IGNORED

Heading to Southern IN

Leadwolf56

We're headed to Southern IN on Saturday with 93 Venture and his wife. We'll be staying in Corydon Saturday and Sunday night. Looking forward to riding some good roads in that area and into Kentucky. Anyone in the area wanting to ride Saturday late afternoon or Sunday let us know.

If you decide to foray down into central Ky the wife and I would ride along with you a bit, ride to Natural Bridge, or Red River Gorge if you wished. She injured her knee a couple weeks back and still is not hobbling around so good, so our riding would likely be limited to a couple hundred miles or less.

Unfortunately, we've already got plans to go back over to Mohican State Forest in Ohio this weekend, but I've been wanting to ride down there for a long time. Hope you guys have fun.

BTW Darrel, make sure you slow down enuff so Kevin can keep up with ya'!!!!!!

Have a great ride,

Dan

We're headed to Southern IN on Saturday with 93 Venture and his wife. We'll be staying in Corydon Saturday and Sunday night. Looking forward to riding some good roads in that area and into Kentucky. Anyone in the area wanting to ride Saturday late afternoon or Sunday let us know.

What a coinky-dink! 4 or 5 of our gang are going down to Madison, In for the long weekend. Staying there Saturday and Sunday nights. We're planning on riding to Bardstown, Ky on Sunday to go to the Olde Talbot Tavern....what a great place! We were there a year ago and had so much fun we decided to go back. Saturday afternoon we'll wind back up toward the river, may actually pass through the Corydon area. If I see ya comin' I'll do something to get your attention.

Have a great time, Kevin. We hit that area in late June, really love it around there.

Joe

PS....If you're interested in riding down to Bardstown and kickin around with us for the day on Sunday, let me know. It would fun!

Edited by FreezyRider
Additions

If you decide to foray down into central Ky the wife and I would ride along with you a bit, ride to Natural Bridge, or Red River Gorge if you wished. She injured her knee a couple weeks back and still is not hobbling around so good, so our riding would likely be limited to a couple hundred miles or less.

Hi Bob,

Don't know if we'll get over your way or not. That is beautiful country there, I lived in Lexington and in Paris for awhile in the early 90s. If not this time we will be back down, if not this fall then next spring or early summer.

Kevin,

Send me some details on your ride. I'll have to talk to Ruthie about it since she wants me to get a new suit for my daughters wedding. Seems mine have shrunk! :o

I should be able to get down there for one day.

Hey Bob,

Probably not shrunk in the length huh? Just around the waist maybe? :hurts:

You could just get the suit on Friay and you and Ruth could join us Saturday and sunday, it's only :mo money:. I'll PM you after awhile.

What a coinky-dink! 4 or 5 of our gang are going down to Madison, In for the long weekend. Staying there Saturday and Sunday nights. We're planning on riding to Bardstown, Ky on Sunday to go to the Olde Talbot Tavern....what a great place! We were there a year ago and had so much fun we decided to go back. Saturday afternoon we'll wind back up toward the river, may actually pass through the Corydon area. If I see ya comin' I'll do something to get your attention.

Have a great time, Kevin. We hit that area in late June, really love it around there.

Joe

PS....If you're interested in riding down to Bardstown and kickin around with us for the day on Sunday, let me know. It would fun!

Hey Joe,

That sounds interesting. I'll let you know for sure.

So what time on Saturday? I have a full schedule in the morning but may be able to get away in the late afternoon.

We haven't set a time to leave yet but knowing Darrin it won't be real early. I would guess we'd be in the area around 2:00pm or so. I'll let you know when we decide what time we're leaving.

BTW Darrel, make sure you slow down enuff so Kevin can keep up with ya'!!!!!!

I don't THINK so Dan, remember, last weekend Bob had to slow down so Darrin could keep up. I still think he should just cough up the money and buy my 90......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Have fun in Ohio, we'll have to try that sometime.

Beautiful sweepers along most roads around there, about 20 miles east-southeast from Mansfield. You guys have fun.

Dan

BTW, I was 2up with my son going to Louisvile with Bob, I let him take the lead so he wouldn't fall too far behind me!!!!!!

Irene and I are going down and riding the Ohio River Road looking for ice cream and a restaurant as part of planning a late September or October Meet & Eat in that area. We'll probably be in the Corydon area by 11ish. We expect to be at Emery's Ice Cream Parlor, 112 W Walnut St, Corydon at around 4 or so. We're planning on having lunch at The Dock in Leavenworth, then going by Tell City on the long way back.

We're leaving here by 9am, which is pretty much three hours or so ahead of you guys. Maybe we can meet up at the Ice Cream Parlor? Otherwise I'm afraid we'll have to just wave this time.

Sorry. Wish we'd known you were planning this (and vice-versa I imagine.)

Irene and I are going down and riding the Ohio River Road looking for ice cream and a restaurant as part of planning a late September or October Meet & Eat in that area. We'll probably be in the Corydon area by 11ish. We expect to be at Emery's Ice Cream Parlor, 112 W Walnut St, Corydon at around 4 or so. We're planning on having lunch at The Dock in Leavenworth, then going by Tell City on the long way back.

We're leaving here by 9am, which is pretty much three hours or so ahead of you guys. Maybe we can meet up at the Ice Cream Parlor? Otherwise I'm afraid we'll have to just wave this time.

Sorry. Wish we'd known you were planning this (and vice-versa I imagine.)

Hey Steve, do you mean "The Overlook" restaurant at Leavenworth? Man, I love that place!

Joe

Hey Steve, do you mean "The Overlook" restaurant at Leavenworth? Man, I love that place!

Joe

Nope. There are two restaurants in Leavenworth. One is The Overlook, the other is The Dock. We flipped a coin and The Dock won.

The google maps reviews of The Overlook were about 50% ambience, 50% food. So what do you like about it?

There were no reviews of The Dock. It's in "Old Leavenworth" down on the river.

Sounds like we'll have to go back and check out The Overlook too. Whip me, beat me...:)

Nope. There are two restaurants in Leavenworth. One is The Overlook, the other is The Dock. We flipped a coin and The Dock won.

The google maps reviews of The Overlook were about 50% ambience, 50% food. So what do you like about it?

Sounds like we'll have to go back and check out The Overlook too. Whip me, beat me...:)

What's it gonna take THIS time, Steve????? 5 or 6 trips to figure it out????? I'd help ya this weekend, but we're headed east. Might have to help on one of those second recon trips, tho..........

Dan

What do I like about it???? Well, let's see....that would be the Food and the Ambience!!! :rotf:

They have a room at the back that overlooks the river....windows all around, kind of like a sunroom. It's right on a spot where the river makes a big winding turn to the South. Since the restaurant is built on a bluff high above the river, you can watch the barges coming from the east as they make their way around the bend and follow the river south. Probably see about a mile of the river all told. Really nice.

The Dock sounds great too. Glad you mentioned it, now I have another place to check out when I'm in the area!!

I think Southern Indiana is the best kept secret in the Midwest!

Joe

What's it gonna take THIS time, Steve????? 5 or 6 trips to figure it out????? I'd help ya this weekend, but we're headed east. Might have to help on one of those second recon trips, tho..........

Dan

Now Dan, no effort is too great for my brother VentureRiders. :) I'll be glad to have you along if we can work it out.

What do I like about it???? Well, let's see....that would be the Food and the Ambience!!! :rotf:

They have a room at the back that overlooks the river....windows all around, kind of like a sunroom. It's right on a spot where the river makes a big winding turn to the South. Since the restaurant is built on a bluff high above the river, you can watch the barges coming from the east as they make their way around the bend and follow the river south. Probably see about a mile of the river all told. Really nice.

The Dock sounds great too. Glad you mentioned it, now I have another place to check out when I'm in the area!!

Joe

The reviews were about half four out of five stars, and half two out of five. Not having been to either it really was a coin toss. I won't mind going back to check it out.

I like southern Indiana. I'm trying to do my part to get the word out.

Joe

Sounds like a couple of good places there. I've been down around there a long time ago and that whole area and into Kentucky is pretty nice. Sue and I plan on going down to Tennessee next year for some of our vacation, it's very nice down there too.