overall volume is a wee lower in my opinion.. I'd LOVE louder though.. blast through the wind noise..

No worries..