IGNORED

Need a pic of the sub-passenger wiring.

Condor

The only thing I have left to do is get this dang trailer wired up before leaving for Cody. If anyone could pop the passenger seat off their bike and take a pic of their wiring it would sure help a bunch. I have a Motorvation trailer that has a 5 wire setup directly from the factory so I don't think I need any type of converter, and I do have the RSV wire color chart. Has anyone wired a 5 to 5 wire?? Another thing I'm runing into is the wire guage at the 6 way plug under the seat. Looks like 18ga on my '99, but yet when I get behind the brake light the wires are the more larger 14ga size. Yes, I did look behind the light just to see what was available. I just thought a pic would help me a bunch.... Any help would be appreciated.

Since I have a 4-wire trailer, I did need a converter, but I hooked mine in to the connections behind the license tag.

If all else fails I just might jury rig the wiring behind the brake to at least get stop and running lights. The heck with flashers for the time being. A pic would still help tho??

Condor

There was a company that I bought a sub-harness from for the 5 wire and it had a 4 wire tail that you can plug in directly to the 5 wire subharness, all this done under the seat. I have all mine taped up. I just followed the instructions that came with harness.

At the tail end is a 5 wire plug that either a 4 or 5 from a trailer can be used.

By carrier that fits into the hitch is 5 wire, but I have pulled someone trailer that was 4 wire, so I plugged the converter under seat.

If I can find the receipt I will post it later.

Ok found the receipt and here is the link

http://www.mchitch.com/Wiring_Harness.htm.

I will send you a pm too.

Thanks for the info George. I think I'll go that direction. This 6 wire plug under the seat just doesn't make any sense. There 6 going in and four coming out the other side. And I'll be damned if I can find a yellow wire anywhere???

Even though you are going from 5 wire to 5 wire I would still consider using a converter/isolator. As you noted the wiring on the bike is very small, the converter/isolator pulls power from the battery for the trailer lights. This way it does not mess with the bikes systems and any electrical failure on the trailer will not take out the bikes fragile electrical systems.

Even though you are going from 5 wire to 5 wire I would still consider using a converter/isolator. As you noted the wiring on the bike is very small, the converter/isolator pulls power from the battery for the trailer lights. This way it does not mess with the bikes systems and any electrical failure on the trailer will not take out the bikes fragile electrical systems.

I am going with the unit SleeperHawk suggested. And I found part of my problem. In all the posts I've read on RSV trailer wiring they said they tied into the wiring underneath the passenger seat. So that's where I looked, and there is a 6 pin connector under there. It had some of the right color wires, but not all of them. It was driving me nutzo. So then I got up underneath the rear end and saw that the wiring from the brake light and signals went forward underneath the fender. Then I went forward and found were they exited the fender, and the damn plug is is located next to the battery and the spare power lead, and all the 'right' color wires were there. The other 6 pin plug is probably for the CB...... @#$#@$. So... tomorrow I'm ordering the isolator and adapter from the company Sleeper used, and see if they'll ship it overnight. I need to get this thing done, and wish I hadn't put it of for so long. The clock is ticking.... :scorched:

If you can't get the converter in time you can always use relays.

If they can't get it here in time I'll have them ship it to Kurt in Cody. I'll try to fly under the radar without lighting. All of the riding will be during daylight hours on I-80. Not many stops or turns.... :)