IGNORED

Inked for St Judes

Squidley

Hey All,

Well....here we go, my somewhat smartalec idea of getting Sledgehammer to get a tat has taken a turn, a good turn. Many of you know from the thread that Sleeperhawks Mechanic posted a few weeks ago about Tim's new dew rag http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26022 kinda morfed into something for St. Judes childrens hospital, well here is the skinny.

Bobbie (mechanic) has agreed to get a tattoo with me to try and raise money for St. Judes Hospital. Many of you know that here at VR.org St. Judes holds a very dear place in our hearts. Lewis Cramer (Dragonrider) has been doing the 50/50 raffle at Vogel for 3 years and donates half of the raffle funds to St. Judes. Year before last, he and about 10 other Venturerider members personally went to St. Judes and gave them the donation. Many of you also know that this was the last ride that Mark Stills (Meandog) ever took. We lost mark early this year to his battle with cancer, but he was hellbent on going and helping to deliver that money. He was amazed at the courage that the little ones had as they were and are battling this epidemic called Cancer. The donation will be presented in the memory of Mark Stills (Meandog)

http://stj.convio.net/site/TR/Events/Tribute?px=1618382&pg=fund&fr_id=1341

Well it's time, time for us to help the little ones again. Many of us here pride ourselves at helping others. Whether it be wrencing on a bike, or offering an ear and encouragement for those going through difficulties in life.

Bobbie has agreed to get a tattoo, not that she really wants to, but instead to sacrifise for a cause that is worthy...like St. Judes. She and I have talked and here is the plan.

Our goal is to raise $3000 by October 1st, this is the price that Bobbie feels her going through all this is worth. Now there is a disclaimer here, you are not going to know what our Tattoo's are going to be or where they will go on our persons until we meet that $3K goal. Is it a lot of money....Yes and No. $3K will buy a lot of items, but it's a drop in the bucket considering what the little ones go through. So I challenge all of our over 5000 members to hopefully find it in your hearts to donate what you can and help us meet this goal.

I want to say something here in all seriousness, this is strictly voluntary, if you are tight on cash then DONT donate. We have all been there and I'm definitely not asking you folks to give if money is tight. But if you have a spare few buck, perhaps putting off buying that 1 chrome piece for the bike for a few weeks or whatever. I ask that you please help us to meet our goal and make things happen. I will take the lead and will send $100 to Don through paypal as a gesture of my seriousness. I wont burden him with taking the donations, I will handle that as it was my mouth that got this ball rolling. My paypal addy is weldman333@yahoo.com or you can email or PM me for my home addy if you want to send it through the mail.

It's a lofty goal, but one that I believe is easily attainable, please help us in helping others that are in way more need. If there are any questions or concerns feel free to contact me either in this thread or by PM/email. Thank you all for listening and I look forward to being able to help us help children that need it :thumbsup2:

St Judes website

http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f2bfab46cb118010VgnVCM1000000e2015acRCRD

Edited by Squidley

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see this start off and to say Becky and I pledge $300.00 . That's $100.00 personally and $200.00 coming from our company (HSGI). It would be with a warm heart to see this contribution go towards these kids and an honor to be presented in "Memory of MeanDog" . Even more so to see the cringe on Bobbie and Squids faces as them tiny needles piercing 1,000's upon 1,000's of times , laying down that ink . So just think , your donation will (strictly voluntary) will also be considered "More Pain , More Gain '! :nanner:

BEER30

Drat!! Had I known this was happening, I would have volunteered myself. I have been wanting to get another one, just don't know what. If it will get more money for St. Jude's, I'll volunteer to be the third 'victim'. Heck, if the numbers get high enough, a head shaving might even be in order. (Just don't tell my wife)

Keep us posted on this Brad, I'm in for at least $100. I'll send it when the time gets closer (still paying for renovations to the house)

I still like the "8 ball" scenario, Brad. Put the Obert's down for 50 bucks towards your goal, will send it in a couple weeks when I get this remodel ruffed in. I personally think that 3 large is a little low for our fine group, I bet we beat it by a couple K. At least that's what I'm hoping for!!!!!

Dan

AKA Skinny Squidley

A AKA Ol'Ratso of the Toecutters MC

Bobbie,How about a Big yellow rose in the State of Texas? I went thru Paint Rock the other day and thought about you! Tom

The yellow rose is my favorite color for roses. :thumbsup2: But I am still not revealing what my tattoo will be!:whistling:

Ohh, I am so envious you went through there! :crying: There used to be Indian paintings on the rock nearby in Paint Rock but I don't know if they have been preserved after all these years.:confused24:

But..... Sleeperhawk and I will be at Lowake Inn on Tuesday, September 30 and then ride over to Eola for a quick look at my old high school/brewery! Did you get to go by Eola by any chance while you were in the area? I know that time you and Roadhand had to get back home.

The yellow rose is my favorite color for roses. :thumbsup2: But I am still not revealing what my tattoo will be!:whistling:

Ohh, I am so envious you went through there! :crying: There used to be Indian paintings on the rock nearby in Paint Rock but I don't know if they have been preserved after all these years.:confused24:

But..... Sleeperhawk and I will be at Lowake Inn on Tuesday, September 30 and then ride over to Eola for a quick look at my old high school/brewery! Did you get to go by Eola by any chance while you were in the area? I know that time you and Roadhand had to get back home.

I will be driving the Truck on that date but off Saturday the 27th if you all are around..Also the entire week 9/20-9/27-2008

I will be driving the Truck on that date but off Saturday the 27th if you all are around..Also the entire week 9/20-9/27-2008

We will be getting into Joshua, Texas on the 27th visiting our daughter and granddaughter and leaving there on Tuesday the 30th to Lowake Inn for lunch and then from there to Carlsbad, New Mexico. I guess we might see each other on the highways this trip!:crying:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgn viewpost.gif

Bobbie,

Maybe the highest donor wins the right to now the art and location first?

Could raise few extra dollars !!

Hmmm, that's an idea! :scratchchin: What do you think, Brad?

Sleeperhawk's Mechanic :2132:

Well I'll start thinking of the location and art design ! I know I will be pleased :innocent-emoticon: ! You know me , I have a crazy imagination,:scared:.

Do I hear a $301.00 Pledge ?

Seriously , donate what you can , no matter how small , it all adds up.

BEER30

Brad, how are we going to get the money to St. Jude, I suggest a ride to St. Jude's and have a meet and eat and then ride to the Hospital and make the donation, a tour can be arranged. I can handle those arrangements if you like, I want to help out any way I can besides making a donation, October would be a fine time to ride to Memphis for this cause..............Weekend days are the best for them as they arent so busy then. This is gonna be great.......

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Heading down on September 6, got involved with a friend and his mother. Going down with about 500 quilts, some do rags, jewelry, school stuff and cash donations. It's the 3rd year we've been involved, and have done a tour of St. Judes each year. It's truely amazing what they do for kids, and how much heart the kids have. Anyone local to St. Charles, any donations will help, you can look at the St. Judes sight as to what's acceptable, but need them by Sept. 2nd. I know its short notice but the wife is having a work day this Saturday 8/24, call if interested for directions, 636-278-2354...

Bobbie,

Maybe the highest donor wins the right to now the art and location first?

Could raise few extra dollars !!

I like it, we could notify the highest bidder before we post it on the forum. Beer 3o is in for $300....so that makes the mark $301. Just thought of something also, the highest bidder can come onto the forum and let everyone else know what the designs are....how's that sound ?

Brad, how are we going to get the money to St. Jude, I suggest a ride to St. Jude's and have a meet and eat and then ride to the Hospital and make the donation, a tour can be arranged. I can handle those arrangements if you like, I want to help out any way I can besides making a donation, October would be a fine time to ride to Memphis for this cause..............Weekend days are the best for them as they arent so busy then. This is gonna be great.......

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lewis,

I would like to ride it there very much, if you can handle the logisitics of that it would be a life saver. Thank you for all of your efforts with this my friend, after all YOU were the 1st one to start it at Vogel :happy34:

Drat!! Had I known this was happening, I would have volunteered myself. I have been wanting to get another one, just don't know what. If it will get more money for St. Jude's, I'll volunteer to be the third 'victim'. Heck, if the numbers get high enough, a head shaving might even be in order. (Just don't tell my wife)

Keep us posted on this Brad, I'm in for at least $100. I'll send it when the time gets closer (still paying for renovations to the house)

Vinny,

Thank you and Ruffy for the offers of the "Canvas" I appreciate it. I dont want to take advantage of Gene's son so we'll just keep it to Bobbie and I. :)

And for all the folks that have donated thus far, we are rolling VERY well right now and have over $600 towards our minimum goal

:banana: I can't thank you all enough for your trust in us and your generosity. Just remember if you have any questions feel free to email or PM me with any thoughts.

Thank you all again for truly making this site the best place to be on the web

:thumbsup2:

Edited by Squidley

I will get on it, now we need to settle on a date for the ride, You say Oct. 1st is the deadline to raise the funds, we dont want to wait too late in Oct to make the ride because of the weather changing, so I would suggest the 3rd or 4th weekend at the latest, which would be 10/18 or 10/25. I can also post a poll to see how many folks would be interested in going to Memphis for this great cause.....

Thanks for the kudos Brad, but without VR, none of this would have happened, so much of the gratitude goes to the members here for making Vogel & St. Jude's events happen.

:thumbsup:

I like it, we could notify the highest bidder before we post it on the forum. Beer 3o is in for $300....so that makes the mark $301

Lewis,

I would like to ride it there very much, if you can handle the logisitics of that it would be a life saver. Thank you for all of your efforts with this my friend, after all YOU were the 1st one to start it at Vogel :happy34:

Vinny,

Thank you and Ruffy for the offers of the "Canvas" I appreciate it. I dont want to take advantage of Gene's son so we'll just keep it to Bobbie and I. :)

And for all the folks that have donated thus far, we are rolling VERY well right now and have over $600 towards our minimum goal

:banana: I can't thank you all enough for your trust in us and your generosity. Just remember if you have any questions feel free to email or PM me with any thoughts.

Thank you all again for truly making this site the best place to be on the web :thumbsup2:

Edited by DragonRider

I will get on it, now we need to settle on a date for the ride, You day Oct. 1st is the deadline to raise the funds, we dont want to wait too late in Oct to make the ride because of the weather chaning, so I would suggest the 3rd or 4th weekend at the latest, which would be 10/18 or 10/25. I can also post a poll to see how many folks would be interested in going to Memphis for this great cause.....

Thanks for the kudos Brad, but without VR, none of this would have happened, so much of the gratitude goes to the members here for making Vogel & St. Jude's events happen.

Lewis,

I agree once we get the funds together it should happen fairly quickly. Bobbie and Goerge are heading to Arizona in that time frame so we'll have to somewhat play it by ear until mid September....we'll make it happen 1 way or the other :happy34:

I will get on it, now we need to settle on a date for the ride, You day Oct. 1st is the deadline to raise the funds, we dont want to wait too late in Oct to make the ride because of the weather chaning, so I would suggest the 3rd or 4th weekend at the latest, which would be 10/18 or 10/25. I can also post a poll to see how many folks would be interested in going to Memphis for this great cause.....

Lewis

Bobbie and I will be back home around the 12th of Oct.

The only weekend we have free in Oct is 18th or Halloween weekend.

We definitly want to be in on this ride. :cool10: