IGNORED

HEY FOLKS....is it time for a CONTEST?

Freebird

I'm thinking that maybe it's time for another contest. What do you think? Any ideas?

As you know, we are a listed club at the New Enough website.

http://www.newenough.com/

Not only do they have great products, service and prices but when you buy from them, you have the option during checkout to choose VentureRiders as your club of choice. Every time you do that, they make a small donation into our account there. Over time it does add up a bit and then we can use it for rally prizes, contests, etc.

So, it's time for a contest to give away some of the money...most of the money...that we have in our account there. So, how about a $100.00 gift certificate from New Enough for a lucky winner. :)

So....all we have to do is come up with a contest. I've had a few thoughts but am open to your suggestions. What do you think?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may also notice that I've added the NewEnough banner to the top of our forum. It will alternate with the RMSPortmax banner. PLEASE UNDERSTAND....I am getting NOTHING from New Enough. If you make a purchase from them and designate VentureRiders as your chosen club during checkout, our members will be the ones who benefit in the way of prizes, gift certificates, etc.

A HUGE thanks to New Enough for their support of our club. :clap2:

Don,

You do to much for us already but that is a good idea.

How about the most loving wife contest.

Your wife should win it hands down.Your always on the road - Your always on the computer - You work sleepless nights - and your always going into the pond,sorry had to say it.:)

:rotf:

buddy

P.S. FreeBird Godbless

That's a fun idea. Of course it would completely rule me out because I've never done ANYTHING stupid. :whistling:

I was think along those same lines, only I don't do enough of my own work yet to do anything real stupid. :confused24: But I am learning, so there's hope for stupid stuff.:think:

That's a fun idea. Of course it would completely rule me out because I've never done ANYTHING stupid. :whistling:

I thought it was a good idea, but Don in order for you to win the contest it would have to be the "stupid toys we own" Of course we never do anything stupid.

:sign20:

I am sure I could be typing for a long time with my short list of dumb things.

Brad

Choose a day this month.

All entries for the day must have a picture of their odometer posted in the thread via attachment between two times you (Freebird) specify.

Finished pic of odometer must be posted as an attachment, again at a deadline of your choosing.

Whoever rides their RSV the most miles that particular day wins.

:D

There is a bit of an honor thing since you cannot actually say "start" to all of us. ;)

How about guessing where LA will make his next stop...

LA is always on the road.. we could all try to guess his next move/stop.

However, whoever he calls (or stops at), for the night are eliminated from this contest for that day/ night..and further more, can not be included in his NEXT stop.

I can coordinate this with LA, and explain to him that he can not tell anyone where he will be going next.

Whatever members home he stops at (or calls) can not enter this contest for that night or his next move.

Whenever LA makes one of his contest stops...he uses the members computer and says where he is.

Example:

Like last night, LA called me. He WAS in Huntsville.

He is now on his way to NC to see his cousin for a couple days..

Now just knowing this excludes me from this contest.

Once LA leaves NC, I am still out of the contest since I have an idea on where he is heading next...(barber museum, Birmingham) to my Alabama meet & eat...

Again, I am out of the contest and can not post my guess.

Once LA leaves from the meet & eat, Im back in the contest since I do not know where he is going next.

I can coordinate the contest rules with LA at my meet & eat, so he does not tell me or anyone where he will be going next..once he gets where he is going, he uses a computer and posts where he is at. Whoever guess that place wins. If no one guessed that place, the contest is still on until someone does guess his next move.

:thumbsup2:

How about voting for the best stupid gearhead story - stupid things that you've done while working on your bike, car, or something else in the garage.

I JUST WON! WHAT'S DUMBER THAN GOING TIGHT INSTEAD OF LOOSE!!

"Thank you, thank you. You like me, you really like me..." :whistling:

How about guessing where LA will make his next stop...

LA is always on the road.. we could all try to guess his next move/stop.

However, whoever he calls (or stops at), for the night are eliminated from this contest for that day/ night..and further more, can not be included in his NEXT stop.

I can coordinate this with LA, and explain to him that he can not tell anyone where he will be going next.

Whatever members home he stops at (or calls) can not enter this contest for that night or his next move.

Whenever LA makes one of his contest stops...he uses the members computer and says where he is.

Example:

Like last night, LA called me. He WAS in Huntsville.

He is now on his way to NC to see his cousin for a couple days..

Now just knowing this excludes me from this contest.

Once LA leaves NC, I am still out of the contest since I have an idea on where he is heading next...(barber museum, Birmingham) to my Alabama meet & eat...

Again, I am out of the contest and can not post my guess.

Once LA leaves from the meet & eat, Im back in the contest since I do not know where he is going next.

I can coordinate the contest rules with LA at my meet & eat, so he does not tell me or anyone where he will be going next..once he gets where he is going, he uses a computer and posts where he is at. Whoever guess that place wins. If no one guessed that place, the contest is still on until someone does guess his next move.

:thumbsup2:

Thats Nice Eck, but sun LA will be grounded to few southern states. I Don't think so he will ride trough northern states over winter. too much fresh air.

My suggestion is to Yama Mama , and MiniM, make clue contest :detective:

they will come up with something I'm sure, so everybody can play.

Just my 2c

Howzabout a list of, oh maybe 50 trivia questions related to Star, Yamaha or motorcycles in general. First one in with 50 correct answers wins. Some that come to mind...

This company dropped the "r" from motorcycle and used Motocycle in their name for 30 years.

What was the name of the first Honda motorcycle

What kind of motorcycle did Ponch and John ride in CHiPs

Etc.

Thats Nice Eck, but sun LA will be grounded to few southern states. I Don't think so he will ride trough northern states over winter. too much fresh air.

Dont really matter if he is "challenged in travel" during the winter months. You would STILL have to guess where he would go next....

Hey, come on, it was just a suggestion now......maybe a bad one, but look bud, you get off me, just leave me alone ,quit pickin on me, go have another beer, take a hike..take a ride, better yet take a hike, Go pick on someone your own size. Quit bulling me around.

Im sick of it you big bad northern bully you.....:buttkick:

Let me make a fuzzy thong ! Pass it around to all the VR women and they try it on for fit . They send photos wearing it sitting on the scoot and the judges judge which has the best fit . Just like Cinderella's glass slipper (no pun intended , Cindy). Or we just take a photo minus the head , sitting on the scoot and who guess the correct lady wearing the thong wins . :rotf::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Or just tell me I'm 3 sheets to the wind today ,

Beer30

Let me make a fuzzy thong ! Pass it around to all the VR women and they try it on for fit . They send photos wearing it sitting on the scoot and the judges judge which has the best fit . Just like Cinderella's glass slipper (no pun intended , Cindy). Or we just take a photo minus the head , sitting on the scoot and who guess the correct lady wearing the thong wins . :rotf::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Beer30

30 Beers maybe:rasberry:

I figured you would want to have a contest to see who could have the most leather added to their bike.:rotf::whistling:

Beer30

Then we need a contest to be named an official judge!

That would leave quite a few people out who dont own RSV's.......

Hmmmm....yeah...shoulda typed Venture instead. :) My mistake. :sign brain fart:

But I think everyone knew what I meant. ;)

My new contest idea is a picture contest voted on by the Moderators here. Rider submit a photo of their VENTURE (:) ). The one that captures the judges eye the best wins. However, this will excluded those Mods who help keep this site what it is. May not be really fair to leave them out of the prize...