IGNORED

New Harley Model

Freebird

Somebody posted this at Touring Hogs and I thought I would put it out here also. I hadn't heard anything about Harley releasing a new factory trike but that's exactly what they have done. I think it's a very smart move. Even available with an optional reverse. I'm really surprised that Honda, Yamaha and other major manufacturers haven't done this also.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/HD_News/triglide_pr_popup.jsp?locale=en_US

Well...now...thats a sharp piece of kit! Good for Harley leading the way in this regard. It makes sense to do this really.....a trike designed to be a trike.

I like it.....too expensive for me but I gotta admit to liking it.

It wouldn't surprise me to see other manufactures doing the trike thing soon. As us "Youngsters" age a bit more we'll be thinking seriously about either converting our existing rides or buying new. It's a safe bet many will go for new if the right bike is available. :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Guest tx2sturgis

Harley has been working on this for several years...and there have been several press releases over the last year announcing the new trikes..not really news to fans of the brand. My understanding is that they worked with Lehman Trikes on the design.

I posted a link to the new Harley models, hoping to get some feedback...and I also mentioned I'd be taking a few trikes for demo rides at Sturgis in a few days. I'll let yall know how that goes!

I don't think it is that surprising that Harley would offer a factory trike since years ago they offered the service car motorcycle, the type used by parking enforcement and garages in the 50's and 60's. I don't know when they stopped selling the service car motorcycle but the new trike is certainly more advanced and appealing to the current market. Maybe when I can't get my leg over the saddle and keep the thing balanced I will be ready for one.

Ride on.......

A friend of mine just bought the new 2009 Screaming Eagle - the Orange/Grey color - incredibly sharp looking bike - for 40K out the door with couple of options put on.

The price for this trike I think is very respectable - especially given the cost to convert one as someone else had mentioned.

Harley has been working on this for several years...and there have been several press releases over the last year announcing the new trikes..not really news to fans of the brand. My understanding is that they worked with Lehman Trikes on the design.

I posted a link to the new Harley models, hoping to get some feedback...and I also mentioned I'd be taking a few trikes for demo rides at Sturgis in a few days. I'll let yall know how that goes!

My earlier post didn't take...hmmmm... Anyway, Lehman is doing the bikes for Harley. Harley sends bikes to Lehman, they convert them, and then ship out to the HD dealers. Sold as new HD trikes as HD trikes in their line...but done by Lehman.

We were in the Lehman factory in Spearfish two years ago and the tour guide sort of spilled the beans about the project.

Curt

I don't think it is that surprising that Harley would offer a factory trike since years ago they offered the service car motorcycle, the type used by parking enforcement and garages in the 50's and 60's. I don't know when they stopped selling the service car motorcycle but the new trike is certainly more advanced and appealing to the current market. Maybe when I can't get my leg over the saddle and keep the thing balanced I will be ready for one.

Ride on.......

The old service cars were made until 1967 and they were the only bike after 1957 to have the 45 cu.in (750). Very different from the XL 750 racer engine. I'm surprise harley didn't do this ten years ago but better later than never. More scuttle but says they may be bringing back the Tri-hawk too!