IGNORED

Performance upgrades

I am looking for some performance upgrades and can't find much. I woudl like to try and get more power from my bike. Any kind of bolt ons? Engine parts? etc. I have the K&Ns.

I was looking at this.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/Barons_Torque_Master_Royal_Star_Tour_Deluxe_Ve_p/ba-2130vn.htm

Anybody have this? Just not sure exactly what it does or how well it fits or what else would need to be done. Or if it is even worth it.

OK by the looks of them I'm thinking they promote bell effect for the intake air which provides scavenger effect and may also reduce the total air intake by reducing the diameter and in turn make the mixture slightly richer but I'm not sure on that. I'm sure promoting bell effect will have some sort of positive effect but I doubt you would notice it...

The best bolt on upgrades you could do for and 2nd gen would be the Vmax read gear swap, the Dyna3000 TCI so you can up the rev limiter. And then a clutch upgrade so there isn't any slippage. The Vmax gear change will make you think you have a totally different bike. That's just my 2 cents.

Watched a show measure of adding a "tornado" , then a throttle body, then air filter to a dodge truck. They measured hp before and after and the only measured benefit was the air filter and it really wasn't that much. snake oil

I am looking for some performance upgrades and can't find much. I woudl like to try and get more power from my bike. Any kind of bolt ons? Engine parts? etc. I have the K&Ns.

I was looking at this.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/Barons_Torque_Master_Royal_Star_Tour_Deluxe_Ve_p/ba-2130vn.htm

Anybody have this? Just not sure exactly what it does or how well it fits or what else would need to be done. Or if it is even worth it.

I agree. Snake Oil. I saw an independent test of these type products and NONE of them did anything. Some actually hurt performance and gas mileage. The test I read was in Popular Science and tested similar products in cars, not motorcycles. The theory was the same though.

The best bolt on upgrades you could do for and 2nd gen would be the Vmax read gear swap, the Dyna3000 TCI so you can up the rev limiter. And then a clutch upgrade so there isn't any slippage. The Vmax gear change will make you think you have a totally different bike. That's just my 2 cents.

I agree with this 100%. These changes are the absolute best bang for the buck.

Sorry. Forgot to include in my first post that the clutch has been done as well as I believe the Dyna3000 (I think done by previous owner). So on my short list will be the Vmax rear swap. Will I need to upgrade anything else if I do the swap? Sorry I am sure I could also search for that so if anybody feels like answering, thanks. If not I guess I can stop being lazy and look it up myself.

The VMAX rear is a direct swap IF you get it from the right place. If you just buy a VMAX rear, it is not machined for the speedometer sensor. You either much have it drilled and machine or you have to remove the gears and put them in your RSV housing. Doing that requires some skill that most don't have and also some special tools.

I think the best way is to buy it from http://www.rmsportmax.com/

That's where I and many here bought theirs and it is a direct swap.

The VMAX rear is a direct swap IF you get it from the right place. If you just buy a VMAX rear, it is not machined for the speedometer sensor. You either much have it drilled and machine or you have to remove the gears and put them in your RSV housing. Doing that requires some skill that most don't have and also some special tools.

I think the best way is to buy it from http://www.rmsportmax.com/

That's where I and many here bought theirs and it is a direct swap.

Is this it?

MAX-Venture Rear Gearing

Tired of having to shift to 4th, or even sometimes 3rd, to get the passing power from your 86up Venture? Does 2up, a trailer, sidecar, or just lots of gear, take the 'wind out of the sails', and make U wish for more power?

MAX-VENTURE gears put U back in the 'sweet spot' of the powerband, for MAX efficiency, and better mileage to boot! Make high gear the real TOP gear for your RS/Venture, and no motor mods necessary... (this swap will not void any YAM warranty)

In fact, many MAX-VENTURE users report MORE benefit from the improved gearing, than many of the (usually more expensive) performance mods they had already done!!!

This is a SIMPLE mod (one step past a tire/wheel change) with a BIG benefit!!!

Make the MOST of your Ventures' power, stock or modified, with MAX-VENTURE gears!

Polished or black powdercoated add - $80.00

$300. Max-Venture Rear Gears

*S&H:

*US S&H (ground) - $10

.+(exchange)

Stateside Shipping:

$25 Ground

$40 Priority Mail (2-3 days)

$60 Overnight

*Avail. outright, with an additional $300. Core charge, completely refundable, when the old rear end is returned in serviceable condition

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to the site and being a venture owner. I purchased a used 2007 venture and it has the upgraded ignition but I was wondering how I could determine if the bike already had the vmax rear upgrade. I purchased the bike from a large used bike dealer and they didn't have an answer for me.

I am new to the site and being a venture owner. I purchased a used 2007 venture and it has the upgraded ignition but I was wondering how I could determine if the bike already had the vmax rear upgrade. I purchased the bike from a large used bike dealer and they didn't have an answer for me.

One way would be to remove speed sensor on rear diff, you will see pinion gear just inside of sensor tip. Mark one of the teeth on the pinion gear with sharpie, then rotate rear wheel and count teeth on pinion gear. Stock has 10, VMax has 9.

Gary

Thanks for the feed back, that sounds simple enough to check. What kind of RPM change do you see at highway speed?

I'm really enjoying the bike so far but would like to make it a little faster, I have been running a warrior since 04 with full stage IV kit and exhaust with NOS so this bike is a huge change for me!