Thread: The New Kawasaki Voyager

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The New Kawasaki Voyager

Hey can any tell me what they think of this article for Kawasaki, making the claim that it's new Voyager is the first Japanese full Dress V-Twin?

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...ger-86899.html

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hhhmmmm it may be, as the Venture is a Full Dress V4... I don`t know about others... That new bike is nothing more then a Nomad with a bigger motor, trunk and a fairing...

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    Hey can any tell me what they think of this article for Kawasaki, making the claim that it's new Voyager is the first Japanese full Dress V-Twin?

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...ger-86899.html

I'm not really sure what your point is. As far as I know it is the first Full Dress Jap V twin.
    Maybe I'm mistaken though.-Jack

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ok could be wrong

You have a point...1st night back to work about 2 in the morning and not all brain cells firing at once.

United States
    TX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever they want to call it, I'll say it missed the mark. We went to the bike show last weekend in Novi MI. and I sat on one of them. We may think that our RSV's are antiquated, but the Voyager has only 2 speakers in the front. It also doesn't have the fit and finish that the Venture has. There are a lot of plastic pieces that compose the front upper and lower fairing. I also noticed strait out that some of the plastic pieces still had the molding lines from when it was extruded...it just looks cheap.

The saddlebags were VERY flimsy and the hindge assy left a lot to be desired with tolerances. I opened the rear trunk and there is a cable that keeps the lid from over extending. It's not user friendly as it obstructs the useable cargo space of the trunk.

This is just me, but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that I would buy one of the Voyagers to replace my RSV
    Gunboat....I eagerly await the day we can ride together again, Godspeed my brother

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squidley View Post
    Whatever they want to call it, I'll say it missed the mark. We went to the bike show last weekend in Novi MI. and I sat on one of them. We may think that our RSV's are antiquated, but the Voyager has only 2 speakers in the front. It also doesn't have the fit and finish that the Venture has. There are a lot of plastic pieces that compose the front upper and lower fairing. I also noticed strait out that some of the plastic pieces still had the molding lines from when it was extruded...it just looks cheap.

The saddlebags were VERY flimsy and the hindge assy left a lot to be desired with tolerances. I opened the rear trunk and there is a cable that keeps the lid from over extending. It's not user friendly as it obstructs the useable cargo space of the trunk.

This is just me, but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that I would buy one of the Voyagers to replace my RSV

I completely concur. I saw it yesterday at the show in DC and was very disappointed. The specs on paper looked good, but not in person.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gonna see it next week in NYC...............guess I won't be impressed either

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing in the article that stood out to me was that is would be priced to compete with the H-D Ultra. That says, "Priced WAY too high!" to me.

BluesLover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Squidley View Post

Well said Brad. I too saw it at the Novi Show and was not impressed. And, at US$18K it is - IMHO - way overpriced.

Cheers,
    Last edited by BluesLover; 01-11-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's the MP3 player etc. that makes it a full dresser.
    Do it now, before you forget again.
    Register today

Rally@the Shores
    July 16-19th 2020

United States
    UT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Honda Silverwing??

This is utadventure's son and I own a '82 Honda Silverwing. It is a V-Twin tour bike so I'm sure that this bike is a little late to claim that title. =)

tx2sturgis Guest

Exclamation touring japanese vtwins are NOT new

Quote Originally Posted by utadventure View Post
    This is utadventure's son and I own a '82 Honda Silverwing. It is a V-Twin tour bike so I'm sure that this bike is a little late to claim that title. =)
    I was gonna post the same response. I have a freind who rides his Honda V-twin Silver Wing everywhere. I might just have to get a picture of it!

http://motoprofi.com/motospecspictur...ing-1982.html#

Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 1986 voyager and when I looked at the new one at the Calagry mc show I thought they should have kept the name plate in retirement. I was not impressed enough to even sit on it and as far as I am concerned they ruined the nomad also.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoyinMS View Post
    The thing in the article that stood out to me was that is would be priced to compete with the H-D Ultra. That says, "Priced WAY too high!" to me.
    What you said!

I find the HD over - priced. And they have the HD name to rely on. Metrics don't seem to have the following that is willing to pay extra just for the name.

After buying a new 2007 last June, I have been anxiious to sit on one and even consider replacing my V4 to return to the 'potato-potato' sound. But after falling in love with my Venture and the more I read about the Voyager, I'm thinking that I will hold on to my Venture for a while.

craigr

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did alot of research when we bought our 08 rsv and they came out with the new kaw after I bought it but I havent seen one yet, from what I am hearing from everyone I am so glad I bought our rsv and plan on ridding it for a very long time!! I cant wait to see the new stuff at the next show in the Indy area but I dont believe there is a better bike for us than what we have and I dont think I could get her off the couch in the back for one of the otheres.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast